Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Accor/ Le Club: experiences with best price guarantee

Old Nov 11, 19, 11:47 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Originally Posted by Joliment View Post
Been refused again with a curt "room type is different".

Here is the room description from my Accor reservation:
"rooms with private terrace or balcony"

Compare, room description from cheaper reservation site:
"Double or twin room with balcony/terrace".

Is this even legal? Because it stinks.
I think the rooms description are made different on purpose, between Accor website and OTAs websites, to avoid BRG claims.

I donít think it can be considered not legal ...itís something about a T&C ...

for me is one of the reason why Iím saying bye bye to Accor. Unacceptable to be teased as customer
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:48 pm

Thoughts on BPG honouring a Luxury Escape deal?
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by sletts02 View Post
Thoughts on BPG honouring a Luxury Escape deal?
I think there are so many inclusions in LE rates that you would not find an identical package rate to compare to at Accor, but if the LE package is less than the prepaid room rate at Accor, might be worth a shot? And I'd be keen to hear the outcome...
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:03 pm

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
It looks like the BRG is now up to a 25% price guarantee, except at Raffles, Fairmont and Swissotel, which is still 10% off.
https://all.accor.com/best-price-gua...index.en.shtml
gilbertaue, tris06 and escape4 like this.
Old Jan 18, 20, 5:55 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Significant improvement. If they were quicker in responding I would probably try non-refundable BRGs more often because many times by the time they process the claim, the low rate is gone. But at least it will give me a greater incentive to try flexible BRGs than in the past.
Old Jan 30, 20, 9:46 am

Programs: none
First time using Novotel Hotel and has a positive experience. Booked directly with Novotel les Halles Paris website and asked for price match from hotels.com. Based on the above comments, I decided to submit the guarantee price match form online as well as sent the hotel an email with my screen shots. Within 2 days, I received an email from the hotel confirming that they would be able to price match for me. Within 4 days, I also received an email from the online form stating that they would price match as well. Saved about $500.
Old May 6, 20, 1:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
I have not had much success with Accor BRG in the past mostly because they are so slow to respond that after several days, a deal on a third party website might be gone. However my interest in using BRG is higher now that it's 25% off not 10% off, so I gave it another try and I rolled the dice on a pre-paid reservation. Barely a couple of hours after I filed the claim, I received a response from Accor informing me that they would forward the information to the hotel, and less than 24 hours later I got approval of my BRG claim. I guess covid has wiped out any backlog of such requests and they work much better now!
tris06, nrouxel and hotel_user like this.

Last edited by escape4; May 6, 20 at 5:06 am
Old May 6, 20, 5:04 am

Programs: Still ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I have not had much success with Accor BRG in the past mostly because they are so slow to respond that after several days, a deal on a third party website might be gone. However my interest in using BRG is higher now that it's 25% off not 10% off, so I gave it another try and I rolled the dice on a pre-paid reservation. Barely a couple of hours after I filed the claim, I received a response from Accor informing me that they would forward the information to the hotel, and less than 24 hours later I got approval of my BRG claim. I guess covid has wiped out any backlog of this requests and they work much better now!

Safe Travel.
escape4 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: