Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mercure and Novotel Sapporo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Mercure and Novotel Sapporo

I have been trying to find reviews of the treatment at these hotels of elites particularly Golds. I'm swinging towards staying at the Mercure as it seems to get better reviews.

Anyone had any experiences at either of these hotels?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Bump of a 3 year old thread. Anyone have any recent experience or comments on either of the two hotels? There's only one report here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20743290-post77.html

Nice to know even Gold's got upgraded at a Mercure property
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:46 am
Suspended

.........no one?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Well, that's me !!!

I just stayed there two months ago and I was very happy with my stay.

Extended story of my previous post :

I was planning to use my complimentary night in Mercure Sapporo so I booked both rooms under flexible rates. However, there was a promotion Japan 4x bonus points (plus breakfast) so I cancel the flexible rates since the promotion rates are on the same price with the flexible rate; while the flexible rates didn't include breakfast.

Therefore I book two rooms under the Japan x4 bonus points. However, when I almost finished the billing process, it said that the rooms were sold out on that period. I emailed the hotel and asked why I couldn't book it. I've experienced it several times in other Accor properties so I would expect same response "we only have one room promotion on that time so you can only book one room bla bla.." However, the Room Division Manager told me that there is only one room on that promotion period but he said that he will add another room for the said period so I could book two rooms under the promotion rate. ^^^^

Upon my arrival, I was told by the the FO that one of my room has been upgraded (from standard to superior) and the room was nice. It has a view to Sapporo TV Tower. I think the room facing to the east so I could see sunrise there. There's also welcome greetings and chocolates for me in the room.

I was planning to have onsen in Jozankei but there is little information regarding this so I asked to Mr. Ken regarding this. He forwarded the message to Guest Relation and was replied by Mr. Romain Gorny. He was very helpful regarding to my queries. I asked several questions regarding to Onsen in Jozankei area, foods, and other things. He went extra miles in assisting me. ^^

After staying, the points posted within two days. Unfortunately, the x4 bonus points were not posted. I asked to Mr. Ken again regarding this. He went extra miles in assisting me. He told me that Accor HQ said that the x4 bonus has included on my points. lol.. I told to Mr. Ken showing my statement that there hasn't 4x bonus yet and he communicate again to the Accor and finally my bonus points arrived on my account. ^^^

Other positive points about the hotel :
- It's located in Susukino area; which is very happening during weekend. Subway station is within walking distance (2-4 mins I think). There are Yoshinoya, and some other restaurants within walking distance.
- The Wifi is very fast !!! I stayed also in Mercure Tokyo Ginza but their wifi was let down.
- The rooms are still new

Negative thing:
- Their breakfast started on 7 am. On my departure date, I asked if I could have early breakfast but they can't have it so I think it's the only negative thing that I experience in this hotel.

If you are planning to stay there, I will pm you his email address so I believe he will be very glad to assist you.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:50 am
Suspended

Thanks for reporting back virtualaris!

Yes, I already booked a few night stay there a month ago during the 50% off sale. I agree, the customer service I been getting from the hotel has been great so far.

How did the two rooms compare? They look pretty much the same from the pictures on their website. Glad to see you had an overall pleasant stay at this property!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Checked out their Japanese website again, and notice they introduced these NEW "Privilege" Twin/Queen/King/Suite rooms all located on the 14&15 floor.

They all come with:
- morning newspaper
- 12pm late check out (usually 11am)
- L'Occitane bath amenities
- and....free drinks!
* Mineral water
* Perrier (one)
* Orange juice (one)
* Guarana
* (2 cups of Blue Mountain capsule) coffee machine
* Green tea, black tea, herbal tea, drip coffee, decaffeinated coffee
- plus a few more other minor amenities

I guess they are trying to introduce sort of an "Executive" floor and a "free mini-bar" that's offered to IHG IC's RA members?

Hopefully they will upgrade some Plat members to these rooms
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Spent one night December 2019. Very nice hotel when one considers the cost. As a platinum guest (my first night staying as platinum ever I was upgraded to what might be their only suite on the top floor. Pleasant view of Sapporo. I guess I should not be expecting this on my future stays!

complimentary breakfast had good selection with strong bias to Asian tastes. Croissants pretty good which is how I rate a hotel . Rather crowded at 8:00am, but well managed.

During my stay lots of tour groups. I imagine this is common (it was also the case at the Mercure in Nagoya), not really a problem unless you hit them at breakfast time (which I always seem to).

Typical Japanese toiletries

Nice wet room

Living room rather sparsely furnished with poor lighting

Bathroom most upscale part of the room.

Sliding doors can close off bedroom

Welcome amenity as Platinum

Additional amenity offered at breakfast!
cowism, IMH, ftakak and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Love Mercure Sapporo! Old but the service and quality is top notch
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:47 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
+1 We also had a very pleasant stay at the Mercure Sapporo this summer.

(No suite upgrade, but that's always less likely on a longer stay.)
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
We've stayed at the Mercure Sapporo a few times in the past, after skiing in Niseko ..
I've not been upgraded to a suite - not once in 5 years & I was platinum for 3/5 years (silver & gold the 1st 2 years)

I'm not even sure if we got any upgrades - the rooms I received had a humidifier & it seemed like all rooms are of the same size.
There were some additional bathroom amenities such as bath salts but those could have been in all rooms.

B'fast wasn't complimentary for Platinum members until recently (2018?) and I didn't return this year, choosing to visit Tokyo instead ...
No plans to visit next year either ... if we do, we'll most likely skip Sapporo-shi & just head to Tokyo after Niseko

There was one year we stayed at the Ibis Styles Sapporo & I liked it even though it's a bit farther from the city center (the inclusive / complimentary b'fast was very much appreciated)
I guess the Mercure is more popular because it has a better location for visitors - minutes away from TANUKI KOJI (狸小路), Odori park as well as Susukino

Transportation is really convenient too in that area (the airport limo bus to Chitose is just across the street - in front of Sushi Zan-mai)
IMH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.