Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Anyone tested lastminute.com or .se yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2000, 6:53 am
Original Poster

If you could decide about your travel plans in the lastminute I suggest you check out the site. The swedish version .se offer this time ARN-BOS for 1600SEK, ARN-NRT for 2700SEK and a similar price for HKG. The only problem is that they dont tell you which airline you will fly with but since they are giving you the fly times its not so hard to find out. Just check a few intercont routes and you will soon found out which airline group they are working together with.

Btw 1$ is around 9SEK.
Old Aug 25, 2000, 8:05 am

I used lastminute.com for a hotel. Good deal, no hassles.
Old Aug 25, 2000, 9:35 am

I have used lastminute for hotels and they are OK, althoguh on a couple of occassions the hotels have not been gracious about this method of booking!

As for flights, never ever again would I even consider it. A couple of very long stories which I won't bore you with, but simply put - if you want them to sell a flight to you, fine, they are great - but don't go looking on their site for something to suit your needs.

PS: Based on the few experiences I have of speaking to them on the phone, they are useless - I accept that this is a limited exposure, and am happy to be proved wrong by glowing testomonials (or not).

Nick
Old Aug 25, 2000, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Kempis .. pretty big deal outfit in the UK.

Just bought a big slab of www.travel.com.au and now have a little presence up there from last week on that website.

What pisses me off is the offer type "UK $600 ... on one of the following 700 airlines - we can't tell you which one UNTIL you've paid. Click here so we can explain why we need to do this" etc

Tell me HOW looking at times will help on SYD-LHR routes??!!

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Aug 25, 2000, 11:52 am
Original Poster

I wonder if Lastminute.com and lastminute.se has the same airline group that they are mostly working together with..

OZZ
Well if you check times for the SYD-LHR routes I think its pretty easy to find out which airline you are travelling with. Also not that they will mention how many stopovers and the arrival time at LHR.

The prices from Sweden to NRT and HKG are with SR if you wonder.
Old Aug 29, 2000, 8:22 am

I used Lastminutetravel to find "cheaper" hotels in Manhatten--then I called the hotel. The site had a rate of $139, but the hotel had a manager's special of $129. The hotel was about a block from Penn Station, so not the best neighborhood, but not bad for $129!

The moral is, take the time to call the location. You might be able to bypass the site altogether, feel more confident in your reservation and maybe get a better deal!
Old Aug 30, 2000, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
At the beginning, UK offers were normally no better (and often worse) than other web outlets.

Flights were anonymous in their detail, though flights to the US were often with Icelandic and to other parts of Europe with British Midland.

I doubt that much has changed. Given the anonymity, I'm not prepared even to login in any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.