The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle

Old Aug 1, 2003, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030801/to236_1.html
Old Aug 1, 2003, 1:25 pm

It's actually now live and fully bookable on the Fairmont site. Has anyone stayed at the property under the "old" management? Just wondering how well situated it is.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 10:30 am

Has anybody stayed at this hotel now that it is under the Fairmont banner?

Looking for feedback on this property for possible Dec. stay...

[This message has been edited by nobody-elite (edited 10-16-2003).]
Old Oct 16, 2003, 2:01 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally posted by Goldmember:
It's actually now live and fully bookable on the Fairmont site. Has anyone stayed at the property under the "old" management? Just wondering how well situated it is.
You really can't beat the 4th and University location. Very central in downtown Seattle across the street from the Rainier Bank Tower and the IBM building (both desinged by the same architect who built the World Trade Center).

Previously under the management of the Four Seasons brand, the Olympic underwent a huge renovation that took half its rooms away by combining 2 adjoining rooms into one.

It is Seattle's premiere hotel, having had 5 stars under Four Seasons.

Given Fairmont's roots as both the Princess and the Canadian Pacific Hotel chains, I doubt the quality has suffered in any way.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 11:05 am

I have a stay coming up here at the end of next week, and am trying to determine if it is worth using a suite upgrade out of my current room (Deluxe Room). Anyone have any personal experience with the suites at this property?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 20, 2005, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Seattle (Fairmont Olympic)

deleted

Last edited by Altaflyer; Dec 12, 2005 at 8:12 am
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Someone should chime in and let me know what the difference is between a 4 and a 5 diamond hotel
There's a list of criteria here: http://www.ouraaa.com/news/news/diam..._criteria.html

Of course, all things are subjective, but I suspect that the Olympic gets a big boost from being a historic landmark and from having multiple restaurants. The Waterfront, while a nice hotel, is not particularly architechturally distinguished, and only has one.
Old May 31, 2008, 8:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Thumbs up Fairmont Olympic Seattle

Of all the Fairmonts I have stayed at, and I have stayed at many, this is my all time favourite. Service is 5 star, conceirge is excellent, upgrades very worthwhile on the rooms, good gym & pool and milk and cookies put in our car for the drive home was the cherry on top. An absolute must stay!
Old Jun 1, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by loopies
Of all the Fairmonts I have stayed at, and I have stayed at many, this is my all time favourite. Service is 5 star, conceirge is excellent, upgrades very worthwhile on the rooms, good gym & pool and milk and cookies put in our car for the drive home was the cherry on top. An absolute must stay!
I could not agree more. One of the best hotels in the world.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23-24;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
Fairmont Seattle - motion seconded

Originally Posted by Cascadia
I could not agree more. One of the best hotels in the world.
I agree also. Law Lord Jr. and I go there for Thanksgiving, nearly every year since 1999, when it was the Olympic Four Seasons, before it hooked up with Fairmont. The staff is uniformly considerate to the kid without losing their adult dignity, and he always scores enough extra chocolate chip cookies for Mrs. Law Lord and me to have a few.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Just back from two nigts at Fairmont Olympic Seattle and enjoyed the stay. The hotel is within walking distance of much of downtown and for that reason and it's vintage reminds me of the Hotel Vancouver. Nice main entry way gives you the sense of arriving at a grande hotel, an impression that continues when you step off the escaltors into the large main lobby with its columns and wood panelling. The pool & fitness facility was a nice oasis to swim & read the paper on a lazy morning, though the pool is both smaller and shallower (2-4 feet) than I prefer. Nice hot tub to soak away the day. ^

The room, which was #628 an Executive King Suite, was spacious and comfortable and well equipped with two large flatscreen TV's. I was sharing the room with a fellow Edmontonian attending the Flyertalk do in SEA and the sofabed wouldn't deploy the first night, though maintenance and housekeeping were very earnest and quick in trying to first fix the contraption then when that failed moving on to find a workable solution so get good marks for recovering from the initial problems. While we were out the next day there was a card left on the sofa saying the problem was fixed but the mattress on the floor temporary solution was as comfortable so was kept for night number two. Gotta say the sofa looked a little beyond it's due date regardless of the malfunctioning sofa bed.

However, the stay overall featured wonderful Fairmont service I've come to enjoy including a very quick & efficient check in at the FPC desk as well as a nice welcome card from the hotel manager and fruit basket in the room. I'd return here again at the right price if I found myself in SEA again despite the minor age issues.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:03 pm

Programs: Air Canada, BA Executive Club, Accor / Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott
$149 USD at The Fairmont Olympic, Seattle

Travelzoo.com - http://hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/676014

As the only AAA 5-Diamond property in the Pacific Northwest, rooms at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle normally go for more than $400 per night. But from November 12 - December 30, rooms at this elegant hotel are only $149 per night!

Plus, guests get free Wi-Fi and 25% OFF all food and beverage purchases.

Located within walking distance of Pike's Market, the Seattle Waterfront and the Space Needle, this historic hotel features Italian Renaissance architecture, a spa, a health club and two award-winning restaurants.

Travel dates: Nov 12th - Dec 30th. Must Book by Oct 30th: Click here to book, or call 800-333-2176 and mention Travelzoo.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
No more WSJ at the Olympic

I was surprised to be told that the Olympic in Seattle no longer offers the Wall Street Journal. Seems like a bad move for a hotel with so many business travelers. I'm here 2 or 3 times a month and miss it. Have any of the other Fairmonts also dropped it? I assume it's a cost savings measure (like no more morning coffee in the lobby)
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by oldhughesguy
I was surprised to be told that the Olympic in Seattle no longer offers the Wall Street Journal. Seems like a bad move for a hotel with so many business travelers. I'm here 2 or 3 times a month and miss it. Have any of the other Fairmonts also dropped it? I assume it's a cost savings measure (like no more morning coffee in the lobby)
That's annoying. I expect the WSJ at most hotels (exception may be some resorts).
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:47 pm

Fairmont Seattle

Hi all

I am going to Seattle for a weekend. I have a few suite upgrade certs left. I can stay at the Fairmont Olympic for USD $159 a night - and use my upgrade. But the executive suite is only 400 sq feet and is priced at USD $199 a night. NOt a huge difference.

I understand the Hotel is prime location but somewhat dated inside.

My other option is to go via Hotwire where I can get a four star for about USD 80 a night - half the price of Fairmont.

Is the Fairmont Olympic worth it? Is the Suite anything special?
Is it dated? Comments....

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.