Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Jakarta

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Fairmont Jakarta

The property is expected to open in 2014. Great! But please add more properties in North America too.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I'd vote for more in S. America but that's another thread. Here's a little more on the new Jakarta hotel:

TORONTO, May 9, 2011 - Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Fairmont) today announced a new 380-room luxury hotel in the capital city of Jakarta, Indonesia, scheduled to open in 2014.

The property will be situated in Senayan Square at the South end of Jakarta's Central Business District. The site features Plaza Senayan, one of the most prestigious shopping centers in Jakarta with over 1 million visitors per month as well as prime residential and commercial facilities. The developer is Senayan Trikarya Sempana, a subsidiary of Kajima Overseas Asia.

Fairmont Jakarta will feature 380 spacious guestrooms and 108 Fairmont branded, long stay serviced suites. Additional features and amenities to the urban hotel include a number of lounges and several restaurants featuring a variety of culinary offerings. For corporate events and local galas, the hotel features 3,500 square meters of function space, including a 1,200 square meter ballroom. Over its 100-year history, Fairmont has been host to many legendary and historic meetings and the brand's colleagues are experts at customizing all aspects of meetings and events for planners.

Guests can relax in the 750 square meter Willow Stream Spa, the award-winning signature spa brand that draws on the destination's nature, essence and energy to offer Fairmont's unique brand of luxury and outstanding service. Fitness and pool facilities are available on site and located nearby is the 18-hole Senayan Golf Course.

"The addition of Jakarta will further strengthen our growing presence in Asia Pacific," said Chris Cahill, President, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. "Our developments in China, including the reopening of the landmark Peace Hotel in Shanghai, together with our existing hotels in destinations including Singapore allow us to extend our luxury brand to both guests and home owners."

Indonesia's capital is a dynamic melting pot, giving a rich, cultural flavor to the modern metropolis of Jakarta. The economic hub of the country, the city's economy is comprised of financial services, trading, and a well diversified manufacturing sector. Jakarta hosts a number of major domestic and multinational company offices and is also home to ASEAN Secretariat, making it a prominent city in the South East Asia region.

Visitors to the city will enjoy a range of activities from museums to nightlife and a plethora of dining options. Shopping is a popular pastime for both travelers and residents, and the city features impressive malls including Plaza Senayan, antique stores and local markets.

Fairmont Jakarta is the most recent project to be announced by the brand in the region and joins Fairmont Beijing, China; Fairmont Makati, Philippines (2012); Fairmont Nanjing, China (2012); Fairmont Peace Hotel, Shanghai, China; Fairmont Singapore and Fairmont Yangcheng Lake, China.
Old May 17, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I stayed at the Fairmont Jakarta for two nights in early May 2015. The property has only been open for about three months. I was very satisfied with all aspects of my stay. It is very clear that the staff has been well trained, and any interactions during my stay were always very pleasant, not at all stiff or rehearsed.

The breakfast is particularly good with stations for fresh juice concoctions, eggs, and various Asian favourites. One of the bars is not yet opened so it is currently in a temporary location near the Club Lounge. One of the bar snacks:
bacon topped poutine! (Maybe the chef is from Quebec?) I opted instead for something local, excellent satay.

I have two constructive comments:
  • the alarm clock in my room went off unexpectedly on my first night. Thankfully it was at 6:30 pm and no harm was done. Housekeeping should turn off alarms between guests, shouldn't they?
  • the temperature inside the lifts is frigid, my guess something like 15 deg C. It is uncomfortable.
Security at the hotel is also impressive. All visitors and luggage pass through a screening point before entering the building. The hotel car service is also very good. There are plenty of cars waiting at all times.
--
13F

Last edited by Seat13F_AC_CRJ; May 17, 2015 at 2:27 pm Reason: fixed the date
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Just returned from Fairmont Jakarta. It is a stunning hotel...one of the nicest Fairmonts I've visited. I used an expiring Suite upgrade cert and received a courtesy upgrade to a Gold suite. The food in the Gold lounge is excellent. Nice views of Jakarta skyline too...

The restaurants in this hotel are also beautiful. I can't comment on food quality but the restaurants themselves are quite grand. There is a deli too for a more casual option.

I was totally jetlagged flying in from North America via Europe but when i woke up at 10 pm, I had a quick drink in the lounge before it closed at 11 pm. I then went to the rooftop bar where I had a nice drink and delicious pork bao appetizer all while enjoying the warm weather at midnight.

Rooms have modern clean design and my view was of the stadium and city skyline. There is also some very nice art in the hotel lobby.

