Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review Sofitel Montreal

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Review Sofitel Montreal

Hello everyone,

New to the A-Club, I got the Gold membership through your tip. I will stay at the Montreal Sofitel next week for 5 days:

- Any chance of being upgraded?
- Any tip for this hotel?

Thank you!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
upgrades were very frequent for me at this hotel. I stayed many times there and had only great experiences. Great staff also. Enjoy your stay
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Thank you!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Savannah2000
Hello everyone,

New to the A-Club, I got the Gold membership through your tip. I will stay at the Montreal Sofitel next week for 5 days:

- Any chance of being upgraded?
- Any tip for this hotel?

Thank you!
Both myself (A-Club Gold) and my friend (A-Club Silver) got upgrades to corner rooms during a very busy Memorial Day weekend visit. I'm pretty certain it was an upgrade because when I called to change rooms (due to a heavy smoke smell in the "non"-smoking room), the desk clerk told me he only had smaller rooms available.

The staff was very nice and most spoke both French and English and the rooms were clean and comfortable (the beds are terrific to sleep in). Only slight negative I found was slow service at the Bar but it seemed like that was prevalent in most of the places in Montreal.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Yes I did get an upgrade despite the week being very busy in Montreal (various music festival + formule 1 grand prix)

Very nice hotel indeed, great location!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
Review Sofitel Montreal

deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:11 am Reason: ToS issue
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I stayed many times at this hotel and always had excellent experiences and a 100% rate upgrade ^ (although, as you mentioned, it was always from superior to luxury). Drink voucher is always given without asking.
The staff is absolutely great (as you said). Definitely my favourite hotel in YUL.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Sofitel Montreal ? opinion / upgrade?

Hi there

has someone stayed at Sofitel in Montreal recently ?

any opinion about it ?

also, has someone been upgraded ?

thanks
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I stayed many times there. Very good hotel, good central location, excellent staff, 100% upgrade rate for me. All platinum perks without need to ask.
So, do not hesitate
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:31 am
Suspended

thanks
Old Jun 26, 2013, 7:18 am
Suspended

what about Novotel ?

anyone stayed there recently ?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by macaron95
what about Novotel ?

anyone stayed there recently ?
I stayed once in one of the downtown Novotel but it was a few years ago. Very acceptable of course, but unless you have a huge price difference with the Sofitel, I would not hesitate a second and go to the latter.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I stayed once in one of the downtown Novotel but it was a few years ago. Very acceptable of course, but unless you have a huge price difference with the Sofitel, I would not hesitate a second and go to the latter.
thanks for the feedback

even if I don't really like the place where the Novotel is located (nearby Crescent) while Sofitel is on Sherbrooke next to Peel, I am also considering my budget because i'm thinking of staying quite a few days

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Jun 26, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Sofitel Montréal golden mile

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Montreal golden mile

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very happy. Excellent stay. I stayed many times at this hotel and has always been sell treated except my previous one where they declined any upgrade saying suites were fully booked while you could still book all suite types on the web site. But this was an accident and new staff treated me very well this time

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked luxury room, upgraded spontaneously to junior suite facing Mount Royal, on one of the highest floors.

- How are the rooms?
Large with huge windows ensuring plenty of light. Separate room with desk, sofa armchair, TV and Nespresso machine (what else ? ).
2nd room with bed and another TV. Very big bathroom with bathtub, shower. The bathroom is accessible from the room entrance and from the bed room.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good: very nice hotel, location is perfect. Very good caring staff ensuring that you are satisfied. You get also special welcome on arrival and greeting on departure by the guest relation director.
The Renoir restaurant is also very good.

Bad: nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Welcome drink includes champagne. A plate of meringue cakes with a welcome note from the GM was placed in the room. Late check-out (4 pm) was granted without problem.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
good value. Yes, I would return again.

Here are some pictures of the room :
The entrance :

The desk/sofa room :

The bed room :

The bathroom :

Last edited by Goldorak; Feb 28, 2015 at 3:05 am Reason: adding pictures and adding late check-out info
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Goldorak, this is a junior suite??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.