Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's been a long time since I stayed at an Ibis, but necessity forced me into the Ibis Nancy Centre Gare. I reserved with my A-Club Plat number not expecting anything, but I was upgraded to a larger than normal room.

And it seems that Ibis, in France at least, gives you free Orange WiFi during your stay. ^
aha.. upgrade for an ibis.. great to know ..good for u ^
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
FWIW, i was speaking to a general manager of an adagio property and this is what she said :
As Adagio is not completely owned by Accor, they r asked by their management not to promote the A-club card and membership.. this is because adagio needs to pay some amount for each member it gets and also when some member gets points..they dont promote the a-club program proactively at all
actually every property has to pay for the points it awards and receives credit for signing-up a new member. additional bonuses are paid if a certain target is reached. true for all programs that i personally know (Hyatt Goldpassport, PriorityClub and Marriott Rewards besides A-Club) and NOT dependant on ownership or management of the property.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by nvoi
actually every property has to pay for the points it awards and receives credit for signing-up a new member. additional bonuses are paid if a certain target is reached. true for all programs that i personally know (Hyatt Goldpassport, PriorityClub and Marriott Rewards besides A-Club) and NOT dependant on ownership or management of the property.
hmmm.. since this was the reasoning given by the FO manager ..

Last edited by abhilife2001; Feb 17, 2011 at 6:42 am
Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My wife and I last night stayed in the Novotel Buenos Aires....

As a Platinum we received a welcome drink voucher and as expected nothing else. Hotel was pretty quiet. First time we've stayed at this property and I can highly recommend it. Excellent staff, tasty and very reasonably priced menu. Breakfast is complimentary for everyone
Standard rooms aren't huge it has to be said but they are comfortable and nicely fitted out. Points had posted into the account by the time we got home three hours after checking out. ^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:10 am

Spent one night at Royal Beach Seminyak in Bali (ex-Sofitel) in Bali. Long waiting for check-in (about 15 minutes), upgraded to Deluxe (booked a Superior), cheap wooden fan on the bed was supposed to be a gift)) ..no drink voucher, no good-night cards... overpriced, outdated room with dented bed...I was treated much better as Gold member at Sofitel in Siem Reap, which is an excellent hotel with efficient staff, received a bottle of French red wine as welcome gift and also some cookies and cakes...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom

A-Club Platinum - No real recognition at check in of status, just a "you've been upgraded" comment. Booked a classic room, received a superior on the 15th floor, facing the ferris wheel (back of hotel). In the room were two bottles of Perrier, some dried fruit and some coconut sweets. There was a free drink for 2 voucher on the table waiting for me too.

The minibar contents were free anyway, consisting of two still and two sparkling bottles of water and 4 assorted fruit juices. Nespresso machine with 6 capsules also there.

Lovely hotel though, very nice bar and restaurant on the 18th floor with panoramic views of Vienna. Not enough seating area around the bar though as it was very busy both nights.

On check out I found that they assumed I would have breakfast (for two) and had added it already, so took a while to get it removed.

No macaroons left during the turn down service though.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chistery
A-Club Platinum - No real recognition at check in of status, just a "you've been upgraded" comment. Booked a classic room, received a superior on the 15th floor, facing the ferris wheel (back of hotel). In the room were two bottles of Perrier, some dried fruit and some coconut sweets. There was a free drink for 2 voucher on the table waiting for me too.
It sounds like you're disappointed somehow, but I'm not sure why. You got every benefit you were supposed to get without asking -- an upgrade, welcome drink coupon, and a decent amenity. I'd have been very happy with that. I am top tier in several programs and if I get everything I'm entitled to in any of them without having to fight for it that's actually quite a good performance.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by chistery

No macaroons left during the turn down service though.
Still, it sounds like a great new addition to the chain. And they delivered on the perks. ^
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Still, it sounds like a great new addition to the chain. And they delivered on the perks. ^
Oh, don't get me wrong, the hotel is lovely. I would recommend it to anyone, just feel the staff could be a bit better, at check in and during breakfast. The bar staff were great though.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
so far, not much benefit to Plat as far as I can see...

