Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Which is perfectly in-line with the Terms and Conditions of LeClub.
Absolutely, perks only apply if an eligible booking is in place.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by stimpy
Knowing Thai administration like I do, I would not take this as a final answer. I would call and speak directly to a reservation manager, or perhaps the GM if you can reach him, to push for an upgrade as an Elite member of Le Club.
Thanks, took your advice and contacted appropriate executive managmeent who assisted in sorting out the issues and proposed a very good solution for this stay and potential future stays when using a packaged rate. I am now really looking forward to my stay. Many thanks. ^
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by SethLevy
Thanks, took your advice and contacted appropriate executive managmeent who assisted in sorting out the issues ...
Hi, can you let me know who you contacted (name / number) there as I am in the same situation... or PM me if you like?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Reglo
Hi, can you let me know who you contacted (name / number) there as I am in the same situation... or PM me if you like?
Sure, I have the info at work, will PM you tomorrow.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
The responses to email's from the hotel are inconsistent. Some reservation staff say upgrades are applicable, subject to availability others not. I just had two replies to an email I sent by two members of staff within 5 minutes of each other saying the complete opposite. An upgrade of 2471.90 NET was quoted by one reservation staff member to get a room on the executive floor.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Maybe I overread it somewhere ... but if I book a club room or get upgraded to a club room can I just have breakfast at the lounge or at the restaurant as well?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:06 pm

Smile

Yeah, according to the hotel, you can have breakfast at the lounge or at the "Voila" restaurant - it's up to you.

Originally Posted by olisch
Maybe I overread it somewhere ... but if I book a club room or get upgraded to a club room can I just have breakfast at the lounge or at the restaurant as well?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TheShis
Yeah, according to the hotel, you can have breakfast at the lounge or at the "Voila" restaurant - it's up to you.
that's great ... thx
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Do try the L'Appart, great food. Another wonderful stay for me.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:26 am

I used the Travelzoo vouchers and got upgraded as a Plat to a Club room. I honestly did not know if I got club access, since I never asked or tried to access it. All that matters for me was I got free (high speed) internet, nice Hermes toiletries and super yummy breakfast (the bread pudding is to die for!).

I'd go back!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
I just booked 6 nights in a Prestige Suite at this hotel. Anyone tried that room?

Also wondering how the Club Millesime is?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by SASDC8
I just booked 6 nights in a Prestige Suite at this hotel. Anyone tried that room?

Well, despite the fact I didn't get a chance to post my review on TripAdvisor just yet, I spent 2 disasterous nights in 2 Opera Suites at this hotel, and I can honestly say - by all means, cancel your reservations if you can, and head for So Sofitel, instead.
The rooms are rather on the small size (for SE Asia) and the Club is decent, nothing more.
This was BY FAR the worst Sofitel I've ever been to. Avoid it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by TheShis
This was BY FAR the worst Sofitel I've ever been to. Avoid it.
Strong words here. What happened?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by SASDC8

I stayed at the Prestige Suite couple of weeks ago. I think it is OK but nothing special or extraordinary. Don't think I will return.

Room
- nice contemporary design
- toilet has separate shower, bathtub etc
- Hermes toiletries
- separate living room with a sofa and TV with Bose system (should be Bose if I can recall correctly)
- no tea, no hair dryer, no tooth brush, tooth paste etc

Club Lounge
- club lounge is quite huge and has 2 separate area (occupies whole floor)
- crowd mostly gathered around the sofa area and bar counter
- drinks and canapes are OK
- breakfast : choice of having in club or restaurant

Club Millesime Privileges :
- complimentary breakfast from 6.30 AM to 10.30 AM (weekday) & 6.30 AM to 11 AM (weekend)
- complimentary after tea (2-4 PM)
- complimentary evening cocktail from 5-7 PM
- coffee, tea, mineral water and soft drinks throughout the day
- late checkout until 16:00 PM (subject to availability)
- unlimited high speed broadband internet in room and wireless internet access within the hotel premises
- complimentary business center service club Millesime
- 1 hour free use of club lounge meeting room per day
- personalised butler service 24 hours per day
- complimentary pressing 2 pieces per stay

Happy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:39 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RJ77
Strong words here. What happened?
RJ - I'll leave the full description to my TripAdvisor review, but in general, they put me in a room (one of the Opera Suites), which was not ready yet - and I was certainly the first guest to stay in that room.
What happened? Well, first of all, the service level was abysmal.
The bedroom door's lock was broken and the door was closed shut - took 30 minutes to get it to open (with the personal butler stuck inside and us not being able to have a shower upon arrival). There was no mini-bar in the room. There were no hot water in the room!!! There was no way to turn off the lights in the bedroom. At all!!! They tried to fix it starting at 2AM, but were unsuccesfull. We had to switch rooms at 3 in the morning!
Plus, the restaurant actually charge you for the complimentary "Sofitel" bottle of water you get in the room and in the lounge - some 70THB++. Ridiculous.
For all the trouble I went through, they gave me the first night complimentary (the refund took almost a month to process...), but everyone in the hotel (including the hotel's manager and the GM) - simply DON'T CARE. Other than "sorry for the inconveniences" there was no real customer-care at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.