Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 1:41 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello mgo72,

Can you please specify what issue that has yet to be resolved? If you provide me with more information, then I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Chris

Originally Posted by mgo72
Sent last week ŕ mail to Accor-club likje The conciërge Tols me to do.

Nothing solved !!!

Just asked me my login name on Flyertalk ??
and gave me some cynic advise!!!

" We encourage you to make a lot Facebook-check-ins to gain a lot of points"

So when you complain about points not posting, they try to frustrate you more by advising you to do more frustrating stuff??

Really disappointed as the Concierge here tries to answer everyone correctly!
Old May 5, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Well,

Contacting 5 times support and hopefully getting something is not really a nice way to help.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: some
Finally, one of my check-ins worked (Novotel Munich).
Now, if I could only get the others to post as well....
Old May 8, 2012, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Scheitan
Finally, one of my check-ins worked (Novotel Munich).
Now, if I could only get the others to post as well....
Yes mine worked also after 4 mails and netted me .......

ZERO points!
Old May 8, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
You only get points after unlocking a badge. This typically takes a few check-ins under different circumstances, or multiple check-ins at the same property. I've managed 350 points from Places, so far.

You should get 50 points for your very first check-in (the "Welcomer" badge), but it takes a fair few days after your check-in for the badge to be awarded.

Yes mine worked also after 4 mails and netted me .......

ZERO points!
Old May 8, 2012, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
You only get points after unlocking a badge. This typically takes a few check-ins under different circumstances, or multiple check-ins at the same property. I've managed 350 points from Places, so far.

You should get 50 points for your very first check-in (the "Welcomer" badge), but it takes a fair few days after your check-in for the badge to be awarded.
We are 2 weeks later !

Multiple checins during stays not possible as it did not work!
Old May 8, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes, I'm afraid that mine took more than 2 weeks from check-in to badge confirmation - and longer beyond that for the points to post. It certainly isn't the quickest thing going!

I've also had some stays that did not automatically post to A|Club Places. Does seem a bit hit-and-miss. A lot of the problems seem to be down to 'unofficial' place pages that don't cut across to the app. Having said that, I've checked in to 'official' Accor places that didn't show up automatically in the app (MGallery and a couple of Pullmans). Was eventually sorted out manually by the Places team though.

Sorry you're having so many problems with it.

We are 2 weeks later !

Multiple checins during stays not possible as it did not work!
Old May 9, 2012, 3:33 am

Hello mgo72 and Scheitan,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having problems using the Places by Le Club Accorhotels application. It is true that there are some bugs in the application due to non-official Facebook Places, which lead to points not being registered with the application. Unfortuntaley, on smart phones there is no way to differentiate between official and non-official Facebook Places. Places by Le Club Accorhotels stresses that it is highly aware of this problem and is currently working hard with Facebook to eliminate the non-official Places that are distrupting the smooth functioning of the application. In the meantime, we have had to request that Places by Le Club Accorhotels check-in information be sent to us for verification. We regret that the process for receiving points via this manner is lengthy, but as it is done manually, it requires several weeks or longer in some cases for points to be credited.

@mgo72: specifically regarding your missing points for your manually approved stay, I will contact the Places by Le Club Accorhotels technical team to investigate why this happened. Once I have more information, I will get back to you.

@Scheitan: did you send the necessary information to the Places by Le Club Accorhotels contact team to investigate the matter if the stays were indeed eligible for Places points?

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Chris

Last edited by AccorHotels Concierge; May 9, 2012 at 9:11 am
Old May 9, 2012, 9:08 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Maybe moving this entire thing over to FourSquare might be better!
Old May 9, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Maybe moving this entire thing over to FourSquare might be better!
Out of curiosity, what is foursquare ? Googling showed it was something similar to the facebook check-in ?
Old May 9, 2012, 10:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Out of curiosity, what is foursquare ? Googling showed it was something similar to the facebook check-in ?
FQ is a location based social networking app which can be very useful when travelling. A fair number of hotel chains use it: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...Check-In_Badge
Old May 10, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
From what I've read so far, one has to check into a hotel's official page in order to get the app to register the check-in. So how does checking in work when the hotel doesn't have its own Facebook page? I'll be staying in all seasons Wien President, which falls under the latter.
Old May 11, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
@Scheitan: did you send the necessary information to the Places by Le Club Accorhotels contact team to investigate the matter if the stays were indeed eligible for Places points?

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Chris
Hello Chris,

I did send the information for both stays and (if I remember correctly) was informed that they were indeed eligible. Unfortunately, no points, badges, etc. followed.

Best regards
Old May 11, 2012, 6:05 am

Unbelievable!

It does not work and then there are here some people that want to help and tell what is wrogn, but they do not do anything with it.

Not really nice and will not really put more effort on it.
Old May 11, 2012, 7:20 am

Hello gojko88,

Thank you for your question about this issue. There are select few hotels which do not have an official or even unofficial Facebook Places. The hotels concerned are in the process of creating them. Places by Le Club Accorhotels acknowledges this problem and sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience that it most certainly poses for the application's users.

Should you come across such a hotel, please contact me, and I will be sure to relay the information to the Le Club Accorhotels program.

Thank you for your input and please do not hesitate to write if you have any further comments or questions.

All the best,

Chris

Originally Posted by gojko88
From what I've read so far, one has to check into a hotel's official page in order to get the app to register the check-in. So how does checking in work when the hotel doesn't have its own Facebook page? I'll be staying in all seasons Wien President, which falls under the latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.