FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1007141-accor-all-experiences-best-price-guarantee.html)

camsean Feb 25, 2010 8:36 am

I have had a fairly good experience of using Starwoods BRG, and they certainly at least respond promptly to claims. The reasons that Accor deny claims don't sound entirely unreasonable, but simply not replying is shocking.

This thread just reinforces for me that Accor customer service bites.

HIDDY Feb 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by camsean (Post 13461988)
I have had a fairly good experience of using Starwoods BRG,

Marriott are fantastic with their "Look no Further" BRG.

I sent in a claim for the Marriott Sydney which I had booked then saw it on Hotel.com £15 cheaper.Before the day was out I had a reply accepting the claim....they matched it and gave another 25% off the rate on top of it as promised. ^

Accor need to look and learn from their competitors by the looks of it.

oxtailsoup Apr 21, 2010 10:48 am

Booked the Dubai Sofitel on Accor website with a 3rd night free offer. Saw exactly the same offer with Expedia for a better price. Struggled to find the online BRG form but sent it off anyway. No confirmation whatsoever from them yet. Very poor service and now concerned that its all one big scam especially as its a pre paid rate so I can't simply cancel and rebook the Expedia rate. I may try calling my CC provider tomorrow to see if they can cancel the payment.

:td: :td:

abhilife2001 Apr 23, 2010 8:00 am

Hi all,

Having seen here so so many posts on Accor not honouring the BPG and a post mentioning that they have NOT found even one successful BPG claim with Accor, it clearly gives an impression that is a fraud..

My query was.. arent hotels bound by some Eu regulation (specially since accor is an european grp) similiar to airlines?? Its basically improper trade practice and fooling the customer .. Can we not complain about this somewhere, since we obviously see that writing to accor is not taking us anywhere..??

shillard Apr 24, 2010 12:02 am

Easy - send your business someplace else, and let Accor know why.

oxtailsoup May 10, 2010 9:05 am

Thought I'd update you all on my progress.

Like everyone else, Accor refused to honour the BRG. Same hotel, dates, rate type etc etc. Excuse was that it was what they call an 'all inclusive package'. It was room only :confused:

I asked Accor to explain how they classed a room only booking as all inclusive. They never responded.

I opened a dispute with Amex and sent them screenshots of my booking, the expedia cheaper booking, the best rate guarantee etc etc. Amex have now refunded my credit card with the difference plus the 10% as stated by the BRG and they will be charging this back to Accor

So a bit of success ^ . Just not sure what, if anything, Accor will do about it. Quite interested to see though.

It's just the principle. Accor have lost my business wherever I have a choice.

abhilife2001 May 12, 2010 1:33 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup (Post 13930949)
Thought I'd update you all on my progress.

I opened a dispute with Amex and sent them screenshots of my booking, the expedia cheaper booking, the best rate guarantee etc etc. Amex have now refunded my credit card with the difference plus the 10% as stated by the BRG and they will be charging this back to Accor

just curious to know..why did amex agree to refund and charge it to accor.. this BRG is from accor rite and wht interest has amex in getting involved and honouring the brg ?? I normally book thru Amex so this is of interest to me :)
thanks

alanslegal Feb 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 13833291)
Easy - send your business someplace else, and let Accor know why.

I should have read these BRG threads before even bothering with my first and last claim.

My claim took 11 days :td: And it got rejected :td:

This is their reason:-

.....concerns an offering different from that found on our site:

-Different sales conditions :
It’s possible to cancel the booking the day of arrival at 2pm and we pay 1£ for deposit with www.travelrepublic.co.uk
It’s not possible to cancel 1 day before arrival at 2pm and we didn’t pay deposit with sofitel.com

A very pathetic excuse IMO, it doesn't even make sense to me.

abhilife2001 Feb 16, 2011 7:18 am

[QUOTE=alanslegal;15872908]I should have read these BRG threads before even bothering with my first and last claim.

My claim took 11 days :td: And it got rejected :td:

This is their reason:-

.....concerns an offering different from that found on our site:

-Different sales conditions :
It’s possible to cancel the booking the day of arrival at 2pm and we pay 1£ for deposit with www.travelrepublic.co.uk
It’s not possible to cancel 1 day before arrival at 2pm and we didn’t pay deposit with sofitel.com

A very pathetic excuse IMO, it doesn't even make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

+1..
it doesnt make any sense ..:td:

BKKLEE Jun 18, 2011 3:09 am

Accor's Best Rate Guarantee - Dark Ages

Accor's Best Rate Guarantee continues to live in the "dark ages" as submissions on their online claims are limited to bookings in 2010 (perhaps they are unaware of what year it currently is!?) and 2011 without the ability to put in a claim for 2012 bookings............... so much for their "guarantee"!

