Wiki Posts
Search

MCI 25K bogus (I mean bonus) miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 1999, 3:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

MCI 25K bogus (I mean bonus) miles

I think I figure this one out. As I suspected, MCI had no intention of awarding me the 15K miles they originally promised. Just to be sure of this, I wrote to them last week and received an email from them today, confirming my suspicion. After that, I immediately log onto the web and signed up for the Sprint service. I guess they don't care at all that they have just lost my business (and I spend oodles and oodles of money on long distance every month!)

Now here are my observations:

1. My sister in Atlanta has successfully signed up for the MCI 25K bonus miles.

2. My boyfriend has also successfully signed up for the bonus, in San Diego.

3. I, on the other hand, was refused the bonus (in Boston). So were my parents (in Atlanta).

The common denominator is this: As long as you switch long distance company from something else to MCI, you will get the bonus regardless of your location. On the other hand, if you are currently a MCI customer, the only way you can get the 25K miles is if you live in one of the 9 states (unless you are very lucky - in that case, you are the exception)....does anybody know when this 25K promotion ends? Just to prove to myself that my theory is indeed correct, I want to try to switch back to MCI to see if they will give me the bonus.

On a different (happier) note, I just won a radio station contest worth $1000! Hurrah!
Old Apr 29, 1999, 3:55 pm
Original Member

Congratulations Demeter! Another winner on this board...
Old Apr 30, 1999, 3:04 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
Great move, your move to Sprint! I wonder what MCI would offer if all the people who were initially offered the 25K miles would move to Sprint?
Old May 1, 1999, 7:15 am

demeter, according to the original post by xxxxchan back on April 13th, the flier says the offer expires on May 13th. On one of the many run-around calls I made trying to get this offer, I was told that you had to leave MCI for three months before the system recognized that you were no longer an MCI customer. Is that true? Who knows. I was told so many things.
Congratulations on winning the grand!
Debbie
Old May 1, 1999, 8:36 am
Original Member

Debbie:

My experience. Left MCI in the past, and yes, it took almost two months for them to recognize my abscence. However, I recently switched to sprint on 4/6 and by 4/28 I received an offer for 2k bonus miles (united, via mail) to come back. Also called MCI to make sure that "I'm gone." So this time, the most recent, it didn't take that long. My brother had to call to tell MCI he didn't want their service before he was disconnected (?). Thus, perhaps switch away and call and tell them to cancel your account.
Old May 1, 1999, 9:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Two months? Don't think so. I was gone from MCI for exactly two WEEKS last November and received an offer to comeback for 12,000 miles over 5 months. Of course I took it.
Old May 4, 1999, 10:08 pm
BSL

The MCI saga continues, not wanting to settle for NW miles on Sprint instead of MCI on CO, I called MCI one last time. I explained that my phone is in Texas and that I am not eligible as I am not in the 9 states listed on the 25K promotion. I explained that MCI promised these miles to me when I switched back from Sprint and now they were welching on the deal.
MCI Rep. Sherrie at x1060 in the Hunt Valley MD center (800)444-3333 explained that I needed to have the code: Z4WC instead of Z25C.
This code is for a "winback" (person won back from another telephone company). She knew of the 9 state limitation, but said this code would allow the miles to post outside of the 9 states.

Z4WC

I'll keep you posted about the miles.
BSL

[This message has been edited by BSL (edited 05-04-99).]
Old May 5, 1999, 6:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
I'm not sure of the code, but I too was told of the "win back" and a customer is only allowed to claim this once per ff number. Bottom line, I have an email from cust svc that says they'll give me a total of 25k, and I don't live in the afore mentioned states.
Old May 5, 1999, 12:55 pm
Commander Catcop

(Organ grinds or phone dial tone whines here)

"As the Phone Company woos..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.