Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Print Wikipost

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:06 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I understand Etap hotels do not participate in A Club, so no points are earned. Do nights at Etap hotels, however, count toward elite re-qualification?
No they don't. If a chain does not participate it means no points, no night count.

However as Etap now becomes Ibis budget it is not clear if they will join the programme. Maybe the Accor Concierge could clarify this?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:27 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by starflyergold
No they don't. If a chain does not participate it means no points, no night count.

However as Etap now becomes Ibis budget it is not clear if they will join the programme. Maybe the Accor Concierge could clarify this?
Hello,
Although Etap Hotel (ibis budget) is now part of the ibis family, Etap Hotel's participation in the A|Club programme is still under consideration.

DA
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:50 pm

Hello,

I have some questions about A-Club, so I think the best place to ask them is on this thread. So, here they go:

-> When we buy a Favorite Guest Business card the points we have on our account are transferred?

-> If we have the Favorite Guest Business card, when we reach the number of points to get another status, the status is automatically changed or it's just by the final of the year?

-> When we have pre-paid rates, the points are credited when we pre-pay the rate or just when we check-out?

-> We can only get points from two rooms per stay and there must be someone in the 2nd room member of the account's holder family. One person staying on the 2nd room is my wife's cousin (so, technically, she is my cousin too). Can I earn points having this in consideration?

-> If I read well, the points don't expire since we stay at an Accor hotel every year. For instance, if we have always 5000 points in our account, the status will be Silver forever, or we have to earn those 5000 points each year?

Thank you so much, and sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand my questions...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:26 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bigapple05
Hello,

I have some questions about A-Club, so I think the best place to ask them is on this thread. So, here they go:

-> When we buy a Favorite Guest Business card the points we have on our account are transferred?
Yes

-> If we have the Favorite Guest Business card, when we reach the number of points to get another status, the status is automatically changed or it's just by the final of the year?
As soon as points are reached you are "upgraded", A-Club operates a rolling membership year, not calendar year.

-> When we have pre-paid rates, the points are credited when we pre-pay the rate or just when we check-out?
Checkout, you also get points for incidentals at the hotel (room service, restaurant etc.)

-> We can only get points from two rooms per stay and there must be someone in the 2nd room member of the account's holder family. One person staying on the 2nd room is my wife's cousin (so, technically, she is my cousin too). Can I earn points having this in consideration?
You should get points for both rooms

-> If I read well, the points don't expire since we stay at an Accor hotel every year. For instance, if we have always 5000 points in our account, the status will be Silver forever, or we have to earn those 5000 points each year?
Your status expires after a year unless you had more sufficient stays/points accumulated in the preceding 12 months.

Thank you so much, and sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand my questions...
They were very clear ^
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:36 am

What an amazing help!

Just one more thing: I've just created a gold status account with the promotion "Oh my gold". If I buy the Favorite Guest Business card, what will be its status? Gold (since the former card was gold) or Classic (since I don't have the minimum number of stays / points)?

bigapple05
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:48 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

What an amazing help!

Just one more thing: I've just created a gold status account with the promotion "Oh my gold". If I buy the Favorite Guest Business card, what will be its status? Gold (since the former card was gold) or Classic (since I don't have the minimum number of stays / points)?

bigapple05
My understanding is that you get the same status you have with the "free" card, so you should be getting Gold Favorite Guest.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:52 am

Accor Concierge, could you confirm this?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:08 am

Accor Concierge, could you confirm this?
Hi bigapple05, please let me double-check it with the A|Club department. I will get back to you ASAP.

Dieu Anh
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:40 am

Hi Dieu Anh,

Btw, does the 15% discount provided by FGB card at Novotel also apply to the rate "Family Extra Room"?

Other question related to the FGB card: if I'm booking and paying two rooms, the discount applies to both rooms or just for one room?

Best regards,

bigapple05
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:08 am

Btw, does the 15% discount provided by FGB card at Novotel also apply to the rate "Family Extra Room"?
Hi,
It may apply to this rate... or not. In fact, this card can offer "5% reduction off specific rates subject to conditions, displayed or otherwise communicated on the day a reservation is made, by the hotel or the Accor Group reservation center or via the novotel.com and accorhotels.com Web sites, subject to respecting any other conditions applicable to said rates."
Other question related to the FGB card: if I'm booking and paying two rooms, the discount applies to both rooms or just for one room?
Both rooms if the second room is a single room and is occupied by a child or a member of your family, on the condition that he or she stays at the hotel at the same time.

Dieu Anh
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:32 am

Hi,

So, the hotel itself decides if the discount is made or not? I thought that those 5% were applied on pre-paid rates, is that right?

The second room must be single?

Thank you once again,

bigapple05
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:41 am

So, the hotel itself decides if the discount is made or not? I thought that those 5% were applied on pre-paid rates, is that right?

The second room must be single?
Hi,
Yes, the second room must be single.
When you book your room at accorhotels.com or novotel.com, by giving your card number, you will see if the 5% reduction applies, or not.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:07 am

Hi,

I've finally subscribed the FGB card. The status is gold. It has only one drawback, the discount doesn't apply to rooms for 3 or 4 people, at least at the hotels I'm searching.

Best regards,

bigapple05
Old May 29, 2012, 12:46 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Just to note that the Mouvango network does not exist any longer (confirmed by Accor Concierge). FAQs have now been updated.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Do we earn accor points if we book through avios.com?

https://www.avios.com/collect/accor-...rom=hotelsList

Also, any other way to extend the expiration of the points beside a stay? Thank you!

Last edited by milemission; Jul 31, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.