Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Old Feb 4, 14, 6:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC

I have posed the exact same question. Have been told it is work in progress and they will change that.. But still waiting for that change..
Old Feb 7, 14, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Hyatt Disc, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
Well, I received a reply in a reasonable amount of time from Accor BRG! So that's the good news (unlike last time when it took 3 weeks).

The bad news is my BRG request was denied. Denial is OK. But they denied my request without telling me why. They said "After study, it appears that your request does not meet due to sales conditions was not mentioned on the print screen you have sent to us so the "Best Price Guarantee" cannot be applied."

I truly have no idea what that means or exactly why it didn't apply - but clearly it was denied. So baby steps I guess. At least they seem to have enough people hired now to respond in a timely fashion. Now if they could just train them properly and improve their language and writing skills I might start to see light at the end of this very long and very dark tunnel.
Old Feb 11, 14, 2:20 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Having a similar problem as some people in this thread, non responses, delayed BRG issues and screenshot requests

I finally got an email back on the 8th Feb saying that my email from the 29th Jan has been forwarded to the General Hotel Manager for the Novotel Toronto Centre. I reminded them that Ill be travelling there on the 19th Feb so hopefully it will be sorted by then.

tl;dr

Filled in BRG form on the 22nd Jan and it is still not sorted
                Old Feb 11, 14, 2:41 pm
                Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
                Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
                Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Accor | Le Club Accorhotels forum pmarrsouth
                Old Feb 13, 14, 10:01 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
                Update:

They emailed me yesterday denying my claim:

"After study, it appears that your request does not meet, your booking with us does not match with the offer at the other website. Please be informed that you booked for a KGC - Standard Room 1 king-size bed, European Duvet, Free Wifi, 42'Flat Screen TV, Spacious Bathroom which the otel.com offers only double room/twin room; therefore, terms and conditions apply."

I replied stating:

"A double room quite clearly means a room with double bed. As your double bed rooms, with one bed in it, are King sized beds then it is clear that the otel.com deal matches what I booked."

Even on their site you can get a room with 2 queen beds, aka a twin room or a room with 1 king bed, aka a double room:

otel.com details:

Old Feb 16, 14, 7:36 pm

Update:

Finally sorted and got the matched rate less 10%. I don't think my reply above was looked at, the sales and marketing manager dealt with it and gave it as the process length was "unacceptable"
                Old Feb 18, 14, 11:49 am
                Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
                Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
                Originally Posted by pmarrsouth View Post
                Update:

Finally sorted and got the matched rate less 10%. I don't think my reply above was looked at, the sales and marketing manager dealt with it and gave it as the process length was "unacceptable"
                And we have a winner: If I'm not totally wrong this is the first report of a successful BPG here, even though it's due to a "local solution"
                Old Feb 18, 14, 7:44 pm
                Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Starflyergold, my BPG also came through end Nov. But I still don't know for sure if it was due to the long time it took for them to reply or that I was in fact right with my claim.
                But one thing is for sure: Spend the time to make a lot of noise and it will come through
                Old Feb 27, 14, 1:10 am

Programs: anti-MaRiot SPG-P IHG-S HH-D LeClub/CC-G, BA/A3-G DL/AY-P, Octopus
                Any recent experiences/successes? I'm looking at two different properties for next week and Accor is selling the rooms for *130* percent more!!!
                Old Feb 28, 14, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Hyatt Disc, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
                Originally Posted by remymartin View Post
                Any recent experiences/successes? I'm looking at two different properties for next week and Accor is selling the rooms for *130* percent more!!!
                Book via the 3rd party. My experience says that you will get denied by Accor if you ever get an answer at all.
                Old Mar 3, 14, 3:53 am

The method I have found that works in the past with multiple Pullman Hotels is to find the cheaper rate, then email and phone the hotel directly, asking to speak with the GM until they honour to give you the points and associated benefits if you book through the other website. This method seems to work, if you find the rate before you book.

However, I do wish Accor would just scrap the BRG if they cannot honour it. I have now switched all my business travel away from Accor, which is 3 nights per week in a hotel lost to the Accor brand.

I think my response from the Pullman in Munich shows what a joke the BRG is. I found a cheaper rate elsewhere, told them directly and the hotel told me that consolidators should never charge rates below Accor's website (a contractual agreement) and as a result, the BRG was not valid. Which is effectively is written declaration that the BRG is not a promise to the customer at all, as they would not consider rates lower than their own. What an absolute joke.
                Old Mar 4, 14, 12:56 pm

Programs: anti-MaRiot SPG-P IHG-S HH-D LeClub/CC-G, BA/A3-G DL/AY-P, Octopus
                Thanks for the responses. I booked another (much more expensive) property in another chain instead. I was in France where Accor is very strong, and had I had the time and energy, I would've called the hotel as cjtibbett wrote above.
                Old Apr 28, 14, 2:16 am

I was clicking through the accor sites and see that they have updated the BPG site:
                http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/garantie/formulaire.shtml

It now allows you to upload a screenshot (or any other file) which will avoid any future "I saw / you saw" conversation. Actually to be more precise: You MUST upload a screenshot - without which you cant submit the request.

What seems slightly tedious is that you also need to upload a screenshot of your actual Accor reservation instead of just giving them your confirmation number.

What I see as odd is that excluded are for example Accor Advantage Plus Rates....If you find a rate lower than the AAP Rate wouldnt that be in any case a really low rate? Anyway..

Other issues:

1) "The room category claimed for must be available and bookable on another website at the time of verification by the Accor customer service department." So if the hotel has a single Presidential Suite and I can find it cheaper somewhere else but I have made a booking at Accor already and hence not-bookable (meaning I cant re-book the only room available), I cant make a claim?

2) "The exchange rate used will be the Accor exchange rate in effect on Accor Internet sites at the time of the initial reservation."... and how would I know what that exchange rate is?
                ..and then: "Accor reserves the right to refuse a claim, if the exchange rates used by both websites are different. Differences in the currency exchange rates are excluded from the offer."

3) In the whole "conditions" page it does not say within what time frame Accor needs to get back to you.
                Old May 4, 14, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
                My first attempt at a Best Price Guarantee ended with a nice deal.

Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao. hotels.com had rate that was 30% lower than the Novotel website, by virtue of a 30% discount that the hotel itself wasn't offering. Otherwise both rates were exactly the same - same room, same conditions (cancel until 1 day before), both including all taxes, and both rates shown in local currency (CNY) to be paid at the hotel.

Booked the rate on novotel.com and put in a claim, along with screenshots from hotels.com.

A few days later got an email from the hotel claiming that hotels.com should not have been offering that rate, but offering me a deal - basically for a price slightly less than the hotels.com rate (but not the full 10% less) they upgraded me from a standard room to an Executive room, including lounge access, breakfast, free laundry, early check-in/late checkout, etc.

All up, a good result - still a few dollars more than it should have been, but I'll happily give that up for the better room/breakfast/etc.
                Old May 4, 14, 10:05 pm

Can't complain with that! Let's hope for more positive reports!

Search this Thread
                Search Engine: