Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Old Nov 24, 12, 12:38 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Since Accor BPG is kind of joke, should I rick myself?
I saw a hotel in Shanghai. Agoda is cheaper than Accor.
I know most of the people here does not have luck for Accor BPG. Does there anyone here get turn down comparing Agoda?
Old Dec 29, 12, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum
Since our request from end 2011 is still unanswered and the last one from last week also we will give up, bye bye Accor.....

By the way you should teach your call center people that you have a BRG. They did not know it.

Kind regards,
A Gold and a Platinum Member
Old Dec 31, 12, 6:31 am

Programs: IHG Platinum AMB, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Gold, GarudaMiles Gold, QR Silver, QF Silver
Originally Posted by yuchung5 View Post
Since Accor BPG is kind of joke, should I rick myself?
I saw a hotel in Shanghai. Agoda is cheaper than Accor.
I know most of the people here does not have luck for Accor BPG. Does there anyone here get turn down comparing Agoda?
Yes I know, Accor BPG is somewhat frustrating. However, as I previously mentioned (somewhere on this forum), I suggest you to email the hotel that you would like to stay in Shanghai. My experience and only...was in Sofitel Saigon. I've found that the hotelclub price is around 10 $/night (I forgot the exact price) cheaper than in Accor. Then after informed it to the hotel; the hotel apologized and told me that they would make my extra bed free of charge (supposed to be 35 USD/night) so it means that not only get the same price but I also got 25 USD/nite cheaper than in hotelclub. ^

Hope that you would get the same answer as I got. Good luck and don't forget to inform us after you got the response from the hotel !!
Old Jan 7, 13, 12:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond
Submitted a claim on Dec 21st. No reply. Sent an email reminder a week later. Received automated reply, nothing more so far.

Truly the worst hotel company I've experienced!
Old Feb 4, 13, 2:32 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, SPG Platinum
I thought A-Club members and specifically Accor Advantage Plus members were meant to receive the lowest rates? Well, I tried to book a hotel recently and they had a Korea Mastercard promotion quoting rates lower than the members' hotel deal rate. I've referred this to the Accor Concierge as I don't believe hotels can do that under the programme? They are also offering an upgrade too. What's the point of having Advantage Plus?! By the way, this is for a hotel in Vietnam in March / April.
Old Feb 9, 13, 9:53 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explore, MR Plat
Originally Posted by yorkboy24 View Post
I thought A-Club members and specifically Accor Advantage Plus members were meant to receive the lowest rates? Well, I tried to book a hotel recently and they had a Korea Mastercard promotion quoting rates lower than the members' hotel deal rate. I've referred this to the Accor Concierge as I don't believe hotels can do that under the programme? They are also offering an upgrade too. What's the point of having Advantage Plus?! By the way, this is for a hotel in Vietnam in March / April.
Isn't Advantage plus only for Aust and NZ
Old Feb 9, 13, 9:54 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explore, MR Plat
Has anyone had any Success with Accor's BRG
Old Feb 9, 13, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Wow, congratulations. The first successful application of the BPG anyone has ever reported here ^
Are you serious...there isn't too many BRG claims here!!
Old Feb 12, 13, 6:19 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Just an update. I tried, since it was only 4 euros of difference and the cheaper third party rate was on booking.com, so no cashback, miles, or other incentives.

+ Reply came within 20 hours! E-mail with explanation and word document with screen shots attached by author

- of course they (he?) managed to pull the cheaper rate that was there the day before (even after I booked on accorhotels.com). Booking.com only had the full flexible rate available. Result: claim denied. SCAM?
Old Feb 12, 13, 8:58 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by mith View Post
Just an update. I tried, since it was only 4 euros of difference and the cheaper third party rate was on booking.com, so no cashback, miles, or other incentives.

+ Reply came within 20 hours! E-mail with explanation and word document with screen shots attached by author

- of course they (he?) managed to pull the cheaper rate that was there the day before (even after I booked on accorhotels.com). Booking.com only had the full flexible rate available. Result: claim denied. SCAM?
hmmm... very few folks have had a success with BRG..
But since they pulled out the wrong rate, I would have followed up again..
Old Feb 13, 13, 9:04 am

Is there a phone number you can contact them on also
Old Feb 13, 13, 7:42 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Rusell View Post
Is there a phone number you can contact them on also
yes, there is.. listed on the site based on location..
Old Feb 15, 13, 8:22 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
But since they pulled out the wrong rate, I would have followed up again..
I did send them a reply to the e-mail (with my pdf-print of the alternative page). No answer... I mean, I understand that IHG is pulling up some creapy arguments (like 2nd person surcharge for a double room) in order to not honor a lower rate found on a different page, since they would have to give you the room for free according to their BRG, but accor? Come on... 10% below the other price found - that is definitively less than the 25% or so they have to pay to orbitz/expedia/... for selling their hotel rooms.
Old Feb 16, 13, 8:30 pm

I did send them a reply to the e-mail (with my pdf-print of the alternative page). No answer... I mean, I understand that IHG is pulling up some creapy arguments (like 2nd person surcharge for a double room) in order to not honor a lower rate found on a different page, since they would have to give you the room for free according to their BRG, but accor? Come on... 10% below the other price found - that is definitively less than the 25% or so they have to pay to orbitz/expedia/... for selling their hotel rooms.
Accor must be one of the worst hotel groups for BRG, even Hyatt hotels argue about the 20% but at least they give it to you
Old Feb 19, 13, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I put in a claim recently (directrooms.com undercutting the Sofitel London Heathrow by about 10%) and it was pushed back on two counts:
  1. The Best Price Guarantee applies on the basis of the price per night and not on the total amount of the stay
  2. I booked a prepaid rate and hence "the rate without local taxes can not be determined"

I pointed out by way of reply that they had conveniently paraphrased (1) and missed out the start of the sentence "For stays of two nights or more..." (mine is a one-night booking) and under (2) if they didn't know what the base rate was, how could they possibly pay the correct amount of tax.

Next reply confirmed my claim. Hooray!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: