The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle

Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Valet would be nice, IF I had $32 to throw away!!

FYI, I was batting 100 % on breakfast prior to my stay in SEA:
Fairmomt Royal York - comp'd breakfast
Fairmont Kea Lani - comp'd breakfast
(Where would you like me to go next?)

ps Funny you would have an issue with this..........let us know when you are denied a UA upgrade for the first time!
I don't have an issue with it, just curious...

I have been a Fairmont Plat for two years and I don't think I have received (nor have I asked for) a free breakfast on any of my stays.

Valet is kind of expensive, I agree. But it is not off site. (or maybe it is, I don't know since someone else always runs and gets my car for me )

What did you receive for an arrival gift? Hopefully that was nice...
Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Valet would be nice, IF I had $32 to throw away!!

FYI, I was batting 100 % on breakfast prior to my stay in SEA:
Fairmomt Royal York - comp'd breakfast
Fairmont Kea Lani - comp'd breakfast
(Where would you like me to go next?)
I think it's important to manage one's expectations. Comp. breakfast is rarely offered to anyone, it" definitely not a published benefit, and I would be very surprised if any Fairmont had a policy of consistently offering free breakfast to Plat members.

During my last 150 nights (over the last three years) I think I was offered comp. breakfast on exactly one occasion, so definitely consider yourself lucky.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
During my last 150 nights (over the last three years) I think I was offered comp. breakfast on exactly one occasion, so definitely consider yourself lucky.
How many times did you ask?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many times did you ask?
I have negotiated breakfast to be included by contacting the hotel in advance a few times (when I thought there was a good reason, e.g. when booking multiple rooms or hosting a large dinner at the hotel), but it honestly would never come to my mind to ask for breakfast just "because"...

No personal offence, but that would remind me too much of this fellow guest.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
I've confirmed a 3 night stay in Oct. at the Olympic and wondered whether any others have used the light rail line in from SeaTac as it comes within a block or two of the hotel?

I ask as I normally do without a car rental when I'm downtown on business, especially when convenient public transit is around, but was curious if anyone had any feedback.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I've taken the light rail in from the airport (to the Fairmont, amongst others), it's too easy - a car D/T SEA is just a royal pain...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:43 am

The Light Rail is a convenient and inexpensive way to get to the Fairmont. It is a two block walk from University station. It is uphill so be prepared for a light workout.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
What a wonderful stay!

The Olympic is as good as always if not better and very much enjoyed a 3 night stay this past weekend. Had a king Fairmont room on the 6th floor overlooking the pool roof that was large and comfortable and made for a very nice stay.

University Station is so close it seems like a long block away and the Link is fast, efficient & not as much as other rail rides to the airport.

Had the pool pretty much to myself for a little while one afternoon and enjoyed the pool & hot tub to unwind.

I was able to use the BMW 740 car service to take a few friends to a dinner 6 -7 blocks away and while I could've walked it was nice to try the complimentary service. Nice ride.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:42 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Olympic recently? I'm hearing mixed reviews, contemplating a stay towards the end of the month.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by csol47
Has anyone stayed at the Olympic recently? I'm hearing mixed reviews, contemplating a stay towards the end of the month.
I stayed at the Olympic earlier this year (and a few times before that) and have always had a pleasant stay. I wouldnt hesitate recommending it.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:27 am

Where are you hearing mixed reviews? TA?

I've had a couple of good stays this year, and another in a couple of weeks that I am looking forward to as well.

What other hotels are you considering?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 7:12 am

Last month I was there for the third time this year. Another wonderful stay. For me a great location. A nice deal through Amex FHR (3 nights for the price of 2 and the amenities. The Complimentary 3d night is still valid until the end of this year). Clean, comfortable, treated great by the staff and reasonable price. What more can you want from the Grande Dame of Seattle Hotels?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:24 am

Thanks for the input. Looks like I'm cancelling the trip since the friend I'm visiting won't be around much. The dates are xmas-NYE. Was also looking at various Hyatt's and the Pan Pacific. Yes, it was TA with the mixed batch, I tend to take them with a grain of salt. I have a 3 night plat challenge to complete by the 31'st. Any other properties have the 2/3 deal?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
which Platinum?

I am not sure which Plat challenge you refer to? fyi, for your dates the Sheraton Seattle is $140, Bellevue (near Microsoft) is $89, and the Olympic is $191.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:47 pm

I am not sure which Plat challenge you refer to? fyi, for your dates the Sheraton Seattle is $140, Bellevue (near Microsoft) is $89, and the Olympic is $191.
It was the AC elite promotion, I'll never get the stays in though unfortunately by the 31'st, I'll be at Hiltons. (Not so much by choice).At any rate there's a promo code for the 3 stay deal somewhere on FT I'm pretty sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.