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/garantie/formulaire.shtml

virtualaris Jun 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Iamhappy (Post 13197190)
Booked a room on www.novotel.com for a night in their new Taipei Novotel.

Found on www.hotelclub.com exactly the same room with the same conditions for a lower price.

Used the BPG form on novotel's website.

Yea, I also got lower price in hotelclub rather than in accor website. I tried to book Sofitel Saigon, I got 244.86 USD for Luxury Club room in accor website but I searched and found 208.02 USD in hotelclub and 216 USD in splendia.

I haven't booked it yet and tried to contact A-club official on their facebook, they said want to "reply me ASAP". I waited for couple days, and finally almost a week, they said "they couldn't know how the price could be different". lol...what a silly answer !! I asked Dieu Anh here and she would forward it to her friend, unfortunately her friend was on leave, but she got a second thought that I could write directly to the hotel. But since I was also Adv Plus member, I got better rate, which was 191 USD then I booked it immediately because it was red hot rate on that time and I was afraid that it would not be available on the next month. I still wrote it to the hotel and they apologized for it, and..on couple days after that their rate in accorhotels was lowered. ;)

Although I didn't got better rate but I think it would benefit other A-club members. For this BGR issue, I think everyone here should write to the properties directly rather contacting Accor :o

thesteef Sep 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Accor: Biggest joke within hotel industry

As a frequent business traveler, I've quiet had it with Accor. They simply have the worst marketing within the hotel-industry and they simply cheat on their own customers. Of course, service depends from hotel-to-hotel, but their head-quater and marketing strategy is one big joke !

A-club is a real joke to me. I have to send several mails before they credit any missing points. Points gained by special offers aren't added automaticly at all, I always have to send them a reminder and a copy of the invoice.

Next to that, the "lowest price guarantee" is a real joke. Last time I wanted to stay 2 nights in st. Ermin's in London. Via accor: €409, via Hotels.com: €365, So I enquired how to apply for the 10% extra discount befor booking. They told me I should simply book the room and fill in a form within 24 hours after booking. My deal was non-refundable, so I made sure the conditions were the same.
I got no respons after a week, so I sent them a reminder.... no response. Then I dialed customer "service" in France and they said it could take up to the date of arrival before they handle my claim... if the room wouldn't appear on hotels.com for €365... they might reject my claim.

I sent them another reminder the day after my checkout. The answer was:
> Upon checking, I confirm that the e-mail you sent was not found. However, after checking your booking, it appears that the Best price guarantee is not applicable as a specific condition appears in your booking. Indeed, the following condition is specific to Accor and would not appear in another booking:
> "Hot deals restrictions.
> Client must provide credit card details to qualify for this offer."

So, they claim that accor forces me to pay by creditcard, while hotels.com doesn't... yeah right...

I filed a claim at my creditcard company and they credited my €70,-- and Accor of course refuses to answer my e-mail messages, since they simply know they are wrong.

lsed Sep 15, 2011 10:42 pm

glad to hear you were reimbursed by your CC company. Which country are you located in?

Personally I've never been too fancied by Accor.
Upgrades only with the Sofitel, MGallery or Pullman, and the points they award you seem so meagre.

I'm plat and I love the physical card, but that's about it.

Just spoke to a friend of mine who opened a new hotel and chose Accor to run it. And I was like WHY ACCOR??!!
But they did offer a pretty good deal.

thesteef Sep 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I think a company like Accor does not deserve to have any (loyal) customers at all as long as they treat their customers like <edited>.

Any kind of "guarantee" or "special offer" seems to be scam:

- "guaranteed" rooms: except on days with special events (what guarantee???)
- lowest price "guarantee": look above
- extra a-club points offers: why do I have to claim them several times after applying ?

My advice to frequent travelers: be loyal to any hotel brand except Accor!

I am located in Holland. Please notice that it depends on your bank to be reimbursed, but in the end if you have mastercard or visa, you can kind of force your bank to get reimbursed, but sometimes it's quiet a strugle.

petitaix Aug 1, 2012 12:29 pm

Au revoir Accor !

12 days ago, I booked on accorhotels.com a night at Sofitel Hamburg. On the same day, there was a -10% offer on Expedia and tried the best rate guarantee on Accor. 12 days later, my claim gets rejected: Expedia cancellation is 3 days before at 12.00 noon, Accor is 3 days before at 18.00 noon.
12 days of investigation in order to save 15€ and a potential loyal customer.
I, of course, cancelled my booking and will go to Le Meridien instead and will avoid Accor from now on... :mad: