Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyPoints account deactivation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 1999, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

MyPoints account deactivation

When I tried to get my account balance, I got the message "Your account has been deactivated". Anyone else ever get this message? What should I do?
itz_stupid177 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 1999, 6:57 pm
Original Member

Answer: PANIC!

No seriously...

The same thing happened to me. I think it is some sort of glitch. Try logging out of Mypoints and logging back in. I think it may work ok then.

cheers Peter
Old Dec 18, 1999, 9:27 pm

I had the same problem this morning. After refreshing the member key, I was able to check my account balance without problems.

honu
Old Dec 19, 1999, 10:04 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Refreshing the key will allow you to see your account balance, but you will likely not be able to redeem.
Old Dec 19, 1999, 10:15 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

It's happened to me too. Most likely, they know there is a glitch that needs to be ironed out.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

Old Dec 19, 1999, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot! No wonder I like flyertalk - I can always count on you folks for help.

I can now see my balance again. Whew! For a moment there, I thought I was booted from the program and would lose all my points.
Old Dec 20, 1999, 9:44 am

I just got off the phone with MyPoints because my account has been listed as "disabled".

Apparently, something happened this weekend to a number of accounts and has caused this problem. I was trying to redeem some MyPoints points for a reward and have run into all sorts of problems.

They said that this 'glitch' should be fixed in the next few days. I asked them to post something on the main home page of MyPoints explaining this problem because it appears to affect lots of people..

Stay tuned...
Old Dec 20, 1999, 11:45 am
Original Poster

I left a message over the weekend for Jason at MyPoints Customer Service. He called me around 10 this morning and told me my account was now operational.

A quick response via telephone! And lately I have had fairly good luck resolving other items via email. I like this new trend in MyPoints customer service.
Old Dec 20, 1999, 11:55 am

I just re-checked, and it looks like everything is now fixed.. I was able to request my reward...

Yes, I concur - things are looking better at MyPoints.
Old Dec 21, 1999, 8:22 pm
Suspended

anyone doing mypoints should have the remove member key link bookmarked or in their favorites. Romoving themember key and then loggin back in solves many problems by refreshing both your cookie and their database. Here is the link for you all:
http://www.mypoints.com/mp/memberSer...ReturnLoc=1000

cheers,

tummyg
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by mikey
when i tried to get my account balance, i got the message "your account has been deactivated". Anyone else ever get this message? What should i do?
i have same issues from lost 3 days, any please suggest..
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by PG
Refreshing the key will allow you to see your account balance, but you will likely not be able to redeem.

I HAVE SAME ISSUES FROM LOST 3 DAYS, ANY PLEASE SUGGEST..

cAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE WHO TO REFRESH KEY.........
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Mikey
When I tried to get my account balance, I got the message "Your account has been deactivated". Anyone else ever get this message? What should I do?
Originally Posted by steve100
I just got off the phone with MyPoints because my account has been listed as "disabled".

Apparently, something happened this weekend to a number of accounts and has caused this problem. I was trying to redeem some MyPoints points for a reward and have run into all sorts of problems.

They said that this 'glitch' should be fixed in the next few days. I asked them to post something on the main home page of MyPoints explaining this problem because it appears to affect lots of people..

Stay tuned...
It's not resloved yet for my case...
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:26 am

It's not resolved yet for my case... Any one post contact details for my points..
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
...so, is 18 years and one week an all-time board record for necroing a thread? I suspect you could find something on Usenet that's far, far older but in terms of message boards? This is pretty impressive.

(An IT glitch going unresolved for 18 years would also be impressive.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.