Wiki Posts
Search

AC to GRU continue to La Paz

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

AC to GRU continue to La Paz

Has anybody flown AC from YYZ to GRU?
Is it worth upgrading to First/Business class?
I will continue on Varig to La Paz from Sao Paolo. What is it like to fly first class on Varig?

Thank you very much in advance.

Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:25 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I've never flown this route but I can let you know that it's operated by 763. Configuration is 2-2-1 and 60" pitch. You'll be very comfortable and definitely worth upgrading (assume you have some sort of Aeroplan status as that's the only way to u/g on AC).

I'm not sure about the meal status and Varig, will let others answer that.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 5:31 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
I have flown YYZ - GRU on AC Exec First and on to GIG (Rio) on Varig First Class.

As Empress described, YYZ-GRU is standard AC Exec First config (I flew an ex CP 763 1-2-2 configuration). It's a longish flight ~11 hours so if you can upgrade it's probably worth it. Varig first was great!

If you could be more specific re your question I can possibly supply more detail.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I hope you will find this trip report useful regarding service on Varig:

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/002683.html

To La Paz, I believe only a 2 class service aircraft is offered, not 3, so no real Int'l First Class, more like Business class.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your replies.
I am considering Economy or Business Award flight from US to La Paz through YYZ (the only connection available from my city).
I have enough for 2 tickets in Business for Star award but I wanted to know if it is worth to fly in Business on this route.
thanks again.

I am hoping to do Inca trail in June... Anybody is going to be there at that time
Old Feb 5, 2003, 5:55 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldPremier:
I have enough for 2 tickets in Business for Star award but I wanted to know if it is worth to fly in Business on this route.</font>
I think so. If your usual travels don't allow you to purchase J or F tickets, redeeming points would be the best way to get into the J/F cabin. I would say treat yourself and go for it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.