Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 5:37 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Koby
Did you ask for an upgrade? I have had upgrades at Brussel Europe, but only after asking for it.
what do you think
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by yjames83
Hi All,

2. Pullman Legian Bali: Booked a deluxe room using Accoradvantage Plus room voucher.

Thanks!
- No welcome gift; (I was informed that there would be a welcome gift; I asked it couple weeks before my stay)
- No welcome drinks offered, but given when I asked for it
- No room upgrades since I didn't ask for it; I booked ocean view and I thought it's the highest category so I didn't ask for it. But when I checked out, I was informed that their Grand Deluxe and suite has already available.
- Extremely disorganized, booked two rooms 4 months before and was notified that would be connecting rooms, but were placed on different floors when check-in.
- Staffs are courteous but you could find them elsewhere.
- The good thing about this hotel probably the location, their awesome breakfast, and the hotel is new
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
what do you think
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold; AccorAdvantage Gold; Skymiles
Originally Posted by virtualaris
- No welcome gift; (I was informed that there would be a welcome gift; I asked it couple weeks before my stay)
- No room upgrades since I didn't ask for it; I booked ocean view and I thought it's the highest category so I didn't ask for it. But when I checked out, I was informed that their Grand Deluxe and suite has already available.
- Extremely disorganized, booked two rooms 4 months before and was notified that would be connecting rooms, but were placed on different floors when check-in.
- The good thing about this hotel probably the location, their awesome breakfast, and the hotel is new
Thanks Virtualaris,

I'll try to see if i can get something when checking in. Hopefully it's better now. Will update after my trip for all
Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Mercure Southampton Centre (Dolphin Hotel)

- What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Standard Room on sale for Ł 69.- room only prepaid rate (40% off) and received a very nice large room, which was twice as large as some Standard Rooms shown for that floor. ^ (room was # 133, definitely worth asking for)

- How are the rooms?
A recently renovated and clean room in very good condition, nice size bathroom, only issue is you can hear people that are smoking outside the hotel entrance due to sash windows.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: Nice room, friendly and efficient staff and check-in, welcome drink voucher, decent breakfast options (Ł13.95 for full English is a bit expensive), cosy bar area. Excellent downtown location for restaurants and walking around. ^
Bad: Nothing really, if I had to pick something I would say that the car park is hard to find (located behind the hotel, one way streets and several other NCP car parks add to confusion, the car park is constantly full and still costs Ł3.- per night). Location may be a disadvantage if you are trying to travel by car during rush hours....

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Very good! Have booked another stay for next week so will see if impression remains good and I get the same room or something equally nice or not. yes, I would definitely return based on this first experience at this hotel!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:59 am

Elite Recognition

I am not staying a lot in Accor Hotels, but have been status matched half a year ago to Platinum. Since then, I have been to three Accor Hotels: two Mercures and one Novotel. All of my stays have been perfectly fine, except for the elite recognition. I am aware that at Mercure and Novotel, there are no published benefits of elite status.

The procedure that I have experienced three times is the following:

I give them my name, they find the reservation and give me details about what is included. No mention of my Platinum status. Then I show my Platinum card. The check-in agent looks at the computer, clicks two or three times, and then says "your number is already in the system" and hands back the card.

This means that the check-in agent cannot see my status when they pull up the reservation without clicking through some pages.

I find this strikingly different from other hotel chains where even in low-tier hotels without published elite benefits, there is some recognition of elite status at check-in.

PS. Their feedback form explicitly asks whether I was "asked for my A-Club card or asked to join A-Club", so apparently someone cares about elite recognition. I mentioned this in a recent feedback form, and received an automated "we are sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations" reply
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; AccorAdvantage Gold; Skymiles
Upgrade success in Bali!

Originally Posted by virtualaris
Here's an update folks:
1. Novotel Benoa: booked the cheapest rate for a superior room, which is located opposite road from the main hotel and beach, was informed of a 2 cat upgrade to cabana room ( or 1 cat up strictly as in-between cat was a family room which don't really fit a couple profile). Was pleasantly surprised with a "welcome A-Club member" cake placed in the room in advanced. FYI, I made a remark that I was gold and politely asked for upgrade if possible. ( technically speaking, novotels typically doesn't upgrade golds based on T&Cs)
Welcome drink and fruit basket given, along with a 1-hr wireless Internet.
Overheard while checking-in that a plat in front of give was not granted upgrade as she has not requested beforehand, but she was politely informed to try asking again the next day.

Pullman Legian: Booked a Deluxe room using room certificate thru accor advantage program. Again made the remark for upgrade request. Upon checkin, was served welcome drink and cold towels. Noticed that other checkin guest were not given this treatment.
Room was upgraded to grand deluxe (2cat up), was a nice surprise. Welcome gift was a fruit basket which they have not given to us during turndown service. Only after requesting did they offer to deliver. Internet was free for all guest in this property.

Overall quite blessed to be given upgrades on these 2 properties. But a note on staying at Pullman: though the hotel was new, their interior furnishings were pretty badly done. Our room in tower 1 was still very much works in progress. My room's tiling was so noisy that when either my wife or me wakes up at night to go washroom, we would be woken up by the noise of the parquet. Lousy for a new hotel.

