Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

can I pay for a rental car for someone else??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2001, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

and get the credit--daughter going to san diego--can I prepay for the car rental--and get credit if I give her my hilton honors card or other airline miles card ,but she is the driver??????sorry if this is a dumb one
Old Feb 5, 2001, 6:42 pm

Not so dumb...in fact, we just had the same situation 2 weeks ago in SanDiego. Hubby and I were supposed to fly out together but he got sidetracked by a client in Chicago, so I flew to SanDiego alone. He called ahead to Avis and it did take a conversation with the manager, but they OK'd it. He gave them my NY Drivers License # on the phone and got the managers name. I think it also helped that we are Preferred Members... but the car was waiting in my name, engine running, and I just had to show my license as I left the lot. If you are using Avis this will probably be what you will have to do. SanDiego was AWESOME !!!
Old Feb 6, 2001, 11:06 am
Suspended

my question would be,if you deny the CDW from the rental comp cause the CC covers it,since the person whose card was used(primary renter) didnt sign the car out would the CC cover you if there was an accident? The miles a few hundred at best is NOT worth it if the car is in an accident. A few weeks ago my rental was hit by a sofa that fell off a pick-up,which was hit by a passing car, that ended up hitting my car in the drivers door, all while driving on the 405 interstate in LA. So if your a great,careful driver or not doesnt help all the times.So to me coverage should be FIRST,MILES 2nd.

[This message has been edited by craz (edited 02-06-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.