Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MarriottRewards 20th birthday

Old Nov 20, 2003, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE

Randy writes in the current print issue of inside flyer (11/03) about the birthday of Marriott Rewards. Excerpt from his editorial on page 6:
This month we acknowledge and applaud the twentieth anniversary of the Marriott loyality program (Nov. 20). Known over the years as Honored Guest Awards (HGA), Marriott Miles and now the collective Marriott Rewards, this grand dame of hotel loyality programs has earned every bit of respect it has today - Happy Birthday (could this mean a birthday trash is in the works?).

Marriott has published a timeline from the introduction of Honored Guest Awards until today. The beginning is described:
Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites launches Marriotts Honored Guest Awards -- a points-based frequent travel program available at approximately 120 full-service properties. Club Marquis members are automatically enrolled in the new program.

The first post in the Marriott Forum on Flyertalk is dated 05-07-1998 02:41PM. The poster was MileMonitor (= Randy, AFAIK).

The web archive goes back to 1998 and shows the first home page from marriottrewards.com

But now from the past to the future: which promotion comes next?

Happy Birthday! (Writing this from a Junior Suite in the Munich Marriott Hotel)

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M
Old Nov 20, 2003, 2:20 pm

I too enjoy my Marriott stays and Just used some rewards nights at the Rennissance in Amsterdam for 2 lovely evenings on the concierge floor where the internet acress was free but soooo Slow Happy 20th year Cheers Jane

------------------
UA PremEx AA Plat *wood Plat
Old Nov 20, 2003, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Lifetime Gold
I will be staying in Vail during Christmas on an award stay. Thanks Marriott for the great program!

Happy Brithday
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
(Writing this from a Junior Suite in the Munich Marriott Hotel)
</font>
That's a nice one, but the one I like the best there is the irregular one on the 7th floor straight in front of the elevator. The view is really something!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.