Wiki Posts
Search

Getting kids to Camp!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2000, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Getting kids to Camp!

Thank you for stopping.

I am trying to find creative ways to earn frequent flier miles. All miles earned will be used to sent young boy to the Calvinist Cadets International Camporee in the year 2002 in Alberta Canada.

I have raised money and miles to do this in the past and have been blessed with success My goal is to provide only the transportation to the camp for as many boys as I’m able to. Transportation provided through airlines via frequent flier reward programs.

My inspiration for this came from my love of flying, interest in frequent fliers programs, stories about the Pudding guy, and finding this bulletin board

At age 12, I was privilege by having someone pay for my transportation to the Calvinist Cadets International Camporee in Tennessee in 1972. I never know who the guy was but never forgot the experience The Camp is held only once every 3 years and in different areas of Canada and the United States. I have been able to provide free transportation to approx.35 kids for the last 7 camps (20 years).

I’m hoping with help and blessings that I can find ideas to accomplish my goals. I heard about sites that will give miles for references, great frequent flier programs, and others. I haven’t been able to locate them or find any that seemed to fit my goals. The reference to the Congo line caught my interest but not sure how it works. Any assistance that you can provide will be appreciated.

[email protected]

------------------
Junebug
Old Feb 23, 2000, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
If you or someone else had time and money....say $3000 (could you collect donations to help pay for the purchased tickets that are needed to claim the award?)....you could do the 1,000,000 miles offer from Latin Pass. Look in "The Buzz" under "1,000,000 Bonus Miles." 1,000,000 miles would get you about 40 award tickets to Canada. Lots of us are doing the bonus but be very careful when buying the tickets. There are lots of rules.

If $3000 is too much there is 500,000 miles to be had for about $1500.

Chris Moss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.