2. Pullman Legian: booked a Deluxe
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by yjames83
Here's an update folks:
1. Novotel Benoa: booked the cheapest rate for a superior room, which is located opposite road from the main hotel and beach, was informed of a 2 cat upgrade to cabana room ( or 1 cat up strictly as in-between cat was a family room which don't really fit a couple profile). Was pleasantly surprised with a "welcome A-Club member" cake placed in the room in advanced. FYI, I made a remark that I was gold and politely asked for upgrade if possible. ( technically speaking, novotels typically doesn't upgrade golds based on T&Cs)
Welcome drink and fruit basket given, along with a 1-hr wireless Internet.
Overheard while checking-in that a plat in front of give was not granted upgrade as she has not requested beforehand, but she was politely informed to try asking again the next day.

Pullman Legian: Booked a Deluxe room using room certificate thru accor advantage program. Again made the remark for upgrade request. Upon checkin, was served welcome drink and cold towels. Noticed that other checkin guest were not given this treatment.
Room was upgraded to grand deluxe (2cat up), was a nice surprise. Welcome gift was a fruit basket which they have not given to us during turndown service. Only after requesting did they offer to deliver. Internet was free for all guest in this property.

Overall quite blessed to be given upgrades on these 2 properties. But a note on staying at Pullman: though the hotel was new, their interior furnishings were pretty badly done. Our room in tower 1 was still very much works in progress. My room's tiling was so noisy that when either my wife or me wakes up at night to go washroom, we would be woken up by the noise of the parquet. Lousy for a new hotel.

2. Pullman Legian: booked a Deluxe
Wow...loves to read your story. It seems that my (and presumably other elite members) complaints have been taken seriously. I wrote email after I stayed because of their lack of recognition.

I think that we should ask for upgrade in email rather than when checking-in since the staffs during check-in usually don't have authority to upgrade the rooms.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Stayed at Sofitel Le Louise in Brussels over the weekend (3 nights/Platinum). Upgrade confirmed in advance by emailing hotel. Welcome drink only received when prompting for it (which, to be honest, I find quite embarrasing), no welcome gift given nor asked for. Hotel staff friendly but seen better, especially for a hotel of this quality. The bar, on the other hand, must be, bar none, the worst I have ever been to. Staff hugely disinterested and at one point just left the place after receiving no service.

Next time in Brussels I will probably try the Europa hotel.
Once staff are disinterested it means that they are not respected and their only desire is to find a better job. This happens when management are out of focus with reality.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by fptxenemit
I am not staying a lot in Accor Hotels, but have been status matched half a year ago to Platinum. Since then, I have been to three Accor Hotels: two Mercures and one Novotel. All of my stays have been perfectly fine, except for the elite recognition. I am aware that at Mercure and Novotel, there are no published benefits of elite status.

The procedure that I have experienced three times is the following:

I give them my name, they find the reservation and give me details about what is included. No mention of my Platinum status. Then I show my Platinum card. The check-in agent looks at the computer, clicks two or three times, and then says "your number is already in the system" and hands back the card.

This means that the check-in agent cannot see my status when they pull up the reservation without clicking through some pages.

I find this strikingly different from other hotel chains where even in low-tier hotels without published elite benefits, there is some recognition of elite status at check-in.

PS. Their feedback form explicitly asks whether I was "asked for my A-Club card or asked to join A-Club", so apparently someone cares about elite recognition. I mentioned this in a recent feedback form, and received an automated "we are sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations" reply
When they start to be serious people with status in other chains will book with them. The only benefit of having platinum or no status is that you get exactly what you paid for aboslutely nothing more not even a bottle of water. Other chains understand and apprecicate status.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:12 am

Programs: EB, topbonus, EgyptairPlus (Silver), SJ Prio, Club Carlson (Gold), A-Club (Plat), PC (Plat)
Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf and Spa

Platinum

Yes.

Booked two Classic Rooms and got two Superior Rooms, with pool/ocean view.

- How are the rooms?

As expected, beds comfortable and good view.

Good: Upgrade, free water bottles every day, two drink vouchers, miniature elephant as gift. Complimentary boat trip to Hong Island. Breakfast was excellent!
Bad: Location could be a bit secluded for some. Hotel restaurants good but a bit on the expensive side (as expected).

Good value. Loved the stay and the hotel and would definitely return!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Platinum

Yes.

Booked two Classic Rooms and got two Superior Rooms, with pool/ocean view.

- How are the rooms?

As expected, beds comfortable and good view.

Good: Upgrade, free water bottles every day, two drink vouchers, miniature elephant as gift. Complimentary boat trip to Hong Island. Breakfast was excellent!
Bad: Location could be a bit secluded for some. Hotel restaurants good but a bit on the expensive side (as expected).

Good value. Loved the stay and the hotel and would definitely return!
I agree. Sofitel Krabi is an excellent hotel. I had a wonderful stay there a few years ago and would definitely love to return.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya & Sofitel Hyland Shanghai Hotel

What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

Grand Mercure-- Yes
Sofitel Hyland - Underwhelming.

