Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

buy a ticket get a companion ticket?

Old Dec 17, 2002, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP-Elite

I have a business trip in New Zealand (AKL) in Feb. and I would like to bring my wife (we're departing from YYC).

All reward seats are sold out according to AP and I don't want to pay 150K points (2X 75K).

Is there another option? I'm willing to pay Y fare for me. Can someone enlighten me about 'buy a ticket, claim a companion ticket' offers?

thx
jambone
Old Dec 17, 2002, 6:08 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

This reward is only good for travel on Air Canada operated flights only. So if you're going to AKL, the companion ticket can only be used for YYC-SYD and you'll need to find a way between SYD-AKL for your wife. Unless I am mistaken, this free companion ticket comes out of D & W.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 6:29 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
The only other option I can think of is for you to become a member of Diner's Club Maple Leaf card, pay you fee of 375$ and then claim the "once a year" free companion ticket. The only glitch is the fare category...B or C...

Hurry up because DC/ML is requiring you to pay the fee before giving you the privilege of using your "free companion" option.

Good luck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.