Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Print Wikipost

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by zebranz
Is there an easy way to find out what hotels in a city (MEL) have lounges? I plan 5 nights and would like to make use of my Platinum status.
https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/u...index.en.shtml
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Thanks for the link...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I transfered QR miles to Accor and am now trying to use them. Booked a room using points for my wife, but now I need to change the room into my name. It is an award booking. Can I simply call the hotel and ask them to put a note into the reservation or should I just show up and assume the front desk will give me a key? Same last name, same address....
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:39 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Most likely an ignorant question on my part: regarding the 5600 EUR required spend to renew Platinum level, if I book 2 rooms do I get spend credit for both rooms? I know Marriott counts up to 3 rooms but not sure about Accor so regulars here probably know the answer.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:58 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Most likely an ignorant question on my part: regarding the 5600 EUR required spend to renew Platinum level, if I book 2 rooms do I get spend credit for both rooms? I know Marriott counts up to 3 rooms but not sure about Accor so regulars here probably know the answer.
Yes you do, if it is the same booking and you pay for both together at check out. It is member's room + one other max.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Platinum
You will become platinum member after staying 60 nights or earning 14,000 Le Club Accorhotels status points during the calendar year.
Perks: 100% bonus points at hotels;

Also:
- Access to lounge if existing (not to Fairmont Gold lounges)
So this means we now have access to Swissotel lounges, right? We did not under Fairmont so it would be a new perk. I have read in the Swissotel Singapore thread that Plats have access to the lounge there, but I just want to confirm that it is now brand-wide.

Also the extract above also means that we get access to Banyan Tree lounges, right?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes you do, if it is the same booking and you pay for both together at check out. It is member's room + one other max.
if it's the same booking, do I need to request to transfer the room charges to 1 room ?

If I'm not mistaken, Hilton frontdesk combines everything into 1 room while Marriott leaves it separate as it counts towards stays
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:30 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
So this means we now have access to Swissotel lounges, right? We did not under Fairmont so it would be a new perk. I have read in the Swissotel Singapore thread that Plats have access to the lounge there, but I just want to confirm that it is now brand-wide.

Also the extract above also means that we get access to Banyan Tree lounges, right?
yes, platinum members have access to Swissotel lounges.

I am not sure if Banyan Tree properties have lounges. I stayed at the Banyan Tree Tianjin Riverside a few days ago and it did not have a lounge, as it is a "vacation" property. I have looked on the websites of a couple other Banyan Tree hotels and cannot find any mention of lounge access rooms.

I'm not saying that Banyan Tree hotels don't have lounges, but the small sample size I have looked at do not seem to have them.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
yes, platinum members have access to Swissotel lounges.

I am not sure if Banyan Tree properties have lounges. I stayed at the Banyan Tree Tianjin Riverside a few days ago and it did not have a lounge, as it is a "vacation" property. I have looked on the websites of a couple other Banyan Tree hotels and cannot find any mention of lounge access rooms.

I'm not saying that Banyan Tree hotels don't have lounges, but the small sample size I have looked at do not seem to have them.
I stayed at Swissotel Bangkok before Accor integration and I could not access the lounge. So sounds like now the situation has changed for the better.

Banyan Tree Bangkok also has a lounge. Given that the lounge exception seems to only be for Fairmont, Plats have access.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:32 pm

Banyan Tree Bangkok informed me that Plats will get lounge access ^
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Banyan Tree Bangkok informed me that Plats will get lounge access ^
Pavilion Hotel managed by Banyan Tree KL advised the same when we had a personal tour yesterday. Also advised that well behaved children were welcome also 😉
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by wantan
if it's the same booking, do I need to request to transfer the room charges to 1 room ?

If I'm not mistaken, Hilton frontdesk combines everything into 1 room while Marriott leaves it separate as it counts towards stays
as far as i know, combining the folios will make it less prone to missing points (2nd rooms point)

and for marriott, they never count 2nd and 3rd room night/stay credit but they do count up to 3 rooms charges for points
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:05 am

I am quite new to the hotel loyalty game so please don't flame me ... too much.

A friend suggested I visit them in Bangkok and offered to book a hotel for me. They are going to book it under their name as they want to get their stays.

I'm guessing they just turn up with me to the booking and hand me the keys?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I am quite new to the hotel loyalty game so please don't flame me ... too much.

A friend suggested I visit them in Bangkok and offered to book a hotel for me. They are going to book it under their name as they want to get their stays.

I'm guessing they just turn up with me to the booking and hand me the keys?
Pretty much

Except... if you accidentally leave your key in the room and need to go to reception to get another one they will want your name. If your friend is Thai but you aren't (or v.v), there may be an issue.

The alternative would be to get your friend to also register you as a co-occupant/guest during check-in, so if there are any unforseen circumstances you'll be able to get help.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Pretty much

Except... if you accidentally leave your key in the room and need to go to reception to get another one they will want your name. If your friend is Thai but you aren't (or v.v), there may be an issue.

The alternative would be to get your friend to also register you as a co-occupant/guest during check-in, so if there are any unforseen circumstances you'll be able to get help.
Thanks a lot for the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.