Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:26 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
[...]some of the best and most professional service you will find in Paris
Nice to read this very positive update -- thanks. We've booked a junior suite for three nights next month (the 50% "private sale" discount made the price extremely attractive) and I'll report in due course.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Pullman Dubai

- What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked superior - got executive club

- How are the rooms?
excellent

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
1. Got massive cake selection, fruit platter and bottle of fizzy date drink
Bad:
1. nothing
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: CX GO, Miles&Smiles Elite, Accor Plus Diamond
Originally Posted by chentaiman
What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

NO

Booked Superior Seaview and got exactly that. No upgrade as they claim rooms are tight. However, they are selling all sorts of room online.

- How are the rooms?
This hotel is about 1.5yrs old but the rooms are already run down. Walls are moldy and ants all around.

Good:
cheap rate.

Bad:
No Le Club Platinum recognition whatsoever
Check-In welcome procedure sloppy. No welcome drink, no welcome gift. No RECOGNITION PERIOD.
Asked for late checkout, but again turned down.
Willing to pay for half day, but the check in staff actually told me to do it online. I am not sure if he was just brushing me off or what. How on earth will one be able to book half a day online?

Plenty of nice hotels here. Will not come back and will tell all my friends to avoid this ...... place.

Well, the saga continues. I have received my credit card statement, and the hotel charged me twice. My bank has to verify with them before giving a credit. Plus the points for the stay have not been credited yet.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Sofitel - London Heathrow

Platinum

Yes

Booked Superior - Paid 25 at desk to upgrade booking to Lux - Got Junior Suite

- How are the rooms?
excellent

Good:

Good sized very clean room, not "really" a suite, just a large room, but still very comfortable.
Nice view of Airplanes landing, good soundproofing. Very nice looking lounge.
Good desk staff. Excellent breakfast.

Bad:

Evening canapes in lounge were limited in selection and quite unimpressive.
Moody bar staff in Sphere, didn't look after us really well considering we were buying champagne like it was going out of fashion.
Weird fusion restaurant menu. (including Peking duck Pizza? )
No swimming pool

Reasonable value given the high quality of the room
Unlikely to return, prefer Hilton T4 for 1/2 the price.
Old May 2, 2012, 1:48 am
IMH

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Booked Superior - Paid 25 at desk to upgrade booking to Lux - Got Junior Suite
I'd be interested to know who was pro-active here -- did you ask about a paid upgrade or did they offer? (I've never asked or been offered.)

Unlikely to return, prefer Hilton T4 for 1/2 the price.
Interesting (and several posters in the specific property thread have expressed the opposite view). One factor muddying things is definitely the (for outsiders) unpredictable pricing. I've paid from 69 to 200 for a standard room at the Sofitel -- and you can be sure that the times it was nearer 200 I checked the T4 Hilton prices first and found them to be just as high or higher.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by IMH
I'd be interested to know who was pro-active here -- did you ask about a paid upgrade or did they offer? (I've never asked or been offered.)
I called before I left home to ask if I had ben upgraded and was told I had been, from Superior room to Luxury room.

I asked if they had any suites available and was told the upgrade would be 40 from Luxury room to Junior Suite.

I then asked if I could pay the upgrade from Superior to Luxury (25) in order to get the upgrade to a Junior Suite as the website was not showing any Luxury room when I booked, and they agreed.

Originally Posted by IMH
Interesting (and several posters in the specific property thread have expressed the opposite view). One factor muddying things is definitely the (for outsiders) unpredictable pricing. I've paid from 69 to 200 for a standard room at the Sofitel -- and you can be sure that the times it was nearer 200 I checked the T4 Hilton prices first and found them to be just as high or higher.
For me the fact that the Sofitel had no pool was the main problem as I usually travel with my wife and child. I normally book the Hilton quite far in advance and pay 100-120 for a standard room and get an executive with lounge access. The lounge may not be as nice looking as the Sofitel but the snacks are much better.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:18 am
IMH

Thanks for the extra details, PG!
Old May 2, 2012, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For me the fact that the Sofitel had no pool was the main problem as I usually travel with my wife and child.
It's funny how different we all can be. If I'm traveling with family, I prefer the Sofitel since it's just a short walk for everyone to BA check in. I wouldn't want to subject them to an external hotel at LHR. Especially not the horror that is the Hoppa!
Old May 2, 2012, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
It's funny how different we all can be. If I'm traveling with family, I prefer the Sofitel since it's just a short walk for everyone to BA check in. I wouldn't want to subject them to an external hotel at LHR. Especially not the horror that is the Hoppa!
Hilton provides a free bus service to T3 and T5 although I just park my car at the Hilton, then move to the valet parking at whichever terminal we are leaving from.

Last time we stayed at Hilton we took the free bus service to T5 just to visit for "fun", Little Miss loved it as it was the first time she had ever been on a bus

I'll admit the T5 Sofitel does seem really convenient especially if you are on a really early flight from T5.

