The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle

Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Read post #11.
Thanks.. Seems like you had one of those stays that didn't add up.. Hopefully, your next stay will be better..

It seems there have been nothing but rave reviews about the hotel.. I guess every hotel has their one off stays..
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:30 pm

Just posted my review of this hotel in the Amex FHR thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15383253-post1083.html

I would stay there again, but there were some definite issues.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Top 10

Originally Posted by tcook052
It's in my top ten Fairmont hotels.
I definitely agree. Perhaps in my top 5 Fairmonts (along with Maui, Sonoma and Scottsdale) ^

Last edited by loopies; Dec 8, 2010 at 11:26 am
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:32 pm

This thread is really interesting to me...

I don't post or read on FT terribly often, but I was just cruising through this evening and came across this discussion. I live in Seattle, so I don't often have occasion to stay at hotels here. However, my wife and I have stayed at the Fairmont Olympic twice, and we were just recently discussing how we thought it's one of the most disappointing hotels of its class we've stayed in. We're not Fairmont connoisseurs (we are President's Club members, but we patronize a lot of other brands too). We do, however, stay in a lot of high end hotels including various Fairmonts, Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Starwood, Hilton's better properties, etc.

We found the Seattle Fairmont to be a real let down. It seemed old, and not in a good (charming) way. A lot of stuff seemed to not be terribly well maintained. The rooms we got weren't very impressive, in terms of quality, size or view (maybe because we aren't President's Club high rollers getting big upgrades?). The service was average for the class (meaning good, but not unique), though one time the valet made us wait 35 minutes for our car and were rude about it. In some instances, they seemed to be under-staffed. Again, this is all in the context of the class of hotel -- compared to lesser hotels, it's obviously better.

I'm guessing that we either have just had bad luck, or maybe we're subconsciously biased against it because it's in our own city. Obviously enough people here sing its praises that it has something great to offer. So, I'm not at all trying to bad mouth it, or say everyone else here is wrong. I just wanted to offer a minor dissenting opinion.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I have stayed at the Olympic 8 to 10 times a year since it became a Fairmont and have never had a poor experience. Truly a world class property with fantastic staff and service. I usually stay at Fairmonts, FS, and Starwood higher end properties when I travel, and the Olympic is one of the best in my opinion. By far the best value considering one can normally rent a room under $300 per night.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:24 am

I stayed here this past weekend on a FHR rate of $ 332.00 for an Executive Deluxe Suite. The 3d night was free making the rate $ 221 and change before tax.

This is a lovely property. The service was top notch. I am returning in two months to Seattle and have already made my reservation at the Fairmont. My wife has previously stayed at the Four Seasons in Seattle and told me that she enjoyed the Fairmont more.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
We stayed at Farimont Olympic during memorial weekend. Hotel staff is very friendly and professional. After we checked out hotel and came back two days later, the doorman already had the key in his hand and greeted us by name immediately upon arrival. We went straight up to our room which was the same room as we stayed two days also. They also upgrade us without even requested and provided two bottles of water each night to "their VIP guest" as per housekeeping staff. I normally see this in SPG properties to their PLT. Nice to see this in a Fairmont property. The swimming pool and spa area is also very nicely decorated with lovely "fairmonth scent". Overall, great hotel!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, MR Plat, PC Plat
Agreed. I've been lucky enough to enjoy 6 stays so far this year (on a $125 corporate rate, nonetheless!) and have yet to have an average stay, let alone a bad one. First class all the way...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
I have booked a stay in the cheapest room category. Would it make any sence to upgrade my booking to a deluxe room? Does any of the suites have two beds or only kings? My booking is through FHR, but it seems like the hotel is stingy on upgrades based on other reviews.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
I know they have rooms with 2 beds. There really isn't much difference between rooms unless you upgrade to a mini-suite
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC S100K
If you are using upgrade certificates, your best bet is using a room upgrade instead of a suite upgrade. The basic suites are 450 sq feet-same as a deluxe room. If you need it, some of the suites will have pull out beds. Be sure to ask.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:01 pm

$149 / night

Banner on the front page of Fairmont.com offering rooms here for $149 / night (through 3/31/12 I think?).

I went ahead and booked for a one night stay in late November. I'll report back here after my stay.

I just joined President's club - zero stays / zero status.

** I should note that this is a paid in advance / non cancellable / non refundable rate. $172 with taxes and fees...

I just received the great dates rates e-mail, and this hotel is offered at $149 in that e-mail as well.

Are great rates dates offered on the same terms? (pay in full / non refundable?)

Last edited by LarkSFO; Nov 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm Reason: **
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Are great rates dates offered on the same terms? (pay in full / non refundable?)
Correct. In addition GRGD are not upgradable (for those with status wishing to use a room/suite upgrade cert) and donīt earn miles.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Banner on the front page of Fairmont.com offering rooms here for $149 / night (through 3/31/12 I think?).

I went ahead and booked for a one night stay in late November. I'll report back here after my stay.

I just joined President's club - zero stays / zero status.

** I should note that this is a paid in advance / non cancellable / non refundable rate. $172 with taxes and fees...

I just received the great dates rates e-mail, and this hotel is offered at $149 in that e-mail as well.

I believe last I checked, GRGD is indeed non-refundable..

Weather its full stay, or one night.. I believe its the latter..

Edit: "Great Rates – Great Dates is offered exclusively to Fairmont President’s Club members. You must be a member to book these rates. Fairmont President’s Club number is required at time of booking. The Great Rates, Great Dates offer allows each Fairmont President’s Club member the benefit of booking up to two rooms per stay period. Great Rates must be booked within the seven–day time period allowed. If you are not yet a member, click here. Offer is subject to availability and limited blackout dates at time of reservation for double occupancy in a Fairmont room. Offer may not be combined with other promotions or offers. Fairmont President’s Club certificates are not applicable for this promotion. Partner airline miles are not rewarded on this offer. Full, non–refundable payment is required at time of booking."

I stand corrected.. full non-refundable payment is required at time of booking..
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:16 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I stayed at this hotel earlier this week for the first time for me since it was the Four Seasons. I was very impressed with the property.

Here is a link to my detailed visit report, which includes lots of photos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.