Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Print Wikipost

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PabloM
I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up for an upgrade. Platinum members don't normally get upgrades at Mercure hotels (I rarely get them even at Mercure properties I've stayed at multiple times) plus because you booked it on Priceline I think that lessens your chance as well.

Hope you do get it but I wouldn't be raising your hopes for it - let us know if it does come through.
side comment: upgrades with status up to and including Novotel catagory is not a benefit. It only applies to Sofitel, Pullman etc. There are some hotel managers who do "recognize" status though and still offer an upgrade at Novotel/Mercure (depending what constitutes an upgrade in those hotels - can be just simply a "better view").
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:46 am

Has anyone experience with getting points when on a CX holidays booking through Cathay Pacific? Will it be possible or are they as restrictive as ICHG on non-direct bookings?
Old May 17, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Got a bit of a weird question and hoping someone here can answer. I know that you earn L'Accor points by staying at the hotels but can you also earn points if you just use the restaurant? The reason I'm asking is that the L'Accor website isn't clear - one section says you earn if you stay in one of their hotels but another section says that you can earn points just by spending money in their hotels (which suggests if you ate in the restaurant but weren't staying there then you'd still get the points). I've got a client who's very fond of Le Balcon restaurant at the Sofitel in London and it would be good to know if I can get points for taking him there.

Many thanks in advance.

1F
Old May 17, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
Got a bit of a weird question and hoping someone here can answer. I know that you earn L'Accor points by staying at the hotels but can you also earn points if you just use the restaurant? The reason I'm asking is that the L'Accor website isn't clear - one section says you earn if you stay in one of their hotels but another section says that you can earn points just by spending money in their hotels (which suggests if you ate in the restaurant but weren't staying there then you'd still get the points). I've got a client who's very fond of Le Balcon restaurant at the Sofitel in London and it would be good to know if I can get points for taking him there.

Many thanks in advance.

1F
In my experience the answer is no. Its one of the issues that annoys me - my clients book hotels through an agency and therefore zero points. I spend money in the hotel - I believe I should get points for meals, drinks etc. They say no!!
Old May 17, 2013, 5:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent

Many thanks in advance.

1F
My experience is also no - you only seem to get points if you stay - although I do remember someone on here ages ago saying they did get points at a Mercure restaurant but I think that's rare rather than the norm
Old May 17, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Oh well. Worth asking. Many thanks for the speedy response.

1F
Old May 17, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This is something where SPG outshines once again. Not only do you earn points for flashing your card at a hotel restaurant or bar in which you're not staying, but many times you even get a decent discount.
Old May 21, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
I have been reading this thread after making a hotel reservation through my corporate travel agent for a MGallery hotel. Due to the cost I couldn't make the booking direct with Accor as I normally do. I have a Platinum card.

I am surprised that the rules state I won't earn any points - this doesn't give any incentive to stay with Accor.

Is this policy strictly enforced?

Are the Platinum benefits relating to welcome drink and room upgrade voided as well?

I should have done more research - I really didn't expect a policy that provides no incentive such as this if you are a corporate customer.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by PabloM
I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up for an upgrade. Platinum members don't normally get upgrades at Mercure hotels (I rarely get them even at Mercure properties I've stayed at multiple times) plus because you booked it on Priceline I think that lessens your chance as well.

Hope you do get it but I wouldn't be raising your hopes for it - let us know if it does come through.
Thanks for all the comments.

Well I am back from Budapest, and without even asking, I did get the upgrade. I was on the top (8th) floor, the view was amazing (although admittedly the view might have been as good from the 3rd floor upwards!), I did get (seemingly) a much larger room (it was much bigger than the Best Western room I stayed at in Prague, prior to Budapest). The safe wasn't laptop sized, then again I didn't have a laptop!
I got slippers! But no bathrobe, despite the pictures of their privielege rooms showing a bathrobe!

Other than that, it was a very nice hotel (slightly off the beaten track of Downtown Pest, but nice if you wanted to see the Castle region), and all booked via Priceline NYOP!!
Old May 22, 2013, 6:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by barafear799
I did get the upgrade.
Well done
Old May 23, 2013, 6:14 am

Having just checked my account, I also got the Club Accor points for my stay (despite booking via PL NYOP)!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:23 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
FAQ has been updated to reflect the addition of adagio access and The Sebel to Le Club ^
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
For vouchers, i know they can only be used on non-prepaid stay.

Anyone have experience using it in conjunction with Amex-FHR/Virtuoso/Chase-LHR?
(For some reasons, it's very rare to see Sofitels there)

With other chains(hyatt, hilton, spg) the rate booked via those always considered as if booking on the company's own website with Best Available Rate (flexible/cancelable). It's treated as if booking via travel agent, as opposed to OTA, i believe.
So totally eligible for stay/pts, etc.

I don't have experience with Accor booked via those rate though. I assume it's okay to pay with voucher?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tomy77
When you book a pre-paid stay, you can always use vouchers at check-out to pay for your ancillary expenses (meals, etc).

Last edited by Goldorak; Aug 25, 2013 at 3:20 am
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by tomy77

Anyone have experience using it in conjunction with Amex-FHR/Virtuoso/Chase-LHR?
(For some reasons, it's very rare to see Sofitels there)
I can't speak for Virtuoso or Chase but with Amex FHR you're supposed to pay for the room in full using an Amex card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.