Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Up to 2000 easy points for Facebook contest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 2000 easy points for Facebook contest

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And also pointed out numerous times... some people seem to have received some points already.
So not a very well run promotion.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
And also pointed out numerous times... some people seem to have received some points already.
So not a very well run promotion.
'Well run' and Accor are not usually used in the same sentence when dealing with their promotions and loyalty programme.

As an aside, I booked two Sofitel hotels on Oct 15 in their sale and although I shouldn't be complaining, these purchases are still not showing on my Mastercard and MC have confirmed they have received no transactions from Accor.

Usually such transactions are visible within a few days on my statement and despite the confirmations showing on my Le Club account - I am just hoping that this is not another Accor 'glitch'.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
In my experience of pre-paid bookings with Accor, it depends on when the hotel processes the payment. Sometimes, the hotel processes immediately so it shows up in your account within a few days just like a normal credit card transaction you'd make in a shop. For some hotels, they tend to process them later and sometimes even a few days before the stay or on a few occasions, on the day you arrive. So, I wouldn't worry - it has nothing to do with a glitch. Just check your credit card statement the day before you arrive in case they still haven't taken the amount and in such a case they'll do it upon arrival. I wouldn't complain about this as it would actually save you days of interest if you're not planning on paying it off that month.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I've just finished the last batch of questions, no issues whatsoever, banked another 500 points and waiting for the grand draw now
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
In my experience of pre-paid bookings with Accor, it depends on when the hotel processes the payment. Sometimes, the hotel processes immediately so it shows up in your account within a few days just like a normal credit card transaction you'd make in a shop. For some hotels, they tend to process them later and sometimes even a few days before the stay or on a few occasions, on the day you arrive. So, I wouldn't worry - it has nothing to do with a glitch. Just check your credit card statement the day before you arrive in case they still haven't taken the amount and in such a case they'll do it upon arrival. I wouldn't complain about this as it would actually save you days of interest if you're not planning on paying it off that month.
I am not overly concerned but I have never waited this long to be charged.

Both transactions were made on the same day for two different Sofitel hotels but I will wait!

As for the topic of this thread - 500 points earned today and the site seemed to be working fine - although no points credited into my account yet.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
I've just finished the last batch of questions, no issues whatsoever, banked another 500 points and waiting for the grand draw now
Yup, no problems for me either with the last round.

Fingers crossed that the promo works without drama. I'm expecting drama, though -- how often do internet promos work right?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:30 am

Fingers crossed! Lets hope for the best! Thanks again for the Hint with the Promo!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Hi can anyone help. My entry for the last two weeks have not posted to my account although this weeks has already. Is there a Lurker who could possibly help?

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:44 pm

How can you tell? Either way, no reason to raise any alarms before three weeks past the end of the game.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
How can you tell? Either way, no reason to raise any alarms before three weeks past the end of the game.
If that was aimed towards me it's because todays posted straight away and the others have not.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:33 pm

Interesting. It might have been a coincidence, though. I know I haven't received any points yet Pretty erratic, it seems.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:23 pm

500 points also landed in my account yesterday as "Discovery Tour Game Bonus". So... that's interesting.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
If you got some wrong every week you could tell, I guess?

Originally Posted by Marr3wk
500 points also landed in my account yesterday as "Discovery Tour Game Bonus". So... that's interesting.
I've had 500 points post, but my valid till date hasn't changed. Usually this updates after some points activity.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery
If you got some wrong every week you could tell, I guess?

I've had 500 points post, but my valid till date hasn't changed. Usually this updates after some points activity.
I think these points are regarded as a bonus - and therefore not usual points activity.

For example despite having points post from the "competition", the number of points needed to get to platinum has not changed.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
hmm I just played and only received 250 pts.. could it be that I tried a few a couple of times until it registered correctly on the map?
yep.. I see I only got 5 right since I guessed until they matched.. :-(

Last edited by duranza; Nov 6, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.