Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new 50% off sale

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: Accor Le Club Advantage Plus Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SQ KrisFlyer Silver
You should e-mail the hotel directly and see if they can help you. I had a similar experience recently with Ibis Styles Southwark in London. The rate was pre-paid and my card was already charged. I e-mailed the hotel and they allow me to change the guest name.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Up to 40% off

Just got an E Mail, another sale of some sort maybe just for Australia. Up to 40% off.

Clicked on the link and tried to make a booking, but "the requested rate is not available".

After complaining bitterly about non-availability of sale rates earlier in this thread, it turned out they just handn't loaded the inventory. Might give them another day or two this time.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Originally Posted by harryhv
Just got an E Mail, another sale of some sort maybe just for Australia. Up to 40% off.

Clicked on the link and tried to make a booking, but "the requested rate is not available".

After complaining bitterly about non-availability of sale rates earlier in this thread, it turned out they just handn't loaded the inventory. Might give them another day or two this time.
Is this the deal you were talking about/received an E-Mail for?

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promot...ustralia.shtml

I received an E-Mail about this yesterday as well but went to do a search and it seems very limited on what hotels are either participating/number of rooms available. I was hoping to find a list of areas that are applicable for the deal/what brands are participating but can't seem to find anything (typical Accor marketing?)

I would have thought judging by the picture that the offer would be relatively Worldwide, but it seems some countries are participating and others not...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:19 pm

Yes that's the one. And of course with Accor there's no clue as to which hotels/countries are supposed to be participating. Still haven't actually found a room at this rate but maybe the web page is still catching up. Things seem to have moved half a step forward:

Searched for Narita and it said the rate was available at the Mercure, but on the next page to select a room...

"Specific rates are not available for the type of room selected. We can offer you the following rates"

and showed just the usual rates

Maybe by tomorrow the actual room rates will also be loaded!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: QF WP
"29 hotels are available on the requested dates for this destination, but do not match your specific rates."

Why bother?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by harryhv
Sydney, Australia: Sorry, no hotels are available for this destination
Why not perform a new search by changing your destination?

Perth, Australia: Sorry, no hotels are available for this destination

Brisbane, Australia: Sorry, no hotels are available for this destination

Melbourne, Australia: Sorry, no hotels are available for this destination

Grrr, wasted another half-hour thanks to Accor, when will I ever learn.
I've really had it with Accor's bait-and-switch advertising in Australia. I responded to the email within 2 hours of receiving it, to find what you've found.

I've told them so directly, and encourage Australians to write to both the Aussie CEO Simon McGrath <[email protected]>, and the Accor CEO Denis Hennequin @ <[email protected]>. While Hennequin never responds to his customers, McGrath is just a rude ********. But they deserve to cop some complaints.

I've also lodged a complaint with the ACCC, but they're generally pretty worthless.

Last edited by starflyergold; Jul 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm Reason: ToS issue
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:57 am

The past few days, have been trying to get some deals with the "40% sale" for Jakarta and Bangkok properties to no avail..is it a scam? SPG and IHG finally got my money.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:55 am

To be fair, that 50% sale did finally load some rooms in Australia the following day after the sale was advertised, and I actually booked a week in Perth for next week through the sale.

But this new 40% off sale is rubbish, you can click through the web page to the T&Cs

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promot...ditions-bottom

ultimately a page which says there's no new sale, the 40% off is a mixture of some existing sales for France, Portugal etc with different start and end days. The only sale for Australia is 3-for-2, get 3 nights if you pay the rack rate for 2 nights, somewhat unattractive as the rack rate is about double the normal rate.
Valid for stays 18/7 to 30/9.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Email received : Thursday, 19 July 2012, 13:54

Originally Posted by le club Accor
50% off when you use your points - 48 hours only!

Hurry: Ends 23:59 20th July!
Do we all need to le club together to buy these jokers a proper clock ?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

I am converting all my points to IB Plus automatically, much beter value!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

13:56 here, it really beggars belief.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by starflyergold
13:56 here, it really beggars belief.
Yet to receive anything here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.