Search

when no longer needed, give your ticket-pass to a student

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 1998, 10:48 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
when no longer needed, give your ticket-pass to a student

in LHR (underground) or in SFO (cable-cars-and metro) or ORD (metro): for ground-transportation I usually buy a one- or more-days ticket-pass. When I fly off, often there is a validity of several hours left.

Give those tickets to some, just arriving backpacked youngsters (standing in-line at the metro-ticket-counter) - they will appreciate (why youngsters and not elderly persons - unfortunately I made the experience that people of my age and older will always disbelieve you/reject it/throw it away).
Old Nov 19, 1998, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a great suggestion Rudi. One which I have done many times. In fact, as you come out of the Queensway underground station in London, you are pretty much assulted by students begging for passes...especially late at night when they assume you will no longer be needing it.
Old Nov 19, 1998, 12:13 pm
Commander Catcop

Strange thing in New York City...I don't see
students begging for the Metrocard Transit
passes (if you're a student in NYc you have Two jobs to stay in schoool... I speak from experience!) But I too give my transit passes away to people who ask from London to SFO to Prague.

Could this be coincidence: In SFO I gave some poor man who met me coming off the cable car my transit pass (I well used it beyond the price of the ticket.) He said he needed to get on the cable car to get home and added he "gives" me good luck the rest of the night.)

I get a complementary upgrade on UA SFO-EWR,
the meal I wanted, no mustard pretzels, a very nice flight attendant and an early (22 minute) arrival in EWR! Maybe teh luck rubbed off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.