Another way I might consider using it is for a 99 day room incase we don't manage to get much sleep on our way back from an overnight long haul.
Old May 2, 2012, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

Platinum

Yes, very happy

Booked Luxury room high floor - Got Junior Suite as a complimentary upgrade

- How are the rooms?
Very comfortable, big enough, nice view, room included a sofa and an armchair

Good: of course the great MyBed, got 2 drink vouchers for the bar, excellent staff, concierge very helpful. Very nice lobby full of flowers (including many beautiful orchids). Good breakfast at caf des architectes.

Bad: it's really to say something : room was not ready at 2:00 pm but did not complain too much with the nice upgrade . Went in town and front desk staff called me on my cell phone 20 min later to tell me the room was ready ^

Certainly when the prices are not skyrocketing as too often in Chicago. Excellent hotel. I have stayed several times there and have never been disappointed.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Bad: it's really to say something : room was not ready at 2:00 pm
Aaaah, the unbeatable pleasure to have your executive suite in historical tower ready at 8am at IC Chicago when being Royal Ambassador
Old May 7, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Sofitel Mumbai

Platinum

Yes

Booked cheapest room. Got upgraded one level. Didn't get or ask for Club access.

- How are the rooms?
excellent. On the small side. Modernly furnished.

Good:
1. Staff was friendly and helpful.
2. Got nice cake and flowers as part of wife's birthday.
3. Fruit bowl + snacks + chocolate was waiting in the room.
Bad:
1. check in took longer than expected due to them having trouble pulling free nights from my Advantage account.

Yes if on transit. Would stay else where if visiting Mumbai since the hotel it's out in the middle of no where.

Extensive review and pictures available on my blog.
Old May 10, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, CE G, HYATT G, HH D, MR P, Accor P
Originally Posted by chentaiman
Platinum

NO

Booked Superior Seaview and got exactly that. No upgrade as they claim rooms are tight. However, they are selling all sorts of room online.

- How are the rooms?
This hotel is about 1.5yrs old but the rooms are already run down. Walls are moldy and ants all around.

Good:
cheap rate.

Bad:
No Le Club Platinum recognition whatsoever
Check-In welcome procedure sloppy. No welcome drink, no welcome gift. No RECOGNITION PERIOD.
Asked for late checkout, but again turned down.
Willing to pay for half day, but the check in staff actually told me to do it online. I am not sure if he was just brushing me off or what. How on earth will one be able to book half a day online?

Plenty of nice hotels here. Will not come back and will tell all my friends to avoid this ...... place.
I would say Sanya Yalongbay Pullman is much better. Paid 150 usd and offered a pool villa! Not to mention welcome drinks and stuffs. One rare feature: They don't charge anything for the recreational facilities, you can play the snooker/pool ball or rent beach toys for free. One more thing, they offer half-price cocktails at the beach bar during happy hour, which is like 3usd ea. Real deal.

The only down side is that you have to take a golf cart to the beach as this is not a beachfront resort. But the 5minutes worth it. You can't even get a seaview room from the sheraton next door for 150usd.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:00 am
IMH

MGallery - Hotel Baltimore Paris

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very. There were a few minor negative points that I'll mention below, but nothing that stopped this being my most pleasant hotel stay so far this year (better than two Sofitels, three Conrads and a dozen Hiltons in Europe and Asia).

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked a "junior suite" and that's what we got. I asked about an upgrade at check in but was told that it wasn't possible because the hotel only has one suite. (That suite was available to be booked throughout our three-night weekend stay, however, so IMO they missed a chance to make us deliriously happy.)

Platinum recognition?
Voucher for a glass of champagne each (or a cocktail). No other welcome gift, letter or mention of Platinum status at check in. On the first night only, two bottles of water in the minibar wore collars marking them as "complimentary".

How are the rooms?
Delightful and extremely comfortable. Spotless and well maintained. Exquisitely comfortable bed.

Our room would never pass as a "junior suite" in Asia or America, as it was basically just a larger-than-usual room with a sofa -- but that made it extremely large for Paris.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
It's quite hard to put my finger on exactly why we enjoyed our time here so much -- it really all comes down to the quality of the room and the furnishings and equipment. We were out every evening, so didn't even visit the bar (or claim our free drinks). We didn't need the concierge or visit the restaurant (which, for reference, is closed on Saturday and Sunday evenings). But whenever we did pass through the lobby or see a member of staff we were greeted warmly but politely and given the feeling that we were in a real hotel rather than just another branch of a corporate entity.

Bad:
No price list for the minibar. Housekeeping missed a few things (one evening one pillow had no pillowcase, another day a waste bin didn't get emptied) and we had to request fresh coffee pods every day. Very few TV channels (the only English language channel was CNN, the only German language channel was SAT1) and most channels had a poor signal.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes and yes (we booked during an earlier "private sale" and paid less than 200 EUR a night).
Old May 25, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Novotel Mangga Dua - Jakarta

Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Hard to decide...

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior room, asked to the Front Desk Supervisor during check-in and upgraded two level to Superior room on the Premier Floor (without Executive Lounge benefits). My tips: asked if there's any higher level room available now and told them if it's possible to upgrade their Gold/Platinum member.

How are the rooms?
For a superior room, it was very good and well-maintained

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Room, spacious swimming pools

Bad:
found out later that the executive club lounge benefits were not included on the upgrade

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Yes; can't decide to return or not since the GRO staffs on Premier Lounge lil bit rude.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.