Grand Mercure- Booked an Executive room, upgraded to Executive Suite.
Sofitel Hyland - Booked a Superior Club room, upgraded to some kind of suite.

- How are the rooms?
Grand Mercure- Very nicely furnished with all modcons of a 5-star property even though this is only a 4-star. And a huge bathroom.

Sofitel Hyland- Poor excuse for a suite. Small bathroom and generally tired looking room.

Grand Mercure
Good: Nice room, a separate check in counter for AClub member that's actually well attended to (first time I've come across). Very smartly designed lobby. Friendly and efficient staff and check-in, welcome gift of a fruit plate and a bottle of Chilean red, a relaxing club lounge. A pillow menu (a first for a Grand Mercure), I chose the neck support pillow and I slept like a log. The subway line 1 is by the corner, interstate rail is a short walk away.

Bad: The windows are not double glazed. Shanghai traffic noise (constant honking) constantly filter through even with curtains drawn.

Sofitel Hyland
Good: If you're a tourist, you'll be delighted with the location, it being at the Nanjing Pedestrian Street with basically a mile stretch of shopping galore. A short walk to the Bund. Club lounge view of the Pudong area. Much improved concierge service compared to last stay.

Bad:Check in took half an hour at the club lounge where there always seems to be crowded in that small reception area. Tired looking rooms. Upgraded to a dubious looking "suite". Room didn't really feel luxurious, will be worse if you stay at a basic room. Cheap Nescafe instant coffee sachets, can't they afford a decent Nespresso machine in a club suite, no less? 4-star property max. Check in staff didn't recognize my A -Club/ Advantageplus card, had to explain what benefits a plat. card are entitled to. It was then that i was offered a suite upgrade. A welcome amenity of fruit plate and a plate of crusty macaroons were sent belatedly.

Grand Mercure: Great value. Yes would return.
Sofitel Hyland: Not so good value if not for the stay 3 pay 2 promo. Pay a little more for a truly superior hotel experience at the Fairmont Peace Hotel.

Last edited by RJ77; Nov 14, 2011 at 8:31 pm
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

Platinum

Yes!

Booked a Superior Room on a low floor (the lowest category of room available) for USD $640 a.i. for two weekend nights. Upon inquiring, We were given an upgrade to a junior suite on a low floor. We also received drink vouchers for the bar, but I had to nudge them. My platinum status didn't show up on her screen at first, so at first I was going to have to pay for the junior suite. That was fixed and the drink vouchers were quickly received and used.

- How are the rooms?
Room was fantastic. Very quiet, great light, huge windows, massive bathroom.

Good: Great room, great bar (Le Bar), and great service. Concierge desk proved helpful over and over again. Location is nice. The hotel feels modern and luxurious.

Bad: Slightly odd thing is that the tv (which is nice, maybe 37") doesn't turn all the way to be able to watch tv in bed. Wasn't really an issue for us, but it seemed strange. It only turns maybe halfway to the bed.

- Value for $? Would you return?
I would definitely return if I were visiting Chicago again. We really enjoyed our stay, and while it was maybe 10% more expensive than some other alternatives we considered, the service and platinum benefits, plus the general sense of swankiness, would make me go back next time.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:52 am

Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao and Ibis Harbin (China PR)

What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao-- Yes
Ibis Harbin Shangzhi - Yes

Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao- Booked two rooms separately, one in Duplex Suite while another one in Executive Room for my friends two days before departure. The Executive room was upgraded to Duplex Suite .
Ibis Harbin Shangzhi - Standard room and the family room is the same size. I had my room booked by the GM herself.

- How are the rooms?
Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao- The Duplex Suite has two stories. The first floor contains living room and bathroom. The second floor contains king-size bed and additional bathroom !!

Ibis Harbin Shangzhi- Ibis standard, the air conditioner is very good considering it was -1 C outside. It has rainforest shower either. I was placed on the highest floor of the hotel (7th floor) and were placed on the corner room. Eventhough probably it has the same size, but I think it's a compliment to be placed on the highest floor and the corner room.

Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao
Good: My room was placed on the highest floor and also the corner one ! Got early check-in (8 am) either for both room. The Duplex suite has two bathrooms so it really saves much of our time since we wanted to explore Beijing on the nick of time. The check-in process was fast (5-10 mins). The staffs are courteous and friendly. Happy hour on the premier floor is pleasant so we could skip dinner outside. Location is the best since the Chongwenmen station is on the exit of the hotel.

Bad: The breakfast buffet was just ok. However, all of my friends said that was very good.

Ibis Harbin
Good: Great Location, only 3-5 minutes walking distance to St. Sophia Church (Harbin landmark), powerful rainforest shower, staffs are friendly and helpful. Got early check-in at 8am, check-in process was fast (5-8 mins).

Bad: Most of the staffs couldn't speak English fluently but they are eager to help, just need some times and your problem would be solved.

Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao: Really great value for their suite
Ibis Harbin Shangzhi: Really great value since it's very cheap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.