The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle

Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
I stayed there in early September last year. I paid $139 a night using a Great Rates/Dates offer. It was less than the $149 a night the Holiday Inn Express wanted for my travel dates so it was a no brainer for me. I had absolutely no complaints about it. Easy walk to Pike's Place Market and the waterfront. The transit tunnel is a block away with easy access to SeaTac via the light rail. The room was very spacious and the breakfast was quite good (although no buffet on the weekdays). I would definitely stay there again.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
I really enjoyed this hotel. We were upgraded to an Executive suite, while not huge had a separate bedroom and living room areas which is what we needed for the little bundle in the crib.

The presentation of the crib was impressive too...A solid wooden crib with Fairmont linens and blankets, compared to the standard Toy'r'us playpen that you get at many other hotels, including Fairmonts...

The milk and cookies that the valet put in our car upon was a neat touch.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
The Fairmont Olympic Hotel is one of the best hotels anywhere in the world. I love the hotel and can not recommend it enough.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a beautiful hotel- and the executive suites are the old Four Seasons Executive rooms, which are nice with a separate bedroom. At that price- I would stay here for sure. If you are paying full price, I would go to the new Four Seasons down on Union Street.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by llbean
Is the Fairmont Olympic worth it? Is the Suite anything special?
Is it dated? Comments....
You can probably surmise from my trip report upthread I liked the hotel and location but do think it shows some age in places.

One note about the Executive King Suite I was in which is while it had doors to close off the bedroom area they had fabric, not glass, in the wooden frames meaning next to no sound barrier if someone wanted to stay up and watch tv or visit with family or friends in the sitting area of the unit.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
You can probably surmise from my trip report upthread I liked the hotel and location but do think it shows some age in places.

One note about the Executive King Suite I was in which is while it had doors to close off the bedroom area they had fabric, not glass, in the wooden frames meaning next to no sound barrier if someone wanted to stay up and watch tv or visit with family or friends in the sitting area of the unit.
So would you stay there again or go for a cheaper priceline alternative?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

So would you stay there again or go for a cheaper priceline alternative?
Yes, I would.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Hi all

I am going to Seattle for a weekend. I have a few suite upgrade certs left. I can stay at the Fairmont Olympic for USD $159 a night - and use my upgrade. But the executive suite is only 400 sq feet and is priced at USD $199 a night. NOt a huge difference.

I understand the Hotel is prime location but somewhat dated inside.

My other option is to go via Hotwire where I can get a four star for about USD 80 a night - half the price of Fairmont.

Is the Fairmont Olympic worth it? Is the Suite anything special?
Is it dated? Comments....

Thanks!
I heard Fairmont Olympic Seattle used to be a Four Seasons.. It's one of three hotels listed on "Conde de Naste?" as top 500 in the world.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I heard Fairmont Olympic Seattle used to be a Four Seasons.. It's one of three hotels listed on "Conde de Naste?" as top 500 in the world.
The first part is true, though doubt the veracity of the second part. This isn't even one of my favorite Fairmont's.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Here's an article

http://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Articl...ast_top_hotels

I guess Fairmont Olympic is listed as a top United States Hotel..
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

I guess Fairmont Olympic is listed as a top United States Hotel..
It's in my top ten Fairmont hotels.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:34 pm
Suspended

It's in my top ten Fairmont hotels.
^.. Will have to try it out sometime for sure.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^.. Will have to try it out sometime for sure.
You really should- apart from the Four Seasons, this is my second favorite hotel in Seattle- beautiful property.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:20 am
Suspended

The first part is true, though doubt the veracity of the second part. This isn't even one of my favorite Fairmont's.
What's not to like about the Fairmont Olympic?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:17 am
Original Poster

What's not to like about the Fairmont Olympic?
Read post #11.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.