Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Jakarta

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 6:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by batosai
Actually, Fairmont Jakarta is indeed physically connected to Plaza Senayan. They built an underground passage from the Fairmont Building to Plaza Senayan, coming out to the Supermarket on the basement level of Plaza Senayan. It's also a lovely underground passage, albeit a bit of a distance. But still lovely, with narrow elevators complimenting stairs etc. Note that many tenants in Plaza Senayan are closed indefinitely.

Any co ment on the quality of the Fairmont Gold Lounge compared to the Raffles Jakarta Lounge ?
Oh wow, you're completely right re the connection, my bad. My memory is a lot dustier that I would have expect

I cannot comment on either as I've not been to the Fairmont Gold Lounge, and the first and last time I stayed at the Raffles was a few months after they opened several years ago. The lounge was not there yet back then, and instead they directed people to the Writer's Bar for any drinks or tea. Although I'd say that I'm not a big fan of Raffles Jakarta's style. It's a very showy hotel with too much marble everywhere, a bit too SEA-style gaudy to me. I'm a big fan of the Hendra Gunawan art though (having said that, since this is an Accor forum - the Fairmont in Bali/ex-Regent has a wonderful and wonderful Basuki Abdullah painting).

I'll stick to the old MO by the 'welcome monument' whenever I need to stay at a hotel in Jakarta.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by batosai
Actually, Fairmont Jakarta is indeed physically connected to Plaza Senayan. They built an underground passage from the Fairmont Building to Plaza Senayan, coming out to the Supermarket on the basement level of Plaza Senayan. It's also a lovely underground passage, albeit a bit of a distance. But still lovely, with narrow elevators complimenting stairs etc. Note that many tenants in Plaza Senayan are closed indefinitely.

Any co ment on the quality of the Fairmont Gold Lounge compared to the Raffles Jakarta Lounge ?
Had been in Fairmont Gold
But not yet in Raffles Jakarta
so cannot give Comparison

wish me luck' tomorrow get Platinum
will check out Raffles next month
Old May 10, 2021, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by HannsenBos3
Had been in Fairmont Gold
But not yet in Raffles Jakarta
so cannot give Comparison

wish me luck' tomorrow get Platinum
will check out Raffles next month
Godspeed !
HannsenBos3 likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I went to Fairmont Gold lounge pre Covid, so the experience might be different now.
It was closed on my last stay at Fairmont.

The space, Raffles Club is bigger.
Previously, at Fairmont Gold, they did have buffet and ala carte for breakfast, and buffet only at afternoon tea and cocktail times.
The offering is quite plenty and quite hearty and easily can replace lunch and dinner.

On my last stay at Raffles, unfortunately I only manage to try the club offering at breakfast.
They did have limited buffet with some ala carte options

Personally I find Fairmont's one is more lounge like while the one at Raffles is a bit too grand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.