Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Old May 12, 21, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
To start with, you probably didn't pay a "Best Price Guaranteed" rate. To use the BPG scheme, you need to book a hotel via one of the approved channels first, then find a cheaper offer on a third-party website and submit your request. Not the other way round.
Also, the BPG rate should be 10% or 25% cheaper than the third-party booking.

In principle, if you booked your stay directly with the hotel, you should get the points and the benefits.
But perhaps they used an usual rate that is not eligible for points (without informing you properly).

I'd ask the hotel to explain what rate was used for your new booking and then try to reason/argue with them (again) so that you get your points.
Old May 12, 21, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by testman View Post
To start with, you probably didn't pay a "Best Price Guaranteed" rate. To use the BPG scheme, you need to book a hotel via one of the approved channels first, then find a cheaper offer on a third-party website and submit your request. Not the other way round.

In principle, if you booked your stay directly with the hotel, you should get the points and the benefits.
But perhaps they used an usual rate that is not eligible for points (without informing you properly).

I'd ask the hotel to explain what rate was used for your new booking and then try to reason/argue with them (again) so that you get your points.
100% agree with you! But when I go to my booking on Accor website, it’s says “BEST RATE GUARANTEE”… I don’t know what are the specs of this rate. I’ve asked more details by email to the hotel and expecting their feedback. Will let you know! If anyone recently had this BEST RATE GUARANTEE I would be curious to know what’s the specs.
Old May 13, 21, 11:10 am

Programs: A3 *G, Accor Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by testman View Post
Actually, It happens to me often, that I email the hotel directly (preferably the GM or upper management), send them the link for the 3rd party, politely ask for a match and actually get a match + 25% discount.
It does not work always, but more than often it does. I mention in the email, that I prefer to contact the hotel directly regarding a BPG and I had the feeling that hotels are often glad that I do... Maybe because they get come reprehension from Accor HQ when a BPG is actually confirmed?
Old May 20, 21, 4:50 am

Tried to get a Sofitel to match an expedia quote directly - but they referred me to the Best Price Guarantee on their website. My concern is - the rate I am looking for is non-refundanble (and cheaper on Expedia). If I book directly via Accor - and then the claim is rejected - am I stuck with a higher rate booking or will they allow me to cancel?
Old Jun 17, 21, 12:22 am

ALL / Best Price Guarantee / Experience / Poor customer service / Platinum customer.

After booking a 10 night stay on the ALL app, I went by curiosity to see some reviews of the hotel and some pictures of the hotel on the internet. I realized at that moment that the hotel reservation was much cheaper on "Hotels.com" with the same conditions.
So I submitted a complaint within 24 hours via the Best Price Guarantee form. The next day I received an email from ALL Customer service telling me :

Thank you for contacting ALL - Accor Live Limitless customer service.
I hope you are doing well.
I have checked your screenshots and can say that your Best Price Guarantee claim may be valid.
Just to be on the safe side, I will pass it on to the hotel who will deal with your request and get back to us with a final answer.
I will get back to you as soon as possible.
For any other request, I am at your disposal.
Accor thanks you for your preference and your confidence in our services.
I wish you a good day.

After 6 days, I sent back an email to Accor Live Limitless customer service, indicating that the hotel is currently closed and that I have noted that according to article 5 of the general conditions a return will be made within 7 days.

Still not having any answer, I decide to call Accor Live Limitless customer service - I was informed that the waiting time was 18 minutes. I had to wait for 1 hour and 22 minutes before to get someone on the line. He found my request and told me that he will inform his supervisor and that he would get back to me within the day.

The next day, still no answer from ALL. I decided to call again Accor Live Limitless customer service. The customer service tells me
- He doesn't understand why I still haven't received a return.
- He cannot process this type of request at his level.
- My request is being processed by his supervisor, but he cannot commit to a return date.

For his information, I remind him that according to the general conditions, a return within 7 days is foreseen (article 5).

This experience clearly shows that ALL delays returns on guaranteed price requests, most likely to discourage people.
The poor quality of customer service which cannot handle these requests.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 17, 21, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50, Marriott Titanium
Unfortunate experience, but it sounds similar with how Accor handles the Suite Night program: Publish a benefit that sounds good (Best Price Guarantee sounds great), but put in so many terms and conditions to make it practically useless. Make it difficult to talk to an actual person, and then remove all authority from your frontline customer service staff so the request goes into a black hole. Infuriating as a customer, but it seems to be the Accor way.
Old Jun 18, 21, 1:01 am

BPG approved

Originally Posted by Slc2012 View Post
ALL / Best Price Guarantee / Experience / Poor customer service / Platinum customer.

After booking a 10 night stay on the ALL app, I went by curiosity to see some reviews of the hotel and some pictures of the hotel on the internet. I realized at that moment that the hotel reservation was much cheaper on "Hotels.com" with the same conditions.
So I submitted a complaint within 24 hours via the Best Price Guarantee form. The next day I received an email from ALL Customer service telling me :

Thank you for contacting ALL - Accor Live Limitless customer service.
I hope you are doing well.
I have checked your screenshots and can say that your Best Price Guarantee claim may be valid.
Just to be on the safe side, I will pass it on to the hotel who will deal with your request and get back to us with a final answer.
I will get back to you as soon as possible.
For any other request, I am at your disposal.
Accor thanks you for your preference and your confidence in our services.
I wish you a good day.

After 6 days, I sent back an email to Accor Live Limitless customer service, indicating that the hotel is currently closed and that I have noted that according to article 5 of the general conditions a return will be made within 7 days.

Still not having any answer, I decide to call Accor Live Limitless customer service - I was informed that the waiting time was 18 minutes. I had to wait for 1 hour and 22 minutes before to get someone on the line. He found my request and told me that he will inform his supervisor and that he would get back to me within the day.

The next day, still no answer from ALL. I decided to call again Accor Live Limitless customer service. The customer service tells me
- He doesn't understand why I still haven't received a return.
- He cannot process this type of request at his level.
- My request is being processed by his supervisor, but he cannot commit to a return date.

For his information, I remind him that according to the general conditions, a return within 7 days is foreseen (article 5).

This experience clearly shows that ALL delays returns on guaranteed price requests, most likely to discourage people.
The poor quality of customer service which cannot handle these requests.
After 10 days, I finally received the approval from the hotel. It's a shame to wait to much time. It's doesn't help to keep a positive image of the ALL program.
Have a nice day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: