FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   MGallery VIE Hotel Bangkok (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1222289-mgallery-vie-hotel-bangkok.html)

yauee Jun 3, 2011 3:33 am

MGallery VIE Hotel Bangkok

Anyone had stayed at this property before?
Any perks for Gold/Platinum members?
Can we expect something similar to Sofitel Silom Bangkok/Pullman King Power Bangkok?

Thanks in advance.

RJ77 Jun 3, 2011 10:36 pm

It's a smaller, boutique style property. It's an MGallery property, so you're entitled for room upgrade. Very nice hotel. It doesn't have club lounge though if that matters to you.

yauee Jun 4, 2011 2:37 am

Originally Posted by RJ77 (Post 16500957)
It's a smaller, boutique style property. It's an MGallery property, so you're entitled for room upgrade. Very nice hotel. It doesn't have club lounge though if that matters to you.

Thanks RJ77 for your information sharing. Finger crossing. Current booked a suiteroom with them hopefully can be upgrade to Duplex. This will be my second stay in Mgallery property. The first wasn't that fantastic.

I miss the executive lounge at Pullman King Power and also the club at Sofitel Silom

RJ77 Jun 4, 2011 4:25 am

It's low season now in Bangkok,so your chances of an upgrade in high. I had the deluxe suite as well the last time. The building material and workmanship might not be too great, the wooden floor is so prone to scratches. And the cabinet's edge was chipped in my room. The sliding door to the bathroom can get stuck. All these problems when the hotel was barely open for 3 months. I hope they rectify these problems after a couple of years. Other than that it's a nice cosy hotel.

Kalboz Jun 4, 2011 2:13 pm

Haven't stayed here but know that it is right at the BTS station and it has won some restaurant awards.

happygolucky_nomad Jun 6, 2011 2:39 am

Originally Posted by RJ77 (Post 16500957)

TRUE. My only downside is that it does not have a Club lounge. Having stayed in Vie, Pullman King Power and Sofitel Silom, Vie has always been my favourite.

Originally Posted by yauee (Post 16501376)
Thanks RJ77 for your information sharing. Finger crossing. Current booked a suiteroom with them hopefully can be upgrade to Duplex. This will be my second stay in Mgallery property. The first wasn't that fantastic.

My experience was just the contrary. My first stay was fantastic when it was newly opened. Booked the Deluxe Suite and got upgraded to Duplex.

My second stay was not that great. Stayed there for my birthday and requested for a cake etc but was forgotten. Had some issues too and then I feedback to them after my stay.

They took my feedback seriously and called me twice personally to apologise, then they provided me with 2 free nights for my next stay. Very good customer service and attitude. Always been given some vouchers (I think welcome drink and some discount coupons etc) but I have never used them.

Having stayed at both the Duplex and the Deluxe Suite, I still prefer the Suite (maybe because of the layout). Anyway, I don't think you will need the second room (2nd floor) unless you have more than 2 persons or another couple or kids.

Of the 3 hotels (Vie, Sofitel Silom and Pullman King Power), Vie is my favourite (Deluxe Suite). I don't really like the Duplex (personal opinion). No idea how the Penthouse looks like. Anyone had any experience with the Penthouse room in Vie? :)

Just stayed in Pullman King Power Executive Club Floor room but the service has gone down. Also tried the room on the Club floor and the normal rooms on several occasions in the past but very normal.

Also stayed in Sofitel Silom once and was upgraded (told me Club room but without any club lounge access). Don't like the room and the location of the hotel at all. Have not tried the Club lounge though.

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 16503535)

My partner and I tried the food at the restaurant for dinner (the one where they served breakfast) on 2 occasions but IMHO, I don't think it was great.

bartla Sep 6, 2011 1:57 pm

Deluxe suite at VIE hotel Bangkok

Stayed at a Deluxe Suite in August. Review and video on my blog:
http://travel.bart.la/2011/09/05/vie...-deluxe-suite/

Thanks.

calvinoeh Sep 7, 2011 2:42 am

I stayed here a couple of months ago and this is my favorite hotel and Accor hotel in Bangkok so far (didn't like the Pullman):

The lack of a club or executive floor didn't bother us.

Review and pictures available via my blog.

feilou Sep 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Upgraded to deluxe suite and offered complimentary internet last week as a gold member.

RoninTech Sep 26, 2011 1:45 pm

We are planning on staying here Feb 20-21, 2012 for a quick shopping trip on our way home. Any tips on how to get a great price on a room at this hotel? I'm currently Platinum but won't be when we stay there (ends in December).

Disappointed that you don't get free WiFi and breakfast included in the "deals" I've seen but will overlook due to central location and good reviews.

starflyergold Sep 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech (Post 17176422)
    We are planning on staying here Feb 20-21, 2012 for a quick shopping trip on our way home. Any tips on how to get a great price on a room at this hotel? I'm currently Platinum but won't be when we stay there (ends in December).

Disappointed that you don't get free WiFi and breakfast included in the "deals" I've seen but will overlook due to central location and good reviews.

If I am not totally wrong they might be offering free WiFi, Accor is transitioning towards free internet at a number of properties

RJ77 Sep 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech (Post 17176422)

What is a great price to you? I looked up the accor website, they're offering a Business Package on your stated dates which includes BF for 2, Wifi & 4pm check-out for US$119.92 before taxes for Deluxe room. Compared that to the prepaid hot deal price of US$108.22 for similar room, not too bad a deal I would say.

RoninTech Sep 27, 2011 7:39 am

Originally Posted by RJ77 (Post 17179345)
    What is a great price to you? I looked up the accor website, they're offering a Business Package on your stated dates which includes BF for 2, Wifi & 4pm check-out for US$119.92 before taxes for Deluxe room. Compared that to the prepaid hot deal price of US$108.22 for similar room, not too bad a deal I would say.

I'd say < $100 (CDN/US) would be good. Thanks for mentioning the accor site. I'd looked there but when I saw the > $250 prices didn't realize this was for the 2 nights. :) I'll probably go for the business deal you mentioned for $117 CAD per night with free WiFi and breakfast. Here's hoping the breakfast is as good as the Novotel Centara Hat Yai which is amazing with Thai, western, Chinese and Malaysian offerings and keeps us coming back there.

RJ77 Sep 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech (Post 17180489)
    I'd say < $100 (CDN/US) would be good. Thanks for mentioning the accor site. I'd looked there but when I saw the > $250 prices didn't realize this was for the 2 nights. :) I'll probably go for the business deal you mentioned for $117 CAD per night with free WiFi and breakfast. Here's hoping the breakfast is as good as the Novotel Centara Hat Yai which is amazing with Thai, western, Chinese and Malaysian offerings and keeps us coming back there.

Don't push it :), this isn't a cookie-cutter Novotel. As Vie is a relatively small hotel, do set your expectations on the breakfast spread accordingly.

RoninTech Sep 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by RJ77 (Post 17184630)
    Don't push it :), this isn't a cookie-cutter Novotel. As Vie is a relatively small hotel, do set your expectations on the breakfast spread accordingly.

Pulling... :) Took advantage of the Vie business promo. Thanks again. I'll email them when it gets a bit closer to see if I can qualify for an upgrade. :cool: