Search

Fairmont Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:47 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Fairmont Monte Carlo

Fairmont is to take over management of the Monte Carlo Grand Hotel effective March 2005. Complete story is HERE

This is very good news!!! It will make it a little easier to reach elite tiers in the President's Club!!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 4:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Great News!

There is more to come. Fairmont has $1.5 Billion set aside to purchase European properties.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:34 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
bumping up thread
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
The Monte Carlo Grand used to be the Loews Hotel Monte Carlo prior to 1998. I used to stay there with my family on Formula 1 weekends because it was one of the best places to view the race. The road track actually runs under the hotel. Haven't been there in a long time but look forward to going back once Fairmont rehabs the property. Great addition to the Fairmont portfolio. Monte Carlo is absolutely beautiful but very expensive.

Last edited by christianj; Jan 10, 2005 at 10:11 am
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
There's a special intro rate promo for the FMC at EUR199/night during the month of April. At the moment that's more than a EUR100 discount, considering regular summer month rates start around EUR330/360 per night.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 3:45 pm

Sounds like a great place to use my free nights coupons this year!
Old Jun 3, 2006, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
Any promo codes for Fairmont Montecarlo?

From July 08 to 18 or 11 to 18
Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Go to the MileMaven hotel tab (http://www.milemaven.com/r), search for Montecarlo. You should find offers for the Fairmont.

Last edited by boazs; Jun 3, 2006 at 11:28 am
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Fairmont Monte Carlo

This has to be my worst single hotel experience in 10 years!

The hotel is worse than a dumpy Reno hotel that has not been updated since the 1970's. If this is the future of Fairmont's new European properties then the brand is in big trouble. I do not think any of the company's North American managment have yet to visit the property to even begin to try and bring the property and staff up to par. Actually the property could never be updated as it is so bad. The original design team is probably bankrupt because they could never have been hired again after this property opened up 30 years ago.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Any update on the Fairmont Monte Carlo since the 2006 report?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Any update on the Fairmont Monte Carlo since the 2006 report?
By far the worst Fairmont I have ever been too. The only way to make it better would be to blow it up and start again.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 3:01 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

Originally Posted by Cascadia
By far the worst Fairmont I have ever been too. The only way to make it better would be to blow it up and start again.
I live right nearby.

The Fairmont Monte Carlo used to be the old Loews.

A friend stayed there about a month ago. 3 nights in a room with a sea view. I did not see the room but he was quite happy with the room and the service. The only problem was the noise from a nearby discotheque if he opened the window.

That part of Monte Carlo on to the Sporting is full of night clubs and some of them can be quite loud but that's Monte Carlo. A lot of night life to be expected.

There is even a private Mosque, the only Mosque that exists in the Principality of Monaco. No imam, just the prayer room. This is strictly for Gulf States/Saudi VVIP guests and not publicized.

If you like Formula 1 and can afford the rates, this is definitely the place to be. You can view the race right from your balcony.

Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:59 pm

Fairmont Monte Carlo

So I'm planning a trip to next year's grand prix and I was wondering if the regular Fairmont View room would have a nice view of the race. I contacted Fairmont and they said that only the grand prix suite would have a view, which seems odd. Wouldn't all the rooms in that section of the hotel have the same view?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by turtle911
So I'm planning a trip to next year's grand prix and I was wondering if the regular Fairmont View room would have a nice view of the race. I contacted Fairmont and they said that only the grand prix suite would have a view, which seems odd. Wouldn't all the rooms in that section of the hotel have the same view?
The race runs under the hotel so I'd safely assume Fairmont wasn't pulling you leg when they say only a few top rooms feature a track view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Monaco

The famous tunnel section (running under the Fairmont Hotel, marked in grey in the circuit diagram above) is said to be difficult for drivers to cope with due to the quick switch from light to dark, then back to light again, at one of the fastest points of the course
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: Air Canada, BA Executive Club, Accor / Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott
Some Details on Grand Prix

Originally Posted by turtle911
They haven't relaunched their site yet for 2010 but they had a separate website for the 2009 event. Here's a link which has a lot of details on room type options, events and other things going on during F1: http://www.fairmontmontecarlogp.com/en/en_index.html

_

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.