Wiki Posts
Search

Gold multiple room upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Gold multiple room upgrade?

I have a booking at the Sofitel Silom in Bangkok for 3 rooms for my family which was booked on the Sofitel website. I have a gold card. I know I should earn points on all rooms but has anyone have any experience on what they will do for the room upgrade. I assume they will only upgrade one room. Does anyone have any experience of this?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:04 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by flyoff
I have a booking at the Sofitel Silom in Bangkok for 3 rooms for my family which was booked on the Sofitel website. I have a gold card. I know I should earn points on all rooms but has anyone have any experience on what they will do for the room upgrade. I assume they will only upgrade one room. Does anyone have any experience of this?
They will only upgrade the member's room, though no harm in asking if they can do more for you.

Points will only be credited for 2 rooms offcially though I have had points credited for more than that.

T&Cs:

Eligible expenses include:
- Accommodation expenses for the Member and one other room (a maximum total of 2 paid rooms), on the condition that said rooms are checked-in under the Member’s name, that the Member stays in one of said rooms, that the second room is occupied by at least one member of his or her family, and that the Member personally pays the charges related to all these rooms upon check-out.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Thank you starflyergold. I scanned the T&C but did not spot that.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Why not sign up the whole family for the free gold offer?

I got this code from Amex

AMEXSING10

Book all using your name, and tell front desk that the rest of the family are also gold members

Enjoy!!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsed
Why not sign up the whole family for the free gold offer?

I got this code from Amex

AMEXSING10

Book all using your name, and tell front desk that the rest of the family are also gold members

Enjoy!!
Thank you for the code - a good idea. but the A-Club website it is not valid.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by flyoff
Thank you for the code - a good idea. but the A-Club website it is not valid.

So sorry about that, I posted it a few weeks back and it was still valid. Seems to be dead now unfortunately

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.