Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Print Wikipost

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I paid my balance in points earlier this month at the 21C Museum Hotel in Nashville and they converted the 40€ to US$ at the desk. Not sure of the rate they used.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I paid my balance in points earlier this month at the 21C Museum Hotel in Nashville and they converted the 40€ to US$ at the desk. Not sure of the rate they used.
I'm not sure that it's the local staff at the desk doing the conversion. I think it's done by the central system, and the amount they apply your room account in the local currency is given to them by the system. It's always been a very fair rate, and certainly not the crappy conversion rates that hotels typically post for guests conducting transactions in other currencies.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
were the status points per Euro spent reduced?

I just checked my reward and status points. I am pretty sure in the past I got 4 status points per Euro spent in most hotel brands (except Ibis, adagio etc.). However I checked on this site and it shows 25 status points per 10 Euro spent, which is 2.5 ponts per Euro
ALL - Accor Live Limitless - How the loyalty programme works

when was this reduced?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I just checked my reward and status points. I am pretty sure in the past I got 4 status points per Euro spent in most hotel brands (except Ibis, adagio etc.). However I checked on this site and it shows 25 status points per 10 Euro spent, which is 2.5 ponts per Euro

when was this reduced?
I only ever remember it being 25, except for last year, when they gave double points due to COVID.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:22 pm

Deleted. Previous post seems to have posted twice.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai

when was this reduced?
It hasn't been reduced/changed. May be you are confusing between status & reward points as it is 44 reward points and 25 status points for 10€ spent at midscale and upscale hotels when you are Plat/Diam.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:50 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I'm not sure that it's the local staff at the desk doing the conversion. I think it's done by the central system, and the amount they apply your room account in the local currency is given to them by the system. It's always been a very fair rate, and certainly not the crappy conversion rates that hotels typically post for guests conducting transactions in other currencies.
It’s in the t&c’s “If Rewards Points are redeemed to obtain a discount on the price of accommodation or an expenditure charged in a currency other than euros, will entail the application of the Accor Group’s benchmark exchange rate is used, as taken from the Multicurrency database (a database of monetary and financial information from Reuters bank)’
Slc2012 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:49 pm

Earn points for stay that occurred before joining?

Just wondering if it’s too late for my wife to register and earn points for a stay that was completed 9 days ago. Total was $2500 after tax so might have left some points on the table. We very rarely stay at Accor so maybe not super useful but still a shame to lose it lol
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Time frame for refund of canceled reservation

We booked two rooms for a refundable early April three-night stay at the Ibis Styles Menton Centre in Menton, France.

We found it necessary to cancel the reservation March 5. The full amount was charged to my credit card on the March 15 statement, but there is no sign of a refund on my credit card statement as of today, April 17.

I have just emailed a polite query to the property and will await a reply. I do understand that refund credit can sometimes take time to process and appear, but it's a significant amount of money to me and I don't want to lose track of it or to miss the deadline for a cc dispute if necessary.

Our travel patterns are such that we rarely stay at Accor properties. Is this a normal time frame for a refund credit to be processed, or should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Going back to Accor for the first time in a few years and the program’s significantly changed since my last stay. And ahead of that, I’ve run up a bunch of Accor points via e-Rewards I’m planning on using on future stays.

So if I want to apply points at the hotel on a pay at check-in reservation, do I notify at check-in or wait until check out?

If I apply points toward a ‘pay at the hotel’ reservation at time I make that reservation, do I get the points back when I cancel and if so, how quick until they’re refunded?

As other programs move away from being arbitrage points on high value stays, I’m coming to appreciate Accor’s ‘apply points to any reservation as long as it’s not a deep discount rate’ approach. One of my upcoming stays is a special event time frame and I love how there’s not some sort of limit on the number of award rooms available during that time like you get with other programs.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:09 am

Hi, I'm also looking to renew my Accor. They had discounts for long stays before and I'm wondering if points accrued are still good for those.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Maybe a dumb question, but if I book a paid rate, say a Virtuoso rate, and redeem points toward part of the bills, will I earn points on the total amount of cash I paid? Or because I used points for part of the bill, would I not get any points for the stay?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Maybe a dumb question, but if I book a paid rate, say a Virtuoso rate, and redeem points toward part of the bills, will I earn points on the total amount of cash I paid? Or because I used points for part of the bill, would I not get any points for the stay?
You would earn points on the portion paid with cash.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:23 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I am trying to work out how many Reward Points I will earn from I reservation I am currently on. What makes this tricky is because I don't know the tax percentage here (Thailand) used in the paid price. In the UK it is 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) in the paid price, because Rewards Points are calculated on the paid price minus the tax (and minus the value of any redeemed Rewards Points if used) - all converted to EUR.

Also, I have purchased bar drinks, cafe snacks and room service - I put all these on my room rather than pay at the time. When I check-out and pay the bill will I earn Rewards Points on the F&B total price or after tax?

All my previous ALL reservations were in the UK and I never had any extras: food, drinks etc. So I easily can calculate the Rewards Points to be earned: estimating GBP to EUR conversion, the bonus for being ALL Gold and any promo Rewards Points.

Last edited by siw; Aug 3, 2022 at 11:05 pm
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by siw
I am trying to work out how many Reward Points I will earn from I reservation I am currently on. What makes this tricky is because I don't know the tax percentage here (Thailand) used in the paid price. In the UK it is 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) in the paid price, because Rewards Points are calculated on the paid price minus the tax (and minus the value of any redeemed Rewards Points if used) - all converted to EUR.

Also, I have purchased bar drinks, cafe snacks and room service - I put all these on my room rather than pay at the time. When I check-out and pay the bill will I earn Rewards Points on the F&B total price or after tax?

All my previous ALL reservations were in the UK and I never had any extras: food, drinks etc. So I easily can calculate the Rewards Points to be earned: estimating GBP to EUR conversion, the bonus for being ALL Gold and any promo Rewards Points.
you earn on all the eligible spendings (and F&B are eligible) before tax. And for what is the VAT or various taxes applicable in TH, I am sure you can find the info on the web.
siw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.