Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
TravelinSperry,

I'm sure you'll enjoy Sofitel Sukhumvit. While service isn't as good as SGS, hardware is better and it is really a great property in that vicinity.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
TravelinSperry,

I'm sure you'll enjoy Sofitel Sukhumvit. While service isn't as good as SGS, hardware is better and it is really a great property in that vicinity.
Yup, pool isn't as good either, but at < 4000B with free Accor Plat out there, it can't be beaten.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thanks all - I'll report back and let you know. It sounds good, and yes the price is right.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Yup, pool isn't as good either, but at < 4000B with free Accor Plat out there, it can't be beaten.
I actually like the pool - sun and light allover the place - the only problem was during H1 when I last stayed that wi-fi is unusable by the pool.

< 4000B?? I'm paying 6k!!

By the way - has anyone tried a limo service from BKK to the property? What kind of cars do they have and how much do they charge?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
I actually like the pool - sun and light allover the place - the only problem was during H1 when I last stayed that wi-fi is unusable by the pool.

By the way - has anyone tried a limo service from BKK to the property? What kind of cars do they have and how much do they charge?
I have used a couple of times and they use a Merced E class and the price is aound 2500 Bath.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by SASDC8
I have used a couple of times and they use a Merced E class and the price is aound 2500 Bath.
With or without tax? Iirc, Merc S is 2700++ at SGS.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

Rate I have is 4325 THB, including tax.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Rate I have is 4325 THB, including tax.
How - and when are you staying?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
During the last Sofitel Private Sales I booked a standard room for a stay in march at 3.460 THB all inclusive. imho a great value.

Limousine transfer booked through hotel is at 2.200 THB all inclusive with a Mercedes Benz E
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by olisch
During the last Sofitel Private Sales I booked a standard room for a stay in march at 3.460 THB all inclusive. imho a great value.
Indeed!

Originally Posted by olisch
Limousine transfer booked through hotel is at 2.200 THB all inclusive with a Mercedes Benz E
It turns out the pricelist was on the website - it's now 2500thb a.i. The more expensive option is a Vito, so no S-class, sadly.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

Yup i like the pool also. You cann see the review in my blog
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:55 am

Yes, it's a nice pool, certainly nothing to complain about, but it's not as good as the Sheraton. The pool at the SGS is the best in BKK IMO.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Yes, it's a nice pool, certainly nothing to complain about, but it's not as good as the Sheraton. The pool at the SGS is the best in BKK IMO.
I agree, and in fact is a major reason why I sometimes stay at the SGS instead of the Sofitel. Both have nice pools, and another favorite is the one at the Conrad -- it's the largest of the three.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:22 pm

Now that we're digressing - Less sun and busier at SGS than Plaza Athénée. Perhaps my favourite pool of the three.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:11 am

It was available the middle of December - and appears still is. It was their 5 day winter special rate of -30% and included chocolates, late check out and 3x points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.