Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Le Club property in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 4:20 am

Actually, Pullman Bangkok is one of the best hotels which i have ever stayed. I have been all over Asia and usually stay in 5*-hotels. I have been also in Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok and the Pullman wins hands down. I stayed at executive floor at Pullman and it had great executive lounge with free cocktails and canapes. You also receive pullman airport-lounge invitation and 10%-off voucher to pullman king power duty free if you stay at executive floor. I recommend!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:48 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by joorinainen
Actually, Pullman Bangkok is one of the best hotels which i have ever stayed. I have been all over Asia and usually stay in 5*-hotels. I have been also in Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok and the Pullman wins hands down. I stayed at executive floor at Pullman and it had great executive lounge with free cocktails and canapes. You also receive pullman airport-lounge invitation and 10%-off voucher to pullman king power duty free if you stay at executive floor. I recommend!
So true!
Pullman King Power was such a great surprise, and at the time, we only paid some 75 $US for our executive room.
Highly recommended.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Not to forget also those very friendly staff at the executive floor. As long as you are not the PITA.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by TheShis
So true!
Pullman King Power was such a great surprise, and at the time, we only paid some 75 $US for our executive room.
Highly recommended.
Try the suite room there at pullman king power. As it was a newer property the suite room are much bigger than Sofitel Silom the huge oversize bath tub. Except the amenities at Sofitel suite room are amazing.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:46 pm

Did anyone stayed at Novotel Bangkok Silom ? any review?
Is it close to Sofitel bkk Silom?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mynameismud
Did anyone stayed at Novotel Bangkok Silom ? any review?
Is it close to Sofitel bkk Silom?
Was there before, but it was before the grand opening. TOO MUCH things to be improve. It was about 10 walk from this property to Sofitel Silom. Most of the taxi driver are still not aware of this property. Try NOT TO expect anything if you are A Club Gold/Platinum.
Old May 6, 2011, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by RJ77
If they have a club room available, your chances are good. The difference is not so much on the rooms (they're no different) but the club lounge access. Come to think of it, last I stayed a year ago , the TV set was still the old CRT type, if that matters to you.
I'm currently at the Sofitel Silom and have to say that I'm impressed. Upon check-in I was whisked to the 27th floor for club check-in. There was no room upgrade available but full access to the club granted which is very nice indeed. The room on the 29th floor is good sized, TV is a Philips flat screen and wired internet is complimentary. The breakfast at the club lounge is great and so are the cocktails in the evening. Staff can't be better, especially the concierge was extremely helpful. The gym and the pool are quite small, though, but that's about the only little thing which is not luxurious about the Sofitel. I highly recommend this property.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Glad you, like many of us, like the Sofitel Silom. Hope the weather's not too oppressive in BKK right now. Will be in BKK in a couple of weeks, can't wait. Were there any Welcome gift?
Old May 7, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by RJ77
Glad you, like many of us, like the Sofitel Silom. Hope the weather's not too oppressive in BKK right now. Will be in BKK in a couple of weeks, can't wait. Were there any Welcome gift?
The weather is hot and humid… I guess juice, fruits and macaroons don't count as a welcome gift, so I'm afraid, there wasn't any.
Old May 7, 2011, 9:27 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by KL803
I guess juice, fruits and macaroons don't count as a welcome gift, so I'm afraid, there wasn't any.
That is the welcome gift at the hotel
Old May 8, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by KL803
I guess juice, fruits and macaroons don't count as a welcome gift, so I'm afraid, there wasn't any.
Too bad. I stayed there last year as a Platinum and was treated to a platter of 18 large bite-size sweets (see photo). Quite a nice & tasty welcome gift.

The lounge is indeed excellent -- the highlight of the hotel.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So as a Gold what can one expect in terms of upgrades, Pullman has a better lounge from what I am reading and will most likely book here. We are planning a one night stay Jul 7.
Old May 11, 2011, 9:46 am

you can expect one level upgrade just becareful with you booking. At sofitel lowest grade you can upgrade to club. If Pullman got to becareful, superior will go to deluxe, deluxe go executive and executive go executive suite. only the top 2 will gain you the access to executive club

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So as a Gold what can one expect in terms of upgrades, Pullman has a better lounge from what I am reading and will most likely book here. We are planning a one night stay Jul 7.
Old May 11, 2011, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by yauee
you can expect one level upgrade just becareful with you booking. At sofitel lowest grade you can upgrade to club. If Pullman got to becareful, superior will go to deluxe, deluxe go executive and executive go executive suite. only the top 2 will gain you the access to executive club
So if we book Deluxe at Pullman, then Executive(already includes club when you book executive) will give us club acess as well
Old May 11, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Pullman review

I recommend Pullman King Power too. I just wrote a detailed review on my blog at www.hotelmadden.com

I also did a review of the All Seasons Sathorn (my first experience with All Seasons!).

Book, Deluxe at Pullman and you should get upgraded to Exec. room with full club benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.