Old May 17, 2002, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: Naples, FL/Monaco ... Hilton Gold ... Starwood Gold...Hyatt Plat
Free upgrade to Hilton GOLD!

Maybe I should not post this.

Tom

[This message has been edited by MONACO00 (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 12:33 pm

HHonors service rep. entered code for me but said 4 stays within 90 days are required to achieve Gold stautus under this promotion.
Old May 17, 2002, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterAviator:
HHonors service rep. entered code for me but said 4 stays within 90 days are required to achieve Gold stautus under this promotion.</font>
Edited...

------------------
Tom

[This message has been edited by MONACO00 (edited 05-22-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 12:46 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MONACO00:
Maybe I should not post this. </font>

If you had that thought, you should've stuck to it. Is there any other program that you'd like to dilute the value of by giving Elite status to those who have not earned it in ANY way?
Old May 17, 2002, 1:28 pm

What is the program number for this?
Old May 17, 2002, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by duxfan:

If you had that thought, you should've stuck to it. Is there any other program that you'd like to dilute the value of by giving Elite status to those who have not earned it in ANY way?
</font>
Perhaps you are right duxfan, but I did not want to do anything malicious, and/or lose this opportunity. Anything given can be taken away. I have a stay coming up here soon, and I am looking forward the upgrade.

Also, I remember (and participated in) a free upgrade to Gold in the Starwood program, which I first heard of on this board. If I remember correctly; the person who posted quickly removed the info after further thought, but offered the info if you contacted him.

If one really wants the info, email me at the address in my file.

------------------
Tom
Old May 17, 2002, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Let's not repost the #. I agree, don't give away the bank.
Old May 17, 2002, 1:50 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MONACO00:
Maybe I should not post this.

Tom

[This message has been edited by MONACO00 (edited 05-17-2002).]
</font>

Sorted now - many thanks.
Regards,
Alex

[This message has been edited by alexwuk (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 2:14 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
FT - just not the place it used to be. I thought this was about earning miles and more, not hiding info you stumble on?
Old May 17, 2002, 2:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by duxfan:
Is there any other program that you'd like to dilute the value of by giving Elite status to those who have not earned it in ANY way?</font>
Give me a break. As has been debated many times before, sharing information like this about comped status is what FlyerTalk is all about. If you don't like it, take it up with HHonors for offering the promo and not restricting eligibilty. New Golds won't dilute the program much unless these people actually have a lot of stays at Hilton. In which case, they deserve the perks and Hilton benefits from exactly the increase in bookings that they were hoping for. Everyone wins. Get over it.

MONACO00, please repost the information so more FTers can benefit.
Old May 17, 2002, 2:36 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
dhacker -

Monaco's post was not about comping status. It was about giving out promo codes that were given to CO Gold and Plat members, and to AA Plat and EXP members. If you didn't earn it, you are not eligible for it. If you want a comp, go to the program and show them WHY you should be comped. If you can justify it, you'll get it. But what I see going on here is a group of occassional travellers trying to get something that they haven't earned.

Got Starwood elite? Then call HHonors, I'm sure that they'll comp you. You can show them that you can provide them with a lot of revenue. But do you have the right to use the promo code others have EARNED? I disagree. It dilutes the value of the program, and makes it harder for those of us who have EARNED the perks to USE the perks. Just what us road warriors want, one of you "once a year" travellers, scamming a code to get into an Elite program, and then getting the last room upgrade...

Oh, and thanks for the tip, I think I will contact HHonors and let them know that the promos are being passed around on here!

[This message has been edited by duxfan (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 2:53 pm

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
I am confused as to how giving out free status will dilute the product. If the person cannot earn the status, then they will more than likely not use it once they do have it. And if they do use it, it will probably only be occasionally. And if they switch completely to Hilton from another program, then so be it. If you complain about anyone posting the info here, then you should also complain about CO and AA having the agreement with HH to offer this type of benefit as those frequent flyers for whatever reason, day trips, etc. didn't have the status already.

If you think that you won't be able to get the benefits of Gold just because a few people that stay at hotels a few nights a year have gotten the status for free, then just switch to another chain.
Old May 17, 2002, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

</font>

------------------
Tom

[This message has been edited by MONACO00 (edited 05-19-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 3:11 pm

duxfan, Hilton has been giving away Gold Hhonors status like water for a least 3 years. Also, the Gold status codes for CO and AA elites have been circulated widely on FT for many months. Don't bother alerting Hilton. They read FT and must have seen these codes posted before. If Hilton cared about people sharing these codes, they would verify status with AA or CO.

[This message has been edited by dhacker (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 3:25 pm

For example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004063.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004010.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003766.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003739.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003732.html

These are all from recent postings in the Hilton forum, where Adam Burke and his staff from HHonors have surely seen them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.