BA & AMEX

Old Sep 8, 1998, 10:32 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

BA & AMEX

Is the only way to get BA points by using AMEX through Marriott?

I heard that it woul dbe possible through USAir to American Airlines to BA - has anyone been successful at this?
Old Sep 9, 1998, 7:48 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 2 Million Mile Flyer, LifeTime Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Diners Club is part of BA.Yes AA and US AIR are partners.You can pool mileage for an award.
Old Sep 9, 1998, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Yes, US and AA are alliance partners, but you can't transfer AMEX points to US and then pool them with AA miles for a BA award. You can only pool US and AA miles for awards on AA or US, and even then only for awards that AA offers directly to US frequent flyers, or that US offers directly to AA frequent flyers. These are separate award schedules that are in some circumstances less favorable than are offered to the airlines' own members.
Old Sep 9, 1998, 12:02 pm
Original Member

America West is also a partner Airline with BA. Also, don't forget about the new BA credit card from First USA.
Old Sep 10, 1998, 2:27 pm
Original Member

How Jungian! I recently posted some info on this subject to another message board. That is probably where Kuty saw it. I will repeat myself. Yes, you can get you Amex points to BA via Marriott, but at a bit of a cost. 30,000 Amex points gets you 30,000 Marriott points. But 30,000 Marriott points gets you only 10,000 BA miles. There are other levels to this as well. 20,000 Marriott gets you 5,000 BA, for example. If you have a lot on Amex and need/want BA miles, it's a way to do it. I am a big BA fan. Flew Concorde once for free, and I don't think I would do this. But you can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.