It was a quick 24 hours in Jakarta but the hotel was one of my highlights.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Hey guys, have an upcoming 3-night stay at the Jakarta property in October 2017. Does anyone know what the suite cert upgrade to? I know one reported the Gold suite.

Thank you.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JCFans
Hey guys, have an upcoming 3-night stay at the Jakarta property in October 2017. Does anyone know what the suite cert upgrade to? I know one reported the Gold suite.

Thank you.
If you're referring to the post above yours, the OP mentioned that this was a "courtesy upgrade".

I'm not aware of any confirmed upgrades to the Gold floor at this property, so you should receive a (very spacious) one-bedroom suite using a suite upgrade cert.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
If you're referring to the post above yours, the OP mentioned that this was a "courtesy upgrade".

I'm not aware of any confirmed upgrades to the Gold floor at this property, so you should receive a (very spacious) one-bedroom suite using a suite upgrade cert.
Confirmed upgrade is to 1 BR suite. I asked and received the courtesy upgrade to the Gold floor. It worked well in their favour as I booked the Gold floor this year on my return stay. Excellent service and food in the Gold lounge. Kudos to the Gold team at this hotel !
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Sorry guys for the super delayed reply. Life happened at a whirlwind's pace! Thank you for the replies. And I assume by the 1BR suite you guys mean the 1BR Suite King NS (1216sqft) and not the Sky Suite 1BR NS (914sqft)?

Thank you.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Stayed in Fairmont Jakarta last weekend
Very professional team Gold,
Book for Gold room and got Courtessy upgrade to Gold Suite

Nice, will return in January 2021
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stay at Fairmont few times before and I agree it was a good hotel.
HannsenBos3 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Stay at Fairmont few times before and I agree it was a good hotel.
Interesting, As an Accor Platinum, I can't justify the cost of staying at the Fairmont when the Pullman hotels and the new Swissotel offer me complimentary lounge access.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I guess their advantage is more to the location.

Swissotel did have advantage if the guest wish to continue onward to airport.

As for Pullmans, Pullman CP don't have similar quality while Pullman Thamrin is not really connected to the mall
clubeurope likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:39 am

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Interesting, As an Accor Platinum, I can't justify the cost of staying at the Fairmont when the Pullman hotels and the new Swissotel offer me complimentary lounge access.
Each brand had different strength in each city around the world,
The rivalry landscape and Uniqueness is differ

As for Pullmans, Pullman CP don't have similar quality while Pullman Thamrin is not really connected to the mall
Also in Jakarta Pullman had officially admit they offer Quarantine package informal for traveler,
Old May 8, 2021, 7:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

I'd agree with kaizen. Pullman Jakarta Indonesia (Thamrin) has very small rooms though, however, it's location is really good as it's now fairly easy to walk and cross the road to the Plaza Indonesia shopping mall. It's an old hotel, previously operating as a Hotel Nikko. Pullman 'Central Park' is attached to a mall, but it is less 'upscale' compared to the other Pullman, albeit being much newer. Swissotel is pretty far away from the centre of Jakarta (although I'm surprised to find a Swissotel in Jakarta).

The Fairmont is located next to an upscale mall called Plaza Senayan, although not physically connected (they however belong in the same compound). It's very new, and has a bunch of great restaurants (1945 which is a modern fine interpretation of Indonesian cuisine is my favourite I'd say) - although the public spaces themselves are rather drab.
HannsenBos3 likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I'd agree with kaizen. Pullman Jakarta Indonesia (Thamrin) has very small rooms though, however, it's location is really good as it's now fairly easy to walk and cross the road to the Plaza Indonesia shopping mall. It's an old hotel, previously operating as a Hotel Nikko. Pullman 'Central Park' is attached to a mall, but it is less 'upscale' compared to the other Pullman, albeit being much newer. Swissotel is pretty far away from the centre of Jakarta (although I'm surprised to find a Swissotel in Jakarta).

The Fairmont is located next to an upscale mall called Plaza Senayan, although not physically connected (they however belong in the same compound). It's very new, and has a bunch of great restaurants (1945 which is a modern fine interpretation of Indonesian cuisine is my favourite I'd say) - although the public spaces themselves are rather drab.
Actually, Fairmont Jakarta is indeed physically connected to Plaza Senayan. They built an underground passage from the Fairmont Building to Plaza Senayan, coming out to the Supermarket on the basement level of Plaza Senayan. It's also a lovely underground passage, albeit a bit of a distance. But still lovely, with narrow elevators complimenting stairs etc. Note that many tenants in Plaza Senayan are closed indefinitely.

Any co ment on the quality of the Fairmont Gold Lounge compared to the Raffles Jakarta Lounge ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.