Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

UAL Double Miles 10/1 to 11/15

Old Sep 30, 2000, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold

Wahoo! Just got this in the mail. Everyone gets double DOMESTIC miles for the time period PLUS all premier bonus miles and status bonus miles. Time to fly!
Old Sep 30, 2000, 4:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I got a 5,000 bonus miles (Round Trip) to Europe offer from them today (10,000 to Milan), good between October 1 and December 15, up to three trips in Y, B, H, M or Q.

The terms said it was only valid to recipients of the card, is the double miles the same (haven't gotten that one, at least not yet)?

Got to wondering how they are figuring out who to send which one to.
Old Sep 30, 2000, 5:49 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Check the United board. There are ongoing threads on both of these promotions.
Old Sep 30, 2000, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cordelli, that one is targeted and is not related. This one is not. Check out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/003142.html

Old Sep 30, 2000, 8:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Check the United board, now that's a good one. Haven't been able to get into that one for a few days, it just times out.
Old Oct 1, 2000, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

I tried to talk my way into one of the targeted specials and failed, like so many before me! We are going to Europe and I thought the 5000 pt bonus would be nice, too. But alas... However, I did learn that my husband qualified for a bonus to PHL for which he never received a notice (bad post office) so I recommend checking with Mileage Plus before assuming you are not targeted.
Old Oct 2, 2000, 7:29 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I keep hearing about this postcard UA is sending out advising of double miles...I'm a PE and haven't received yet...I understand it's domestic only.

I'm taking a 17,000 mile intl trip involving about 4,000 worth of domestic connections in 3 weeks. Do you get the double miles in a domestic portion of an international ticket?

Which also makes me wonder...The TrueFlyer bonus--valid on international tix?

Paid H fare, miles to C...Except one international segment where the upgrade gods smiled upon me and double upgraded to F Hoping for F Suite, which I've only seen from a distance in my standard 6B on a 747. What are the chances now for a Suite in F from NRT-SIN?

UA board was working last night...But not so far this morning!
Old Oct 2, 2000, 10:15 am
Original Poster

The card does not say whether you get domestic segments on an international trip. I would expect so but you would have to check with MP. We are flying to London non-stop, which is killing me since we could have flown from CA thru JFK had we known. True Flyer better include international!!! I have no notice of that promo from UA itself, only a copy of a press release.
Old Oct 2, 2000, 12:03 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
One more note on this DOUBLE MILE promotion (Oct 1-Nov 15) it is for US residents only... Sorry again
Old Oct 2, 2000, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/003142.html

...or visit the Special TrueFlyer Bonus Section of The Unofficial United Help Desk and down at the bottom of that page there is a special blurb on this "No hassle. No limits." double mile promotion.
Old Oct 2, 2000, 12:32 pm

I received no postcard yet.

------------------
Old Oct 2, 2000, 5:06 pm

Got the postcard today, and my UA correspondence is usually slow. Quadruple miles seems ridiculous to me but I'll take it!
Old Oct 2, 2000, 8:16 pm

I am PE, got my postcard today.
Old Oct 2, 2000, 8:56 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
The postcard was waiting for me when I returned from Seattle.

Some other major carriers seem to be "testing the waters" in some markets by offering as much as half off United's lowest published fares. Is 4X-5.5X mileage enough to ensure your loyalty? I wonder...
Old Oct 3, 2000, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

True Flyer bonus (300% of top 2 elite levels) applies to EVERY UA metal flight, from everywhere, to everywhere, until year end for MP residents in EVERY country, on pretty well ANY purchaseable fare, other than free tickets/travel agent/staff types. No registration required. WHATEVER your MP level is December 31, you'll see points etc posted automatically early 2001..

The NEW deal is for ALL USA based MP members it seems regardless of status. Fares do NOT need to be round trip, but ONLY USA flights qualify it seems.

Therefore a SYD-LAX-ORD-IAD-LHR seems that if I have USA address I'd get only LAX-ORD-IAD maybe, as being part of a SYD-LHR might negate extra 100% bonus .. but I doubt that.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.