FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1007141-accor-all-experiences-best-price-guarantee.html)

ZenWorld Aug 1, 2012 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by petitaix (Post 19041316)
12 days ago, I booked on accorhotels.com a night at Sofitel Hamburg. On the same day, there was a -10% offer on Expedia and tried the best rate guarantee on Accor. 12 days later, my claim gets rejected: Expedia cancellation is 3 days before at 12.00 noon, Accor is 3 days before at 18.00 noon.
12 days of investigation in order to save 15€ and a potential loyal customer.
I, of course, cancelled my booking and will go to Le Meridien instead and will avoid Accor from now on... :mad:

I hope someway, this feedback reaches the senior management, and they do something about it. This are one of the few things that will hinder the progress of Accor. They promised changes, I hope the changes will happen soon, and for the better.

starflyergold Aug 2, 2012 12:05 am

12 days ago, I booked on accorhotels.com a night at Sofitel Hamburg. On the same day, there was a -10% offer on Expedia and tried the best rate guarantee on Accor. 12 days later, my claim gets rejected: Expedia cancellation is 3 days before at 12.00 noon, Accor is 3 days before at 18.00 noon.
I, of course, cancelled my booking and will go to Le Meridien instead and will avoid Accor from now on... :mad:

Madness, they should revise this to "a no quibble price guarantee". The only conditions making sense are pre-pay or not pre-pay and of course it should be the same room.

AccorHotels Concierge Aug 2, 2012 10:14 am

Dear members,

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread.

I am really sorry to hear you are all disappointed with Accor's Best Price Guarantee offer.

I will share your thoughts and comments with the brand.

All the best to everyone.

Chris

AccorHotels Concierge Aug 2, 2012 10:19 am

Hi petitaix,

Thanks for your comment.

I'm sorry to hear Accor took so long to answer your request. It shouldn't have taken so long for Accor's customer service to get back to you.

I will, therefore, see what I can do for you with the appropriate department within Accor and let you know as soon as possible.

I apologize again for this inconvenience and thank you for your loyalty.

Take care.

Chris

petitaix Aug 2, 2012 11:25 am

@Chris - Thank you for your concern. With these ridiculous rules and awful/slow customer service, Accor defitinitely lost me as a customer.
I was so angry yesterday when I left my message on the board that I made a few mistakes: cancellation on Expedia, 12:00 noon, Accor, 18:00 - and 15€ saved, one customer lost of course.
Next stays: Hilton or Starwood!!!

ZenWorld Aug 2, 2012 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge (Post 19047168)
Hi petitaix,

Thanks for your comment.

I'm sorry to hear Accor took so long to answer your request. It shouldn't have taken so long for Accor's customer service to get back to you.

I will, therefore, see what I can do for you with the appropriate department within Accor and let you know as soon as possible.

I apologize again for this inconvenience and thank you for your loyalty.

Take care.

Chris

Originally Posted by petitaix (Post 19047599)
@Chris - Thank you for your concern. With these ridiculous rules and awful/slow customer service, Accor defitinitely lost me as a customer.
I was so angry yesterday when I left my message on the board that I made a few mistakes: cancellation on Expedia, 12:00 noon, Accor, 18:00 - and 15€ saved, one customer lost of course.
Next stays: Hilton or Starwood!!!

I must say Accor Concierge appears more active than before, so ^ to Chris.

Give Chris a chance to see what he can do.

I would really hope to see Accor stepping up their game as well. Cheers.

petitaix Aug 2, 2012 3:01 pm

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Yes, let's stay Zen ;-) and hope Accor finally invest in customer service, in a real loyalty program... Cheers!

ZenWorld Aug 2, 2012 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by petitaix (Post 19048908)
Yes, let's stay Zen ;-) and hope Accor finally invest in customer service, in a real loyalty program... Cheers!

I look forward to that too! Cheers!

RamRod Aug 15, 2012 9:47 am

Hi all,

I have been trying to make a claim using Accor's BPG too. It's been 12 days since I sent the form and no reply.

I sent an email using the "Contact Us" form and was told to call reservations, they told me to call LeClub, who in turn told me to call reservations!

A quick google search turned-up this thread and now I do not hold out much hope for my claim!!

I booked a Mercure in Frankfurt on a "Hot Deal" pre-pay rate. On the same day found the same "Hot Deal" pre-pay rate on Expedia.ca with an additional "Stay 2 nights and save 20% off your stay"..... It's $23 cheaper a night.

The rate is still available on Expedia, which is why I assume they have not yet replied to me (waiting for Expedia to take it down before the "validate"?)

Why do they make this such a pain, it is a small amount to Accor, but a potential huge win/loss for the customer?

Anyways.... It was about time I joined FlyerTalk anyway! Hi! :0)

starflyergold Aug 15, 2012 9:51 am

Welcome to Flyertalk and the Le Club Accorhotels forum RamRod ^

RamRod Aug 15, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks SFG.... Have been a long-time lurker, was about time I joined.....

RamRod Aug 20, 2012 10:35 am

So... Another 5 days have passed, and still nothing from Accor :(

The cheaper rate is still available on Expedia, so I am sure it is not in their interest to validate my claim just yet.

RamRod Aug 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Well blow me down!.... And there I was not holding out too much hope:

"Dear Mr RamRod,

In name of the Accor group, I thank you for taking the time to fullfill a web form regarding the Best price guarantee for the reservation here above mentioned.

On the basis of the information you have provided, I have the pleasure to inform you that the Best price guarantee is applicable to your reservation.

[Removed Reservation Details]

The hotel has already been informed about the reservation number and new rate in order to refund you the amount of [......] euros.

Please feel free to contact me would you need additional information, and I wish you a nice stay at the hotel Mercure Frankfurt [......]

Yours sincerely,

[A.N.Agent]
Reservation Customer Care"

I had just emailed the hotel directly too.... And they added breakfast in for my troubles!

That's me happy for now.... :)

starflyergold Aug 25, 2012 2:40 am

Wow, congratulations. The first successful application of the BPG anyone has ever reported here ^

abhilife2001 Aug 28, 2012 8:43 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 19189932)
Wow, congratulations. The first successful application of the BPG anyone has ever reported here ^

+1 ^