FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Free Accor Platinum 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1298749-free-accor-platinum-2012-a.html)

yorkboy24 Jan 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Starflyergold - I agree that it is a slap in the face of loyal customers who spend their way to Gold and Platinum. I've already told them that if there continues to be a move in this direction, I'll be quitting the programme and taking my business to another hotel group. Their marketing strategy needs to be more balanced to, on one hand, reward loyal customers for their commitment to Accor and on the other, develop appropriate strategies to increase their customer base. Giving too many freebies tips the balance the other way and will alienate its core clientele.

tycosiao Jan 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Because I received plat,

I made stays in accor hotels that I would otherwise not.

So imo, it works for Accor.

I understand those who actually spent up should receive more.

starflyergold Jan 12, 2012 1:39 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24 (Post 17796027)
Starflyergold - I agree that it is a slap in the face of loyal customers who spend their way to Gold and Platinum. I've already told them that if there continues to be a move in this direction, I'll be quitting the programme and taking my business to another hotel group. Their marketing strategy needs to be more balanced to, on one hand, reward loyal customers for their commitment to Accor and on the other, develop appropriate strategies to increase their customer base. Giving too many freebies tips the balance the other way and will alienate its core clientele.

I can to a degree understand the current gold promotion, but the top tier should never be free in a loyalty programme.

ab007 Jan 12, 2012 5:38 am

Originally Posted by gojko88 (Post 17763476)
Only after your first stay.

Actually my online status changed to Platinum instantly, and I received a platinum card in the post about 2 weeks later. I have stayed at accor a couple of times before thought if that's what you mean... so it wasnt a new account with 0 points, but I haven't made a stay for a long time.

I do however have one end of the month, when I phoned to book hotel told me I should get an upgrade when I show the card at check in... we'll see.

Oh, and for the record even as someone who is taking advantage of the offer - I agree it's unfair on people who have earnt status to just hand it out.

DUS Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 17797310)
Because I received plat,

I made stays in accor hotels that I would otherwise not.

And thatīs exactly the reason why they give away the status to thousands of people.

Letīs be honest, Accorīs loyalty program is one of the most useless hotel programs offering hardly any value at all to its members. Their CR more often than not is useless and making the effort to send them a message, regrettably, is a waste of time way too often.

I think that giving away the Plat status so easily just shows that ACCOR donīt value their own program and its members. So the only thing they want to achieve is to attract new platinum members who then spend money with them, money that would otherwise have gone to a different hotel group.

IMHO.....

devicron Jan 13, 2012 4:07 am

Expired

The given promotion code is not usable anymore

schauschun Jan 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by devicron (Post 17805706)
The given promotion code is not usable anymore

same here ...:eek::eek:

hazinheira Jan 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by schauschun (Post 17808130)
same here ...:eek::eek:

+1

ballencrieff Jan 18, 2012 11:58 am

It let me register, but at the end I found I had no Elite Status in the programme.

ORDnHKG Jan 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 17798143)
I can to a degree understand the current gold promotion, but the top tier should never be free in a loyalty programme.

Well, consider they are not giving much benefit to platinum compare to other hotel's program top tier would get breakfast, guranteed upgrade and lounge access, so they are not really losing much.

Originally Posted by DUS (Post 17802395)

Letīs be honest, Accorīs loyalty program is one of the most useless hotel programs offering hardly any value at all to its members. Their CR more often than not is useless and making the effort to send them a message, regrettably, is a waste of time way too often.

+1

burmans Jan 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 17839839)
Well, consider they are not giving much benefit to platinum compare to other hotel's program top tier.

+1

Good for getting status match on other programs!

Enigma Jan 21, 2012 10:45 am

Originally Posted by burmans (Post 17847408)
Good for getting status match on other programs!

The ones that count (Hilton etc.) don't match Accor for the very reason that it's NOT a 'real' loyalty program at the end of the day.

adlibitum Jan 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 17858023)
The ones that count (Hilton etc.) don't match Accor for the very reason that it's NOT a 'real' loyalty program at the end of the day.

Which ones will status match to Accor?

burmans Jan 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum (Post 17872568)
Which ones will status match to Accor?

Haven't really tried many as don't have many stays coming up until beyond 3 months (and think some may put me on a 3 months challenge) but have go Best Western to give me Diamond Elite with it which may then use for other programs.

It is rumoured this can be used to upgrade to PC Plat fairly easily and it appears somewhat unpredictable results with others.

Haven't tried Hilton as I got Hilton Gold via other means.

AC_Good_Will Jan 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by hazinheira (Post 17819203)
+1

+1