Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moorea advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Moorea advice

Anyone stayed recently at the Sofitel Moorea la Ora Beach resort? The luxury overwater bungalows look like the perfect fit for my bucket list!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Moorea advice

Planning a trip that will include Tahiti, and I was assuming a few nights on Bora Bora until reading FT and learning about the flights from PPT, the food the costs, et. So...more likely will go to Sofitel on Moorea and stay 4 nights in luxury king overwater bungalow for 4 nights. Does anyone know the property? Restaurants? Excursion advice? Any other feedback?
Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:19 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
nope but i had the reps for these hotels come into work a couple of weeks back.. what questions did you have?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Hi...and thanks! For the IC, is there any way to use points or cash and points for an OW bungalow? I have Amb. status.

For the Sofitel, I was just looking for a trip report of some sort...it looks gorgeous, but I'd love to have that confirmed before ponying up $800+/night for 3 or 4 nights! I am bound and determined to stay in the top of the line bungalow, so will bokk that and not have to hope for an upgrade - but my traveling companions will likely book next level down and will be hoping...how are there chances? Timing is October...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:19 am

Here's a quick video we took a few months ago of the Sofitel in Moorea http://youtu.be/36OYuhF1BnI
Old May 20, 2017, 5:47 am

Anyone have any experience with Accor platinum benefits at Sofitel Moorea? I booked the basic room for four nights (honeymoon). What can I expect with my status?
Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:58 pm

An update: we were provided an upgrade to a deluxe overwater bungalow (for four nights). Not sure if it was the honeymoon or the platinum status that put us over the edge. Thanks, Sofitel Moorea!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I sincerely think there's less platinum members in Moorea than honeymooners... ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.