Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:35 am

Also for me, only the Dutch one worked.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:02 pm

Free Accor Platinum 2012

No longer working.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
We did this last year, just got emails demoting us both to "Classic". No soft landing, back to the basic level! Not going to bother doing the new one, there is only one possible Accor stay for us next year - in Makassar, Indonesia!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiki
We did this last year, just got emails demoting us both to "Classic". No soft landing, back to the basic level!
IME, that is par for the course with frequent stayer programmes (unlike frequent flyer programs, where soft landing is more common).
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
neither link were working when I just tried them, oh well, better luck next time
Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
We did this last year, just got emails demoting us both to "Classic". No soft landing, back to the basic level! Not going to bother doing the new one, there is only one possible Accor stay for us next year - in Makassar, Indonesia!
It would seem then that you must not have had 10 qualifying stays which would (should) have demoted you to Silver.

I suspect the free Platinum card is targeted at those who have higher status in other loyalty programmes and is offered as a temptation to switch their allegiance.

There is nothing wrong with the Accor properties, sadly, the Le Club Accor programme does have well documented issues that hardly offers incentives to switch.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by mullepol
Also for me, only the Dutch one worked.

Thanks!
I was contacted recently by Accor to let me know that latest promo on FREE Platinum was for Dutch folks only, hence they deleted my new account...Oh, well!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by sindjic
I was contacted recently by Accor to let me know that latest promo on FREE Platinum was for Dutch folks only, hence they deleted my new account...Oh, well!
uhhh! this s the first time i heard something like this by accor!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
uhhh! this s the first time i heard something like this by accor!
Why the surprise? Every single link for "free" elite status traded in this thread comes from a targeted promotion by Accor. The only reason why they are public is down to the bloggosphere.

It appears that those not invited to the party are now being "uninvited".
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Why the surprise? Every single link for "free" elite status traded in this thread comes from a targeted promotion by Accor. The only reason why they are public is down to the bloggosphere.

Or to put it another way, Security has been called to toss out those who gatecrashed this party
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by starflyergold

since Accor never done something like this in the past 12 months..i remember that on nov. 11 were plenty of links and thousand of people subscribed it without any cancellation (or kick out) by accor!
maybe, this time they are more prudent about it!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Are there any new platinum offers?

The old one, as noted above, doesn't work...
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by qasr
Are there any new platinum offers?
Hopefully not. Why should someone who never/only somtimes stay in a Sofitel/Accor should get a Platinum-Status!?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by Kölner
Hopefully not. Why should someone who never/only somtimes stay in a Sofitel/Accor should get a Platinum-Status!?
Because some "only sometimes""stayers become good customers???

I increased my usual stays at Pullman Khon Kaen to 4x2 nights/year because it's nearby my residence and I enjoy/need regular luxury breaks.

I also stay at least 30 nights/year in hotels during my travelings as a retired business traveler (too much itching, can't stay more than 30 days at home)

Accidentally discovered A club early 2012, got silver and a found a way to get platinum. Increased my 2012 stays towards Accor properties.

2013 sofar have booked 3 nights stay at Pullman Khon Kaen January, 3 nights at Pullman King Power Bangkok February, will continue towards Chumpon to visit friends and stay at Novotel there, on the way back stay a few nights at Novotel Hua Hin or Cha Am.
This will total 10+ nights for Januari/Februari 2013.
Will increase stays at PM KK to 4x3 nights/year.

Further plans will include Sofitel Pokheetra Krabi and Mercure Golf Kikuoka in Luxemburg for April. Have also Sofitel Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) on my list.

Plan to buy 50+ shares in Accor to remain platinum, unlikely I will stay 60+ night at Accor properties, I don't travel THAT much, but 30+ for gold? Easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.