Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Collenette ponders future of LY flights to Canada after another security scare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2003, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/10/24/elal031024

OTTAWA - An El Al airliner made another unscheduled stop in Hamilton, Ont., on Friday. According to transport officials the threat against the airline that led to changes in its flight plan on Thursday still exist.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:36 am

To follow Collenette's "logic", I guess we'd have to ban all American flights to Canada. Aren't they the target of terrorists, too? Oh yes, that criteria would also eliminate British and Australian flights. Of course, that would help Air Canada to a position of monopoly, n'est-ce pas? Maybe that's the point and it's not all about penalizing the victim, after all. One more reason to hope Martin has someone else in mind for the Transportation portfolio.......
Old Oct 25, 2003, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
After watching Collenette's press conference yesterday, I shuddered to think what else may come out of his mouth. He comes across as such a bonehead at times that I wonder how me manages to stay in that portfolio. As mentioned by Charli, why would all future El Al flights be banned into YYZ? Heck why not just ground all El Al flights? I guess the only puzzling thing to me is why it was the TLV-YYZ flight that was threatened when there are so many others every day that could be targeted for a threat.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Collenette's pretty much toast by the next election anyway. He must be expecting a patronage plum, why else would he have made the lame high-speed rail announcement, without checking with Paul Martin. Maybe the next Transport Minister will actually show some leadership in putting our air industry on a solid footing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.