The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle

Old May 5, 2015, 1:32 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Last weekend I stayed here with family. This was not my first time here but on this most recent visit I left slightly disappointed.

Yes, this is a nicely appointed property full of old world charm and some of the staff that we encountered were very professional and exemplary in service. We dined at The Georgian and I used the Fitness Center and both experiences were top notch thanks in part to the attentive and welcoming staff. The men's locker room was very well stocked with different types of toiletries and cleaned frequently in a discreet manner.

The day we arrived was the birthday for one of the guests and she is a President Club's member. Now, we are not expecting any freebies nor special treatment from the hotel, but a quick acknowledgment or a congratulatory note would have been nice, especially when said member was welcomed back and was told that the records showed that she has stayed at the hotel before. This was a contrasting experience from other stays at the Intercontinental during someone's birthday as well and at the IC Paris there was a chilled bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte waiting in the room with a note and on another occasion at the IC HK, a small cake was placed with a special note.

So this time the Fairmont failed to "wow" us, but overall it made for a nice and comfortable weekend stay. Next time I go to Seattle I might be open to other possibilities.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:26 am

using breakfast certificates

I booked the Olympic for next year before a cruise. Our train to Vancouver will be leaving early on one of the days.
What the the options to use our breakfast certificates?
Do they have a quick eatery type place for our early departure morning?

For a sit-down breakfast the first day, will the certificates (4 $25 certificates from chase) cover the cost of breakfast for two?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by shuttercookie
I booked the Olympic for next year before a cruise. Our train to Vancouver will be leaving early on one of the days.
What the the options to use our breakfast certificates?
Do they have a quick eatery type place for our early departure morning?

For a sit-down breakfast the first day, will the certificates (4 $25 certificates from chase) cover the cost of breakfast for two?
Yes, $100 will definitely cover breakfast for two (assuming you're not planning to order any alcohol).

The hotel has a 24h in-room dining menu and I recall the hotel delivering an excellent sandwich (from the "build-your-own / night menu) along with drinks in a to-go cup delivered at 5a.m. before an early morning flight. Not sure about cheaper / more casual options, but I'd assume there's a Starbucks nearby...
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, $100 will definitely cover breakfast for two (assuming you're not planning to order any alcohol).

The hotel has a 24h in-room dining menu and I recall the hotel delivering an excellent sandwich (from the "build-your-own / night menu) along with drinks in a to-go cup delivered at 5a.m. before an early morning flight. Not sure about cheaper / more casual options, but I'd assume there's a Starbucks nearby...
Thanks!
Old May 30, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I just stayed here this weekend - they are undergoing a full renovation of all the guest rooms. We stayed in a corner king suite on the eighth floor for the Memorial Day weekend at a discounted (~$185/nt) rate. I presume it was so deeply discounted because of the ongoing renovation, which is due to complete sometime during July. They have two more floors to go - 3 and 4.

The renovations are very well done. Everything is very fresh and new - furniture, carpets, wallpaper, bathroom furnishings, etc. I will say that the guest levels are quite a stark contrast to the lobby. The lobby feels very "old world" and grand while the guest rooms and corridors feel more modern and chic.

Overall, it was certainly worth the price paid, and I would put it in the same category, as say, the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, with the Georgia having slightly better staff and the Olympic having the better facility (lobby, rooms, etc).
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:13 pm

Nice WE stay at the Olympic

Have never stayed here before but living near the city of Seattle decided to splurge for SO B-day. With no sports teams around save for the Sounders FC, it was quite inexpensive to get a room. Ended up in corner king on the 11th floor. Very nice room, with all the modern amenities.

I am a fitness nut, so I was modestly impressed with the fitness center. The hot tub is one of the largest I seen outside a ski resort hotel. The locker room is the nicest appointed I have seen. Sandals, bathrobes, and even shaving cream and razors! Nice size too. Only thing I will dock them on is the size of the free weight and exercise machines is a bit limited. However, plenty of treadmills and stationary bikes.

Staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel felt very empty. Did not see many people in the lobby area, etc. It was very quiet. Hotel is in great location.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:28 pm

Fairmont Seattle refund

Hubby made a res for us for three nights Fairmont Seattle. This was to follow a business stay there at another hotel. I ended up not going at all and he flew home the day the res was to have commenced. He totally had no recollection of making the res but Saw the charge on our card. We called and explained. Also never got a reminder email from the hotel. We are good customers and stay with fairmont. They were very gracious and gave money back. It pays to at least ask.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Any recent experiences to share? (Especially with FHR benefits)
Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold / AC 75K / ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Any recent experiences to share? (Especially with FHR benefits)
Thanks
Stayed in 2019 - a little bit ago actually. I was visiting Seattle with a friend who arrange accommodation. The place we had booked was awful so we drove to the Fairmont.

Our stay was good. It was nice that they were so accommodating at the very last minute. We had a normal Fairmont 2010s style room, not sure if theyve been upgraded since. The breakfast was amazing, the bar was fun. The pool and hot tub were both a bit cramped and indoor and full of kids and lots of echo. Reminded me of the pools at Fairmont Lake Louise and Calgary.
Adam1222 likes this.

Last edited by acrooksie; Aug 16, 2021 at 8:34 am
Old Aug 21, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by acrooksie
Stayed in 2019 - a little bit ago actually. I was visiting Seattle with a friend who arrange accommodation. The place we had booked was awful so we drove to the Fairmont.

Our stay was good. It was nice that they were so accommodating at the very last minute. We had a normal Fairmont 2010s style room, not sure if theyve been upgraded since. The breakfast was amazing, the bar was fun. The pool and hot tub were both a bit cramped and indoor and full of kids and lots of echo. Reminded me of the pools at Fairmont Lake Louise and Calgary.
The hotel received a complete makeover in 2020-21. Videos on YouTube.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a nice one night stay on property. Renovation is stunning. Love the lobby. Nice pool and comfortable room. Let me know if there are any specific questions!

Old Oct 15, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan
Hi all!

Staying at the Olympic in December and was curious to see if anyone knew when the speakeasy and Georgian room will open? Really hoping the speakeasy will be available during our stay.

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Any recent stays at this property? What's the Virtuoso breakfast like?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:44 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Belatedly adding a link to allbrosca's positive reciew from July 2022:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34466411-post114.html

... and asking if anyone can report on any more recent experiences here. We're back in Seatlle in July/August and trying to decide between this property, the ndra Seattle MGallery and IHG's offerings.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:18 pm

Programs: ALL Accor - Platinum
Stayed last summer on a Virtuoso rate. Was upgraded to the best room type (Signature or something), ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and had drinks at the bar.

Bar = absolutely stunning. Drinks were tasty.
Restaurant = one of the most beautiful spaces I've been in. Dinner was very good, breakfast as well.

Highly recommend on the Virtuoso rate! We got great value out of it.
IMH likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.