Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about MyPoints/Vacation miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 1999, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Question about MyPoints/Vacation miles

I thought that MyPoints used to allow a direct transfer of their points for American Airline's frequent flyer miles. But when I checked the site today, I could only find the Vacation miles option. If I get Vacation miles and tranfer them into American's frequent flyer program, will I still be able to combine them with USAirway's miles when I get a ticket?
Old Oct 13, 1999, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
Answer is yes. And actually, this is the only option ever offered to get AA miles. It works pretty smoothly, as I transfered 5k some months ago without problem. You'll get a VacationMiles claim form in the mail, with an 800 number to call and give you AA account info. Took about 2-3 weeks for miles to then post.
Old Oct 13, 1999, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, Burkey!
Old Oct 13, 1999, 3:24 pm
pgupta011

It may take substantially longer to post the miles (for my brother it was about 2 months).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.