Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 1998, 4:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Expiring Miles

I was going to transfer my '98 expiring AA miles to Hilton Hhonors - but just learned they do not transfer to Hilton anymore! I hate to see any miles expire, even a small amount. Any suggestions what to do with less
than 10,000 mmiles on American? Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 1998, 4:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
ReneeMoss: welcome on FlyerTalk. You get probably more specific advise on your subject if you place it under the AA and/or Hilton-topic - please (and it also helps if you give a very brief hint in your title: f.e. "transfer a few AA miles to HH").

Thank you and enjoy it here.
Old Oct 22, 1998, 4:13 pm
Original Member

You could open a Diners Card account & get 20000 bonus club rewards points (converts to 10000 miles). Try looking at the "Childrens skymiles accounts" thread in the Delta section for some other suggestions.
Old Oct 22, 1998, 4:13 pm
Original Member

I'm assuming that you would be willing to fly somewhere with AA before the end of the year...
Old Oct 22, 1998, 5:00 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Thanks Rudi - & baobab - It doesn't pay for me to waste Diners miles on American - they will bring DOUBLE for transfer to Delta in Feb. I use the Hilton Hhonors programs to save bits and pieces of expiring mileage - but no can do with American - so guess they will just have to expire!
Old Oct 22, 1998, 7:20 pm
pgupta011

You can convert miles into MCI gift certificates. And rather than let them expire, donate them.

Old Oct 23, 1998, 4:04 pm
Original Member

If you have at least 20,000 miles in your account, United is offering a free, one-year extension on MileagePlus miles expiring in 1998. You don't even have to claim an award to get the extension. Check out this month's MileagePlus newsletter or www.ual.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.