Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting Paid to Surf at GOTOWORLD.COM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 1999, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Getting Paid to Surf at GOTOWORLD.COM

I am relatively new to this site and I hope this is the right forum for this topic.

I have read about two of the sites that pay you to surf the net. You just have to keep an add banner running at the top of the screen while you are on the net. In fact, I am doing it right now.

It appears to me that gotoworld.com pays for more hours and at a higher rate than alladvantage. So if you only want to have one going or only have space to on your drive, I think this is the way to go. If anyone is interested or has questions after downloading, e-mail me with your questions.

Because I initially heard about this site from a FT junior member, I used their referral number. I would love someone to sign up using my id#1029109907.

To be fair if anyone signs up using my number, that person should put a post on this board so the next person uses their number.

This might be an easy way for everyone to get a couple of layers of refferals.

Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 1999, 5:19 pm
Original Member

Sign up for WWW.GOTOWORLD.COM with Giftcertifcatesrewards ID #(check the previous post) and surf for cash.
Email your friends with your own ID# and really make some cash.

I run 4 ad banners at once. WWW.ALLADVANTAGE.COM ID# apa-051 ( This has been around the longest and has a great reputation for delivery what it promises.
WWW.PAYBAR.COM Referral ID#1401173907 WWW.SPEDIA.NET Referral ID#112872

The $$$ I'm making is just adding to my travel fund!!!
Old Sep 16, 1999, 8:43 am
Original Member

This is exactly the spam that both gotoworld and alladvantage discourage. They specifically warn against posting to newgroups.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 8:56 am
Original Poster

I think there is a difference between posting a message about a way to make money that doesn't cost anything to participate versus sending out mass e-mailings. I may be wrong but that is what I think SPAM is. Also, the FT boards discuss many programs that appeal to people that are looking for prgrams to get incentives (diet coke rewards, freeride.com, my points, gotoworld.com). I found out about gotoworld.com on these boards and appreciate someone letting me know about it.

Now, I would not feel the same way if someone was e-mailing me with the info on Gotoworld.com. In fact, I got SPAMMED this morning by someone telling me about Alladvantage.com.

Also, I made it very clear with my topic heading about what this board contained. I was not trying to trick people to reading anything in here.

I hope this addresses your response and that you now agree that this is appropriate for this particular discussion board.

Take care.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 9:41 am
Original Member

But this has nothing to do with travel, and you haven't really participated in this forum other than to post this notice with the intention to make money for yourself. It's off-topic at best, and shows lack of respect for the people who live here at worst.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 9:56 am
Original Poster

First of all you are right that this has nothing to do with travel, but I thought these boards could address programs that didn't necessarily have to do with travel. Because I am new to these boards, I based my decision to post this topic based on other topics that were out there. At least two that talked about Alladvantage. My feeling was that gotoworld.com had a better payout and I wanted other people's opinions. Yes, I would like it if someone used me as a refferal, but I also stated that if someone did, that they should put their ID down so they could get credit. Once again, I assumed that this was an appropriate topic for these boards based on other boards that I have read. If my assumption is not correct, then I apologize.

Secondly, I have posted replys, questions and topics for American Exprss and Sprint and intend on being a very valuable member to this community. So, please don't take offense at bringing this topic up as an offense.

Thanks,

Old Sep 16, 1999, 10:04 am
Original Poster

One last comment,
It is obvious at least two seasoned members of the community don't like this being on the discussion boards.

I would suggest that to keep people from discussing this topic, we quit going back in forth about it. This way the topic will sink down the list and won't be read by anyone.

Once again, I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Sincerely,

Brian Phillips
Old Sep 16, 1999, 3:20 pm
Original Member

It seems that Aaron and Quiet Lion don't care for these posts. Ok, fine. But.....Aaron, spamming? I think not.
Quiet Lion, this is no more travel related than a post earlier today about Starbucks ice cream......did you post a complaint there too?

To other Web Flyers---if we've offended anyone, I am truly sorry. Just thought you all would like info on how to make $$$ even while you are reading Web Flyer posts or surfing any other site, even though its not really in the relm of "frequent flyer" or "travel" anymore than the posts I've read about ice cream, salt and pepper shakers, and peoples cats that have been posted here.
I really was just trying to "share".
Old Sep 16, 1999, 3:41 pm
Original Member

If you read the rules for either of these programs, you will see that they clearly state that public message boards are not to be used for getting referrals.
Old Sep 16, 1999, 4:12 pm
Original Member

I don't think this is spamming!!! I understand spam to be email sent to a specific person at a specific address!!!! I don't consider this to be much different than using a signature with a link! And as far as this being related to travel, I think this was first talked about in OMNI. Telling someone how to make some money so they can travel is what was intended. Not all of us work for someone who flies us across the country, letting us get frequent flier miles!!! We don't have expense accounts that reimburse us for travel cost either!! Most of us are just regular people trying to save up for one vacation a year. If using a "paid to surf" banner helps, so be it. This topic is just as relevant to travel as some of the other posts I've seen on this bulletin board. The information was given in the spirit intended by this forum!!!
Old Sep 16, 1999, 5:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
just relax everybody - please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.