I have Platinum status but so far have not seen much benefit at all. I have stayed a few times at the Pullman in Stuttgart, Germany over the past couple of months and they don't seem to fully recognize Plats.

They do provide the drink voucher on a regular basis. Sometimes it's good for any drink, sometimes they limit it to beer / wine / soda.

Room upgrade to the next category is hit or miss. And they have their room categories set up so that a 'quiet room' is a higher category than their regular room - so an upgrade to the next category if you book the basic room doesn't mean you get any additional amenities - just a little less noise and a room a couple of doors farther away from the elevator.

Finally, they have never given us any kind of gift there. Twice I've asked the front desk clerk about it. The first time, he just looked at me blankly as if he'd never heard of this at all. On the next visit, I asked a different clerk, and he told me that they only gave a gift to Platinum card holders during their birthday promotion.

I suppose I could have elevated the issue to the manager level, but after a long trip I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle.

Hilton HHonors is a much better program for my money. So is SPG, for that matter...
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
I have Platinum status but so far have not seen much benefit at all. I have stayed a few times at the Pullman in Stuttgart, Germany over the past couple of months and they don't seem to fully recognize Plats.

They do provide the drink voucher on a regular basis. Sometimes it's good for any drink, sometimes they limit it to beer / wine / soda.

Room upgrade to the next category is hit or miss. And they have their room categories set up so that a 'quiet room' is a higher category than their regular room - so an upgrade to the next category if you book the basic room doesn't mean you get any additional amenities - just a little less noise and a room a couple of doors farther away from the elevator.

Finally, they have never given us any kind of gift there. Twice I've asked the front desk clerk about it. The first time, he just looked at me blankly as if he'd never heard of this at all. On the next visit, I asked a different clerk, and he told me that they only gave a gift to Platinum card holders during their birthday promotion.

I suppose I could have elevated the issue to the manager level, but after a long trip I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle.

Hilton HHonors is a much better program for my money. So is SPG, for that matter...
check out the guaranteed benefits for golds and plats in Marriot rewards.. they rock.. free internet, breakfast, very good upgrade chances etc etc ..

I have been a A-club Plat for more than 1 year now and absolutely no appreciation of this either by the hotel or the program .. They do only as per what is written in the benefits of the program and this is compared to PC, MR and other programs as u stated..
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:59 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel New York this week:

- minor upgrade
- drinks voucher
- no welcome gift (but enhanced turn down service)

Filled in the online survey I got after the stay and the manager responded to my concerns
Old Mar 14, 2011, 4:23 pm

Novotel Bandung - Indonesia (gold club)

no benefit at all!!

# come at 12 to check in, they told me the room is not ready and will be ready at 15:00. we come back at 15:15 and it is still not ready and have wait until 16:00 for the room standing!! There was an a-club desk and some chair, but the lady offered those to prospective member, offering them a juice and completely ignore or neglected the gold holder. I come to her but she shut me off.

# no room upgrade, no welcome gift, no breakfast voucher, no drink voucher or whatever it is. nothing!! even no toilette paper in the room.

# later on, the receptionist asked me to forward them by email my a-club membership confirmation email and my room reservation. dunno why ??

# no late check out
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by shillard
Meanwhile, pretty much every other hotel chain can manage to consistently deliver upgrades to their elites automatically.

For a customer to have to go to such lengths just to get an entitlement honoured is, quite simply, pathetic.
Not my recent experience as Marriott Gold. Had to take a fight to get an upgrade at CY.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Not my recent experience as Marriott Gold. Had to take a fight to get an upgrade at CY.
my last two stays in marriot have both been comped up to a business suite and that too on a cheap corp rate ^.. MR gives free bfast and internet for golds and plats ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.